Brush - Yaqi Sagrada Familia 24mm
Soap - Signature Soap Valentia
Razor - Colonial General V2 Stainless - Ikon Bulldog
Blade - Feather PB (2)
Post - Cold water Rinse, TC's infused Witch Hazel
Balm - TC's E45/Argan oil EO scented Balm
A/S - Signature Soap Valentia

Wk35 (7).JPG

A very nice comfortable shave today with the V2 General, everything else worked fantastically well. I have also found the original V2 handle, therefore, it should make an appearance soon.

Stay safe and enjoy your day All

Thursday 09.02.21 SOTD

z20xhpX.jpg

ATT Classic Kronos R1 / Gillette‌ 7 O'clock Yellow
Spiffo "Castillo" African Blackwood 24mm HMW SHD Fan
Fine Accoutrements Snake Bite Shaving Soap & Aftershave

02/09/21
SEptember
Pre - Shower, Cold water Face rinse
Brush - Yaqi Sagrada Familia 24mm
Soap - Signature Soap Valentia
Razor - Colonial General V2 Stainless - Ikon Bulldog
Blade - Feather PB (2)
Post - Cold water Rinse, TC's infused Witch Hazel
Balm - TC's E45/Argan oil EO scented Balm
A/S - Signature Soap Valentia

View attachment 76219

A very nice comfortable shave today with the V2 General, everything else worked fantastically well. I have also found the original V2 handle, therefore, it should make an appearance soon.

Stay safe and enjoy your day All
Thank you

And so we arrive at a Thursday and in my case complete with a shave themed 'Thursday's shave'

20210901_141236.jpg

Hammer wielding God day - Stainless Colonial General
The blade of Thor - Feather Super Professional
Thunder brush - AP Shaving 30mm Cashmere
Jupiter in here somewhere? - L' Occitane Cade soap
Jupiday? - L'Occitane Cade balm
I have no idea - Floris Santal

Thursday. Discovered by a large bearded Norwegian with a Stanley claw hammer and a bit of a penchant for a good old ruckus now and then. Usually involving a large scale invasion of the neighbours and the occasional removal of carpentry nails. If you are going to defeat another village then remove any nails from their buildings.

I say 'discovered' as previous to its official naming; people had a sense something had to exist between the earlier found Wednesday and Friday from previous expeditions. Expecting to wake up on a Friday they woke up with dismay to find the chippies closed and the traditional Friday evening meal off the menu. And so Thursdays came in to existence. It is on this particular day this week I find myself shaving with the above listed shaving goodies.

A long winded pile of shite to be followed up with the immortal words 'By God lad that were a smashing shave'. A bit like going to your local corner shop via Inverness.

On a more shaving related note these V1 Generals are items of legend in my little world. Just impossible to get things wrong and some of the finest shaves imaginable are there for the taking. I am legend. Indeed you are Mr Colonial.

'Mmmmm. It appears I have found something between Sunday and Monday. This could really screw up the 24/7 theory'

Are these some kind of Japanese Blink 182?

Thursday

Santa Maria Novella Tabacco Toscana
Simpson Trafalgar T2 synth
Face lather
Valet Autostrop VC3
Feather Hi Stainless
Alt-Innsbrück EdC

Whilst the VC3 is never going to have the efficiency (imo) of other SE fellows, it’s a respectable wee chap; especially if there’s not much to mow down (yesterday’s ER 1912 shave q.v.). So, more of a reduction today, rather than a guardsman’s freshly bulled boot finish.

6639361F-6874-4354-80D4-80A2995E00E9.jpeg

Thursday AM 2021-09-02
U.S. Treasury Department formed on this date, 1789
GAsHGVN.jpg

Rooney Emillion 2 Porcelain-Jade Finest (24/55)
XPEC Original shaving cream (vintage Forester Milan version) + Moroccan Rose Absolute
Wolfman WR1-SB 0.74/Triad Aristocrat Brass & Stainless Steel
Wilkinson Sword 'New' (1)
Aramis Tuscany aftershave

It was great to get back to a smooth, high-quality blade this morning. I suppose if my nose were younger and more sensitive, the XPEC might be overpowering, but for me now it is just right, especially with its edge softened by the rose absolute.
6oOFEHR.jpg

Back
Top Bottom