SOTD : Saturday 27th - Friday 2nd August 2019

GkXugcw.jpg

Pre-Shave: Kiss my Face Olive Oil Soap, cold water
Razor: B&R Adjustable (2.5/1)
Blade: Voskhod (1)
Brush: Doug Korn D7 Turquoise
Lather: Stirling Bergamot Lavender
Post-Shave: Alum, Thayers Original Alcohol Free Witch Hazel, South Australian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil​

30/7/19

Soap - Vitos Red & Green
Brush - Omega 11819
Razor - Yaqi DOC
Blade - Treet Classic (2)
Post - Witch Hazel/Alum
Balm - Nivea Replenishing
AS - Benjamins Bay Rum

4th day with the Vitos and my lathers seem to improve with each day. I'm coming to appreciate from my user's experiences spending a little more time using a soap opposed to rotating them every day is seeming to improve my shaves. Even though the lather was very good today, I'm having some problems with the Omega brush, probably around 6-8 bristles lost today with a similar amount yesterday. I think of the 10 odd shaves I've had with the brush so far, with only on outing did it not lose any. A nice shave with the Treet Classic and Yaqi DOC, but I managed to pick up a weeper under my lower lip.

Tuesday 30th July

Pears Glycerine Soap
Tabac Shave Stick
Semogue 1800 Boar Brush
Univinlions Razor with a Proline-P
Witch Hazel
Dove Moisturiser
Tabac EDC

2 passes and a touch up for a perfect shave which will see me through my shift tonight.

I hope the weather is not too unkind to you. I am expecting the thunder storms to start when I go to bed this afternoon. With 3 dogs in the house......that should be fun!

30 July

Meißner Tremonia Dark Limes
Razorock Bruce
ATT Calypso SE1
Feather Professional
Proraso green asl

C69567E3-A322-4676-B218-B9B16FB43625.jpeg
A superb two pass shave with the ATT Calypso SE1 this morning...very close indeed. The Dark Limes and the Bruce produced a wonderfully protective lather to aid a comfortable experience.

Tue 30th July
Vulfix 404 mixed
Vitos Super Red
Occams V2 / No3 plate
Schick Proline [ 1 ]
Jaguar Prestige A/S Lotion

My server down yesterday just back on, must have been a big problem as off for 30hrs. Son was v.frustrated as had work to do at home.
Shaved with the Occams again, but the blade on 9th outing was below par, so the finish was poor.
Decided as no TV either, to while away time by doing a plate change on the Occams, one set screw rally stuck but after getting a decent Screw Driver all OK , so fitted a No3 Plate [ aggressive]
The Manufacture recommends the use of a Feather Pro -Guard blade, but I loaded a Schick Proline instead. Shave of Cheeks/Neck went well but felt harsh on the chin and got a weeper. I think a milder blade is a good idea.

IMG_0598.jpg

Last edited:
Sotd-30-7-19.jpg

Sotd - Tuesday the 30th of July -

Razor - Merkur 37c
blade - Aussie Spoiler (8)
brush - AP Shave - silksmoke
soap - De Vergulde Hand stick - vegetarian
post - witch hazel
a/s - Epsilon
balm - De Vergulde Hand.

Result - All good.

It appears to be shave stick season in the den. The DVH is another - apparently - humble looking soap - that works well for me - it takes a lot of water to lather - there is kaolin clay in the ingredients - so that probably accounts for that. Very slick - it doesn't smell of much - other than soap - vague citrus? Palmolive, La Toja, Lea or Vie Long to choose from next. Enjoy your shaves - I.

Back
Top Bottom