SOTD : Saturday 27th - Friday 2nd August 2019

Bulldog Sensitive face wash & shower
Executive Shaving bowl
Razorock BC synthetic brush
ATT M1 on iKon Bulldog handle
GSB blade
Castle Forbes Lime cream
Wholly Kaw Man from Mayfair aftershave toner

Massive fan of the Bulldog handle, my new fave. I had the Bulldog 2 before but the knurling was too subtle, ie barely there, and the original is nice and shiny. I think this is my perfect handle. Length, weight, balance all great, easy to manoeuvre and looks great too. All round win.

5671AD1B-5E28-4247-BA9D-1B36B68CE49F.jpeg

Finished with Arctic Kinesia ASL - this was gifted to me by @Digimonkey , an absolute winner in both performance and scent

I'm glad you liked it P. - I'd agree with your conclusions - a great after shave few have heard of - the only problem with it - is finding the damn stuff - not easy even in Spain - where it is made. The department store El Corte Ingles sometimes carry it - but it tends to be in the supermarket bit - not with the rest of the grooming stuff on the ground floor. The Dia supermarket chain normally has it in the bigger outlets - and appears to sell it via their website - but I shudder to think what the postage costs would be - although there is a free 'send to store' option - should you happen to be on holiday there. I suppose it might be worth sending an email to Gemstone to see if they were interested in selling it? Cheers - I.

Date:- 31 July 2019

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Brush:- Edwin Jagger Synth. v2.0 Silvertip Fibre Faux Horn 25/58mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Barrister & Mann ~ 42 .......Whale Vomit
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Razor/Blade:- Karve CB SS 'D' / Vintage NOS Gillette Super Stainless (spoiler) #2
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Natural Glycerin (20), Tea Tree Antiseptic (10), Lavender (15) & Peppermint (10 drops)
Fragrance:- Dolce&Gabbana The One for Men

My second round with this whale vomit B&M 42 is not too bad and I, think, I can keep this soap in my den. However, I'm still not so sure at the moment.

Wednesday AM 2019-07-31

Moss Anniversary Slate scuttle with tepid water
Rooney 2/1 Ivory Finest (22/56)
Brooks Brothers shaving soap (vintage)
Raw Shaving RS-10/Wolfman WRH7 Half-Polished
Wilkinson 'Light Brigade' (2)
Cigar Aficionado aftershave
udBbKfM.jpg

Been in Ireland for a few Days

So this has been the equipment I used for Monday, Tuesday and Wednesdays Shave, no complaints as all excellent. First Shaves with the Polsilver Lodz and I see why people rate these very highly. Thank you @Satanfriendly for the chance to try them.

Preshave : EJ Menthol
Soap: LPL Apricot
Brush: Zenith Synthetic
Razor: Karve D Plate
Blade: Polsilver Lodz
Balm: Bart's Unscented
EDT: Hermes Equipage

Today.jpg

Wanted a Gillette this morning given my run of modern razors lately. The iKon El Jefe was an interesting departure but the first TTO ever designed by Gillette seemed in order. The first Generation Aristocrat TTO is as smooth as it is beautiful though opinions vary of course. This 34/35 was my “White Whale” for awhile but I finally caught him. Loaded with a Wilkinson Sword (German) this morning.

Soap of the day TFS GdiT is a lovely performing soap with a great scent. If you have an order into Italian Barber anytime soon grab this one with the matching balm or any of the TFS soaps. They are vegan based unless I have missed anything and the scent profiles I have tried have all been winners.

Lathered up and got through a very nice two pass DFS. No muss or fuss. Just wanted to get cleaned up and on the road. They got it right with the first TTO in my humble opinion.

Happy shaves and safe travels all.
Rating: 5 / 5

Razor: Gillette Aristocrat 1934-35
Blade: Wilkinson Sword Stainless (Germany)
Brush: Rocky Mountain Barber Company - Best Badger
Lather: Tcheon Fung Sing Linea Intenso - Ginestra di Taormina
Aftershave: Tcheon Fung Sing Linea Intenso - Ginestra di Taormina
Additional Care:
B.I.G. Co. Alum Block
Guerlain L'Homme Ideal
544341E2-8C51-4414-B393-158C6C55A3E5.jpeg

Today brought with it a shave based on the theme 'Cobblers to Cobras'

20190731_175219.jpg

A reluctant trip to the Post Office this afternoon and a sad farewell to the Cobra. Not to be deterred though a visit to the local Turkish barber and one very nice haircut later had me wanting a shave with accuracy. Say goodbye to a week of SE's and a 'welcome back to the fold DE's'

Not a Cobra razor - Ikon B1 SB on an ATT Colossus
Will not fit a Cobra razor - Polsilver Lodz
Not a razor at all - Cadman 30mm synthetic Tuxedo in copper and black
Even more remote from being a razor - Apothecary Oils Lemon grass soap
What no Cobra? - Blenheim's Bouquet shaving cream
What a load of old Cobras - Blenheim's Bouquet EDC

Have I been misguided and self mislead for this past week as a return to my trusty old stead the Ikon SB has just delivered one of those 'bottle in a jar and sit on the shelf' shaves. Sometimes one needs a jolt to remind oneself how damn good some things are, and this razor is certainly a 'I nearly forgot blessing'. Brilliant. I have always sworn by these razors (and I could often swear at them as well) and they are as good as anything else in my shaving armoury. Use with care and the returns are truly wonderful. Don't and expect to go through a whole roll of toilet tissue.

I also wanted to remind myself of how to respect and use an aggressive razor as tomorrow will see my first delve in to the world according to Muhle R41's. I didn't want to just dig in to an unknown quantity this evening and live to regret. And go through a whole roll of toilet tissue while at it. Be afraid, be very afraid as someone said. After a return to the Ikon all I can say is 'Bring it on'

The Mervyn Cadman continues to amaze and with a few quick flicks of the wrist a mountain of rich super lemony scented lather. And a bloody great cream while at it. Highly rated here.

So a wonderful lemon based shave finished with the pathetically short lived (but lovely) Blenheim Bouquet EDC to see me to the top of the stairs. If I run quick enough. Feeling great and very much that rearrangement of the words, Bottom, Smooth and Baby.

Be well one and all and may the remainder of the week be kind to you all

More Japanese heavy metal girlies anyone?

Wednesday, 31 July 2019 My usual workday shave/set up

PreShave: Warm to hot water, most from the boiled kettle some from the tap
Cream: TOBS Platinum Collection
Brush: Kent BK8
Bowl: My recycled T&H cream bowl
Razor: The Sledgehammer (Merkur 39C)
Blade Astra Platinum (5)
Post Shave: Alum

Fragrance: None—work day

I'll swap out the Astras with another blade every couple of weeks, but the Astra is the “go to” blade (and the standard for comparison—they're good blades, but allow for comparison of both superior and inferior ones).

31/07/19

Razor: Fine Marvel
Blade: Supermax Blue Diamond Titanium (1)
Brush: Simpsons CH2 Synthetic
Soap: OSP Neroli Cream
Pre: Floïd Oil
ASB: Floïd
ASL: Floïd Vigaroso

Fotor_156460516118373.jpg

Today was my first time using an OSP product (thank you @RussellR5555 ). The brush and cream combination worked fantastically and it felt like I was shaving with butter (this is a good thing!). Poles apart from my VdH experience on Monday.

I chased a BBS finish today and got it. The SBDT blade partners very well with the Marvel. They seem to divide opinion but I think these blades are fantastic value for money. Sharp and comfortable. I also know some will be turned off by its zamak construction but I'm enjoying the Marvel. I'd recommend giving one a go if you get the chance.

Back
Top Bottom