SOTD : Saturday 28st August to Friday 03th September 2021

Gillette Aristocrat #22, Gillette Platinum
Hand-carved Ash Barbershop Boar
Derby Stick
Benjamin’s Bay Rum
Astral Cream

Excellent results and after a quick visit to the local Turkish barber’s, I feel most refreshed. Can’t beat a close shave and a neat haircut to lift the spirits. Even Matron approves!

I must try and take SotD photos like the fantastic images displayed here, but alas, I’m just not very good at it and it all seems such a faff to this technological Neanderthal.

Wednesday 1st September

Soap • Zoya Vetiver
Brush • Yaqi Chianti 24mm Synthetic
Razor • Blackland Vector
Blade • Kai Protouch MG (8)
Post • Brut Sport Style Aftershave

For a £3 soap Zoya performs really well
It's a shame it's no longer available

Kai Protouch MG still doing the business 8 shaves in
I concur with @mpf9ret - that these blades retain a keen edge and smoothness for a long time

In the absence of a Vetiver Aftershave, I used whatever was closest to hand - Brut Sport Style
It nourishes my shaved skin nicely

01/09/21
SEptember
Pre - Pears Transparent Original Cold water Face wash
Brush - Simpson Chubby 2 LE Faux Tortoise
Soap - Signature Soap Vectis
Razor - Blackland Vector
Blade - Feather PB (1)
Post - Cold water Rinse, TC's infused Witch Hazel
Balm - BartsBalm Tester F
A/S - JPG Le' Male'

View attachment 76165
A wonderful start to SEptember.
I will mainly be using @BrianH wonderful Signature soaps to help things along, dotted with some other special soap here and there.

Stay safe and enjoy your day All
Cheers, it’s god of you

46B17FB7-C18B-4EF4-94DE-862ADEC4BE01.jpegPrep: Hot Shower
Brush: Grizzly Bay Fanchurian
Razor: Stirling Stainless DE Razor Fort Worth handle. Standard plate
Blade: Super shave x (1)
Lather: OSP sandalwood shaving cream
Post Shave: Proraso - Sandalwood - Aftershave

Finally that austere august is over - can get to using some different stuff!

Decided my first outing to be with some of the new gear - Stirling stainless razor, grizzly bay 26mm fanchurian, and OSP sandalwood shaving cream. Thank you Paul @pjgh for the cream - it’s great! It was an awesome PIF and glad I got to try this!

Fanchurian has quite nice soft hair, but would like it to have a bit more backbone to be honest. Still - good splay and nice gentle face feel. Been a while since I've used a cream, so had to grab a bit more of it - since the lather was quite airy at first. After loading the brush some more - I got rewarded with great slick lather. I must say I also liked post shave feel of this cream - a lot.
3 passes for near BBS - First outing with this razor and standard plate - which is plenty aggressive in itself. At least on this outing, I felt as if it's more aggressive than blackbird. Excellent razor.
It does have some good weight to it as well as nice balance. And smooooth. Very smooth. Two small love bites from this razor - one on Adam's apple, and another on a chin. Not too bad!
Seemed to have a good dose of blade feel too - which I only expect to increase on the Hyper aggressive baseplate. Probably will have one more shave with this plate then try the HA one.

SOTD : 2nd September 2021.

16.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Nivea Men Power Fresh Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
FatFace Ocean Escape Soap Bar.
Brush: APShave Co 24mm Cashmere Synthetic.
Bowl Lather.
Bowl: Home Bargains Stainless Steel Side Bowl.
Lather : Williams Mug shaving soap.
Blade: Mers SuperShave X Platinum. (D2)
Razor: Muhle r89.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezings, Cold Water Face Rinse. /Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.3 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./Aloe Vera Gel./Williams Aqua Velva ASL.(Spanish Version)

Greetings,

Early morning shave,

Another wonderful performance from the Muhle r89/SuperShave X Platinum duo to start the day and to finish my shaving week off in style.

A Enjoyable 2 pass + pick ups close comfortable shave with no errors to report. Finishing the shave off with a generous splash of Williams Aqua Velva ASL.(Spanish Version)

My face is feeling smooth cool, & smelling divine.;)

Keep safe, and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Last edited:
20210901_160053.jpg
SOTD 1st Sept
Pre - PAA Cube
Soap - OSP Urban Viking
Brush - Yaqi Giotto 24mm
Razor - Gem Micromatic Open Comb
Blade - Gem Personna SSC #10
Post - Goodfella's Abysso lotion & L'Oréal Hydra Sensitive Birch Sap
A stunning shave.
Alot of blade feel with this wonderful razor but its the closest shave I can get with my Den. A real face feeler.
Take care all.

SOTD 02-Sep
DSC02191.jpg
Prep: Warm shower
Brush: C&H 'Longtown' Fanchurian
Soap: Cerberus
Razor: Friodur 72-V

Grand shave this morning, the cerberus set isn't a daily user for me but it is very nice. Very pleasant and smooth 2 pass shave with a good finish, not a face feeler as I was going purely for reduction this morning.

Don't know what happened with the picture, might be an optical illusion but it looks like it's distorted!

Hope everyone has a cracking day!

Cheers

Marc

Todays Cold Water Shave Kit - Thursday 2nd September 2021

Shave Score 10.0

PreShave: Hot Shower \ PAA The Cube 2.0 "Menthol" \ Signature Soaps - Patchouli\Orange Foaming Shower Wash
PreShave: PAA The Cube 2.0 "Non-Menthol"
Soap: TDS Evergreen Juniper
Brush: Yaqi 26mm - Timber Wolf
Razor: Karve Aluminium (C)
Blade: Gillette Winner (1)
Post Shave ASL: Speick
Post Shave Balm: Barts Balms - Ben Nevis
Post Shave Cologne: Penhaligons - Douro

Love the scent on the Evergreen Juniper, another great BBS shave with the Karve, not managed to give it a blade that it couldn't handle yet :)

Have a great day all.

Joe
IMG_0107.jpeg

Sept Stirling Slant Thu 2 SOTD
Soap Stirling Margaritas in the Arctic
Brush Yaqi 24mm Silvertip
Razor RazoRock G37 Slant
Blade Pro 500 Platinum 1st
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel MitA + TGS Sea Citrus
Another excellent soap! Great scent, just nice cooling level not to mention a creamy and slick lather...
Very smooth and comfortable but deceptive good shave with the razor paired with this blade. Absolutely gliding and crisp in 3passes for a mostly bbs finish and...unexpected multiple weepers, hahaha...dang!
20210902_095644.jpg

Thur 2nd September

Jayaruh Syn. No 67
L`Occitane Cade soap
ATT SE1
Kai Protouch MG [ 9 ]
Tabac A/S Lotion

Really hit the sweet spot with The Brush and Soap, a rich abundant creamy lather. Not surprised that the Shave went well with such a lather, but the blade itself shows no sign of tailing off, so will put off my Razor rotation for at least a couple more Shaves.

IMG_1632.jpg

IMG_20210902sm.jpg

Well my new brush has arrived. Like I need another brush!!!

Anyway it’s a Yaqi, this one is a Cavern Lake. I’m not sure why, but it seems to me to represent a mixture of “stone” from inside a cave and clear lake water, possibly a Canadian lake. If anyone knows for certain, please comment.

As usual with Yaqi synthetics, it worked a treat with the Mitchell’s and the handle shape is very comfortable. Synthetic brushes are so low maintenance, no pre-soaking, quick drying and very reasonably priced.

This was a lovely shave, although I must confess to missing a patch here and there on the top lip. Since I dry and clean my razors immediately after use, I dug out an old electric razor to remove the missed bits. That was a mistake. I now remember why I dumped electric razors, nasty, tuggy, burny things. Convenient, certainly. Pleasant, certainly not.

Razor: Feather ASD2
Blade: Feather (1)
Soap: Mitchell’s Wool Fat
Brush: Yaqi Cavern Lake Synthetic
Pre-shave: Proraso White
Post-shave: Bart’s Lime Balm
Bowl: Face lather

Back
Top Bottom