SOTD : Saturday 28st August to Friday 03th September 2021

Friday AM 2021-09-03
National Skyscraper Day - Louis Sullivan (architect 'father of skyscrapers') birthday, 1856
Dzg2wcD.jpg

Rooney 3/2 Ivory Finest (24/58)
Czech & Speake Oxford and Cambridge shaving soap
Wilkinson Bonded System (11)
Caldey Abbey aftershave
BSUCRsJ.jpg

And the end of yet another SOTD week on a Friday evening and in this case with the theme 'Friday's shave'

20210902_202940.jpg

Friggday - Colonial General V2
Day of Venus - Feather Super Professional
Fish and chips day - Wee Whiskey Barrel
Dayafterthursdayday - MDC Fougere
Unluckysometimesday - Chanel pour Monsieur

Friday. Named in association with some flowery Roman Godess who was unremotely involved in demasculating some bloke who............

Whoah, whoah, wait a minute Chris, haven't we been here before this week? So quit now while the going is good.

Seems a while since I last exercised the V2, so out of hiding it came. And what a very pleasant reacquaintance it was. Like any other General the V2 only does brilliant and a worthy follow up to the original Colonial SE's. A wonderful start with the MDC and the Groom Room's super little brush just added to a superb all round shave. One of those shaves where everything fell in to place including happy bunnyism. And we all know about happy bunnies?

Have a most wonderful weekend you wonderful people and always remember, I love you all.

So much so I dedicate this little band of Japanese girlies to each and everyone of you. Enjoy.............or don't

Gillette Tech K 1 (1965) Tech head w/ PAA Bulldog style handle
Gillette Brasil Wilkinson Sword blade (#1)
Turn 'N Shave 25mm Quarter Moon Tuxedo custom brush
Stirling Sheep unscented mutton tallow soap
Generic Brisk AS

wp1bomf.jpg

If you like Stirling soap then you owe it to yourself to try one of their mutton tallow soaps which IMO "kick it" up a notch. (y) ;)

788A00E8-099A-435A-AE2A-39FF92B975E5.jpeg
todays (or more like yesterday’s ) shave has been completed with this beautiful yet vicious razor. I think this is a first for me to actually consider whether razor isn’t too aggressive. Couple shaves with standard plate I have really enjoyed - yet this one is seriously bonkers! Definitely not a plate to use for daily shaves - would say 3 days of growth or more would be appropriate. Just look at this gap! I made sure my lather was on point and also used preshave cream … yet still got few weepers!

beauty and the beast in one! That’s for sure! Need to be as careful when putting it to face as when using a straight - wrong angle and straight away leaves a cut - experienced that today under the nose. But all in all good shave!

Finished off the OSP sandalwood cream that I won recently in a PIF. Amazing stuff - as much as I didn’t find it the easiest to face lather (bowl lathering definitely helped) - the post shave feel of it is insanely good! Hands down would be my favourite shaving cream. Scent is great too and paired lovely with Proraso red aftershave!

@Crossan all in all - the hyper aggressive plate is a beast. I don’t think any razor I tried compares with aggressiveness at all with it. The standard plate for it feels a bit more aggressive than blackbird. Tomorrow will have another go with it and let you know the thoughts once blade is a bit smoother

Yes, it is made by the monks at the abbey.

Beauty!

Do you have a connection with Pembrokeshire? Have you visited?

It's been almost two decades since we were down that way. Lovely part of the world. I was just looking at the website and reminded by the fish window transparency gift of that last trip where we'd booked into a hotel to find it owned/run by one of my lecturers from Uni! Evening menu was kept very simple: Fish. Fish, dropped off by one of the monks so you got whatever he'd caught ... or not. Puzzled not to find it on google maps, it appears to have been knocked down and luxury housing built - it was in a real prime position.

Need to be as careful when putting it to face as when using a straight
That is insane, as you say it almost looks like you're going at yourself with a shavette/straight.

Tomorrow will have another go with it and let you know the thoughts once blade is a bit smoother
Definitely interested to hear your thoughts if the blade smooths out a bit, though it definitely seems the most delicate of touches and your best lather efforts are needed.

Even if I didn't like the look of the razor or the set it comes in (which I do) I am tempted to get it just for the challenge!

That is insane, as you say it almost looks like you're going at yourself with a shavette/straight.

Definitely interested to hear your thoughts if the blade smooths out a bit, though it definitely seems the most delicate of touches and your best lather efforts are needed.

Even if I didn't like the look of the razor or the set it comes in (which I do) I am tempted to get it just for the challenge!
Yep pretty much haha!
To be honest - it is quite a smooth shaver and in the end I don’t think blade being a tad smoother will make much of a difference!
Definitely the lightest of touches and lather on point - with this plate it’s a must!

Haha that’s exactly how I feel about it - definitely a keeper for me!

Back
Top Bottom