blade - Aussie Spoiler (9)
brush - AP Shave silksmoke
soap - Vie Long - stick - tallow
post - witch hazel
a/s - Floid mentally vigorous
balm - Floid
scent - Gotas Frescas cologne.

Result - perfecto.

We were somewhere around the edge of the den - when the shave sticks began to take hold. I remember saying something like 'I feel a bit lightheaded; maybe you should lather........?' Shave sticks - not just for the travel bag - up this evening - Vie Long - tallow - in my opinion - identical to the old formula Lea soap. Just re-branded. It worked really well tonight - a couple of days growth - enough to scrape a decent amount of soap directly onto the face - crayon style - face lather - I think I'm getting the hang of the AP Shave synth knot - more water - more water - more than you think feasible - particularly with a soap like this. Ice cream peaks in short order - nice. Software wise - keeping it old school Spanish for the finish - todo bueno. @culcreuch - B. - noticed your mention of a - new to me - version of Gotas - I'll look out for that. A great shave all round - enjoy yours - I.

Thursday SOTD

Truefitt & Hill No10
YaqI Tuxedo Marble Handle
Timeless .68 / Rockwell Handle
GSB (2)
Lynx Dark Temptation Aftershave

I tried the Timeless on a 6C handle and it seemed more manoeuvrable than with the long barber pole handle.
No10 cream always performs along with a pleasant scent.
Finished with Dark Temptation Aftershave .

6JG3ADz.jpg

Prep: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Saponificio Varesino Two-band High Mountain Manchurian White Badger
Soap: Saponificio Varesino Felce Aromatica
Razor: Wolfman WR1
Blade: NOS Gillette 'Swede' (3)
Post: Thursday Plantation Tea Tree & Witch Hazel, Musgo Real Aftershave Balm
Scent: Musgo Real Spiced Citrus

Delightful shave.

View attachment 46143

Sotd - Thursday the 1st of August

Razor - Merkur 37c
blade - Aussie Spoiler (9)
brush - AP Shave silksmoke
soap - Vie Long - stick - tallow
post - witch hazel
a/s - Floid mentally vigorous
balm - Floid
scent - Gotas Frescas cologne.

Result - perfecto.

We were somewhere around the edge of the den - when the shave sticks began to take hold. I remember saying something like 'I feel a bit lightheaded; maybe you should lather........?' Shave sticks - not just for the travel bag - up this evening - Vie Long - tallow - in my opinion - identical to the old formula Lea soap. Just re-branded. It worked really well tonight - a couple of days growth - enough to scrape a decent amount of soap directly onto the face - crayon style - face lather - I think I'm getting the hang of the AP Shave synth knot - more water - more water - more than you think feasible - particularly with a soap like this. Ice cream peaks in short order - nice. Software wise - keeping it old school Spanish for the finish - todo bueno. @culcreuch - B. - noticed your mention of a - new to me - version of Gotas - I'll look out for that. A great shave all round - enjoy yours - I.
Gonzo shaving...excellent, Iain!

Date:- 02 August 2019

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Brush:- Muhle Synth. v2.0 Silvertip Fibre Faux Horn 25/60mm knot
Soap/Cream:- The Club ~ Chasing the Dragon
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Razor/Blade:- Karve CB Brass 'B' / Polsilver Super Iridium #10
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Natural Glycerin (20), Tea Tree Antiseptic (10), Lavender (15) & Peppermint (10 drops)
Fragrance:- Hugo Boss Intense

The Club 'Chasing the Dragon' tallow soap is FANTASTIC, the performance level of the lather and quality of the soap is very high up, pretty much the same as Ariana & Evans, Barrister & Mann, Declaration Grooming, Noble Otter and the Wholly Kaw.

The scent straight from the tub I can grab from my nose which is:- coffee, pepper, something dark woody scent in the background, sandalwood, maybe rose, vanilla and possibly bourbon in the background.

Last edited:
Fri 2nd August.

RazoRock Syn. 24mm
De Vergulde Hand soap
ATT SE1
Schick Proline [ 2 ]
Jaguar Prestige A/S Lotion

Rather enjoyed the extra heft of the ATT after a series of shaves with the Skeletal Occams V2. Did not go for a real close Shave, settled for a quick passable "not going anywhere special " one. Going to be an odd weekend, wife off with her sister visiting Relatives/Friends - maybe sneak in a Curry out somewhere. Enjoy the Weekend Folks:)

IMG_0603.jpg

Last edited:
02/08/19
Pre shave Prep: Pears Lemon Flower
Brush: Simpson Chubby 2 Synthetic
Soap: TOBS Rose Cream 10ml Sample
Razor: Univinlions Kamisori Clone / Dart on subs bench
Blade: Kai Captain Pink (4) Voskhod (3)
Post shave: Alum Block, cold water splash, Homemade Bay Rum Witch Hazel
Balm: Bart's Bergamot & Vanilla Balm & Lotion
Aftershave: Copycat Tobacco & Vanilla

The 3 Amigos
3 amigos.jpg

Training Day
A very successful 2 pass shave with the SS Clone WTG and XTG leaving a very acceptable finish, No Nick cuts or scratches. I did not fancy trying a buffing pass with the Clone and as I had the Dart on the subs bench and lots of lovely very slick lather left (i finished off the sample) I completed a full ATG pass with the very efficient Dart leaving me BBS again.
Nothing at all from the Alum block and a great post shave routine with the Bart's Balm really helping the post shave feel, I matched the balm with the Copycat TV (1st time use) and it works, the hit of tobacco from the off is very strong then the Vanilla takes the edge away leaving a more subtle tobacco scent and a sweetish toffee scent I think. I hope it lasts as long as the copycat Neroli from yesterday as I was still getting the scent throughout the evening so a good 12 hrs + from that one.
So, a very good training exercise leaving me BBS, Soft supple and comfortable and smelling brilliant - very old school.
Have a great day All.

Friday 2nd August

Pears Glycerine Soap
C R Salter Wild Rose Shaving Cream
Omega S10083 Synthetic Brush
Turkish Copper Bowl
Ming Shi 2000S (3.5,4.5,5.5) with a Gillette/Wilkinson Blade
Palmer's for Men Moisturiser
Rose of Bulgaria AS
Al-Rehab Istanbul Rose EDP

No photo today for technical reasons.
3 passes for another face feeler.
For me...the weekend finishes today as I am on shift Saturday and then Sunday night.Hope everyone enjoys the weekend to come!

Last edited:
2/8/19

Brush - Omega 11819
Soap - Vitos Red & Green
Razor - Old Type
Blade - Treet Durasharp Yellow
Post - Witch Hazel
AS - Akcay Tobacco

A very smooth and comfortable shave with the blade and razor, but I struggle to get a close shave with the Old Type it just seems to be a touch too mild maybe as I'm not using the right angle. I might try sticking with the razor for a week and a sharper blade to see if I can improve my shaves with it at sometime, or I might just sell the razor!

Anyway chaps, week's almost over.....

Back
Top Bottom