SOTD : Saturday 28st August to Friday 03th September 2021

Shaving antics brought to you by the theme 'Insert your theme here...................'

View attachment 76102

.................. - Stainless Mongoose
.................. - Kai Titan mild
.................. - Yaqi Dandelion
.................. - Abbate y Mantia Matteo
.................. - Abbate y Mantia Krokos splash

In a fit of sheer idleness I have decided that you in this lovely little community can name my theme this evening. Choose whatever you want. 'Chris you're a daft sod', 'Pack this garbage in you boring old bastard' or anything deemed worthy, or not worthy of course.

A few pointers

A great razor and superbly matched blade
A darling little brush and duly named by the Welsh
A soap which does not have the scent of bleach. @Boycie83 you ignorant swine
Brilliant finish
Happy bunnies
And now I have just finished tugging a Helmut it is time for bed

View attachment 76113

And to end this shave it just has to be those ladies from over in Japan, and, Band Maid it is

Did you mean Helmut......or Helmet ?????

Last edited:
Tue 31 SR SOTD
Soap Stirling Iced Pineapple
Brush Yaqi 24mm Green Mink
Razor Henckels Friodur 472
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel Lemon Chill + Proraso Green Splash
Awesome soap! The intoxicating scent, icy feel with nice creamy and slick lather...wow!
I am loving this extra hollow razor more by the shaves....initially don't like it due to tugging, chattering, and skipping. Now the edge is really keen and yet very smooth...wow! Today's 3passes resulted in my best ever finish...between dfs to bbs...awesome!!! At a small price of 3 micro red spots...not bad at all. The shaved area feels so smooth.....
20210831_120322.jpg

SOTD : 31st August 2021.

15.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Nivea Men Power Fresh Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
FatFace Ocean Escape Soap Bar.
Brush: APShave Co 24mm Cashmere Synthetic.
Bowl Lather.
Bowl: Home Bargains Stainless Steel Side Bowl.
Lather: Haslinger Aloe Vera Shaving Soap.
Blade: Mers SuperShave X Platinum. (D1)
Razor: Muhle r89.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezings, Cold Water Face Rinse. /Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.3 Menthol Crystals, Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./ Nivea Men Fresh Kick ASB./Superdrug Forest Fresh ASL.

Greetings,

Early morning shave.

The Haslinger Aloe Vera is another great performing nice mild fragranced shaving soap which my mature skin loves and creates an acceptable lather in a short space of time which doesn't dissipate or dry out on your face in between passes leaving a superb post shave feel.

A Enjoyable 2 pass + pick ups close comfortable shave with no errors to report...Finishing the shave off with a generous splash of Superdrug Forest Fresh ASL.

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling divine.;)

Stay safe, and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

00817C1C-F7CB-4CA9-A5E4-D32C1DD03E84.jpeg

Prep: Shower with PAA cube menthol.

Pre: PAA cube unscented.

Soap: Stirling Campania.

Brush: Yaqi Cavern Lake two band badger

Razor: Karve B plate.

Blade: Gillette Winner.

It’s my first day back to work after my holidays, and need to go back to a slightly speedier shave in the week. The Karve was more than up to the job with a great 3 pass shave. It’s such a great solid razor, it feels like a natural extension of yourself and always gives fantastic results. The Stirling is one of their milder soaps but I love the well balanced scents. The winner blade is great but not something I will need to grab again.
Have a great day everyone.

SOTD
DSC02172.jpg
Prep: Warm shower
Brush: Cadman 30mm Tuxedo
Soap: B&M Reserve Spice
Razor: GEM Micromatic Clog Pruf
Blade: GEM PTFE (3)

Another dedication shave to @Tony'schin & @Scotshave for the generous PIF of the Clog Pruf, thank you so much. I have never used a Micromatic before but it was a genuine joy. I love big modern industrial razors (I'm not into shiny things), but there is something about these vintage GEMs. They both look delicate but seem almost bomb proof, they really do appear to be made to last a lifetime and beyond.

The razor itself is simple to load, holds the blade solidly and is very manoeuverable. It was easy to find the angle, and I've ended up with a very smooth irritation free finish. Absolutely love it.

Thanks again guys, very much appreciated!

Hope everyone has a cracking day!

Cheers

Marc

SOTD
View attachment 76124
Prep: Warm shower
Brush: Cadman 30mm Tuxedo
Soap: B&M Reserve Spice
Razor: GEM Micromatic Clog Pruf
Blade: GEM PTFE (3)

Another dedication shave to @Tony'schin & @Scotshave for the generous PIF of the Clog Pruf, thank you so much. I have never used a Micromatic before but it was a genuine joy. I love big modern industrial razors (I'm not into shiny things), but there is something about these vintage GEMs. They both look delicate but seem almost bomb proof, they really do appear to be made to last a lifetime and beyond.

The razor itself is simple to load, holds the blade solidly and is very manoeuverable. It was easy to find the angle, and I've ended up with a very smooth irritation free finish. Absolutely love it.

Thanks again guys, very much appreciated!

Hope everyone has a cracking day!

Cheers

Marc
Glad you like it, Marc. Yes, these things are built like tanks :)

Tue 31st August

Stirling Syn 26mm
MWF
ATT SE1
Kai Captain Titan Protouch MG ( 6 )
Tuff Green A/S Lotion

Away at the weekend, had a nice travel Shave with an Occams Oren, but a day off yesterday. A long time since I used this Razor, fitted with a blade borrowed from another Razor. All went well, though little blade feel the quality of the finished Shave is excellent.

5EEBDB4E-1329-4AEE-918F-BD140155E2E3.jpeg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom