Shave set up for the next seven days.

Prep ~ Valobra Glicerlanolina soap
Razor ~ Gillette Tech
Blade ~ NOS Personna Med Prep
Soap ~ Valobra Cologne
Brush ~ Semogue 2018 LE Badger
Post ~ Bart's ~ Lavender aftershave lotion
Scent ~ Guerlain Jicky EdP

After one month using MWF I am pleased to be using another soap, this one I will only be using for one week including the razor and blade. Only the brush will change.

Have a good day folks..........P.

SOTD : 1st August 2019.

4.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/ L'OREAL ~ Men Expert Birch Sap Shower Gel.

Pre:

warm wet flannel to my face.

Pears ~ Transparent Soap.

Brush: Omega S10065.

Bowl : Tesco's Ceramic UK 'Cosmo' Side Bowl.

Bowl Lather.

Soap: OSP ~Neroli.

Blade: Gillette Wilkinson sword (Saloon Pack) .(3)

Razor: Muhle R41. (2013)

Cold Water Face Rinse./Homemade menthol crystals +Eucalyptus peppermint,+ Tea Tree Oil Witch Hazel Mixture./ Geoffrey Beene ~ Grey Flannel ASL.

Creightons ~ Sensitive Post Shave Balm.

Greetings,

Another early morning shave.

Last outing of the gillette wilkinson sword blade, which paired togther with my muhle r41 superbly, mowing through my stubble effortlessly with the lightest of touch & no pressure...The Indian made w.s. saloon pack blades have excelled my shaves this week with it's sharp efficiency.I have a ten pack of Gillette Winner blades, which i've still yet to try, i'll be adding them to my blade rotation in my future shaves.

The OSP neroli soap i bought blind, going off the other soaps i've tried and the wonderful grapefruit & menthol cream performance, i'm so glad i did, equally superb to the others it provided me with a super protective lather throughout the shave leaving a excellent post shave feeling to my face.

The fragrance i describe, to my nose..which isn't the best, for describing a scent, is citrus, Bitter orange ,fresh floral,ideal for all the seasons of the year. I've mentioned before in my postings the scent of a shaving soap or cream isn't a great issue for me, the slickness glide, protection & post shave feel are,the OSP soaps and creams i've shaved have all performed with brilliance.. Besides, once i've done my final cold water face rinse i find most of the lingering fragrance from the shaving soap or cream has virtually gone. However, with the OSP Neroli it still has a lingering presence for sometime after.Superb shaving soap.

A comfortable 3 pass + pick ups bbs smooth shave with no errors to report.

Finishing to the shave off with a generous dollop of Creightons ~ Sensitive Post Shave Balm.

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling devine.
;)

Enjoy your day, ladies & gentlemen.
:cool:

Thur 1st August.

Jayaruh Syn. No67
Tabac
Occams V2- No3 plate
Kai CTM- Pink [ 2 ]
Tabac A/S Lotion

I am now using the Occams on a No3 plate [Aggressive ] with a Kai blade, as a milder blade is recommended for use with this plate. The Shave was very good, with lots of blade feel my stubble was very quickly removed. Apparently between Shaving strokes one is not supposed to slide the Razor sideways across the surface of your skin- it bites but quickly staunched. The use of a no3 plate really caters for those who like an aggressive Razor, whereas the No2 plate offers a more laid back experience.

Apart from shipping costs + Import/RM Ransom fees I am really pleased with my purchase of the Occams V2, it outperforms most of my other AC/SE Razors.

IMG_0602.jpg

Last edited:
1/8/19

Brush - Omega 11819
Soap - Vitos Red & Green
Razor - Wilko Classic
Blade - Gillette Silver Blue (8)
Post - Alum
Balm - Nivea Replenishing
AS - Benjamins Mentholated Bay Rum

Final shave with the GSB today, even though it still has petrol in the tank for sharpness it's lost it's smoothness, it felt rough and prickly. Nicked myself a few times, once out when the razor slipped the other time for applying too pressure when the razor passed over a small spot. Both instances were sealed with the alum block.

01/08/19
Pre shave prep: Pears Transparent Original
Brush: Simpson Chubby 2 Synthetic
Soap: 1912 magnum sample
Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Kai Captain (3)
Post shave: Alum Block, cold water splash, homemade Bay Rum Witch Hazel
Balm: Bart's Rosemary and Sandalwood Balm and Lotion
A/S: Copycat Neroli

Vector Chubb.JPG

A very nice 3 pass, no issues shave for a BBS finish. Smelling top dollar to boot.
The Magnum sample finished and it has definitely gone on my wish-list, i just have to get through the 20 odd i have on the go already.
We have cut our break short and are heading home.
Poor weather and a poorly dog.
Have a great day All

Thursday 1st August

Pears Glycerine Soap
T&H No 10 Shaving Cream
RazoRock BC Silvertip Plissoft Synthetic Brush
Giles Shaving Co Bowl
Ikon X3 on a Bulldog with a Gillette/Wilkinson Blade
Witch Hazel
Aloe Vera Gel
Gotas Frescas Agua de Colonia Concentrada Hombre

The Razor/Blade combination mowed down the 2 days heavy growth with ease.
This Spanish Cologne is a new discovery for me.....all the usual citrusy top notes....but the Hombre version has base notes of Vetiver and White Musk and I prefer it to the Original.

3 passes for a perfect Face Feeling Finish :)

Thursday evening

TOBS Cedarwood Cream
RazoRock Disrupter 22mm synth
Face lather
Gillette Fat Handle Tech (1948, England)
Polsilver SI #3
Thayer's Rose Petal and Aloe Vera
Proraso Sandalwood after shave

A lovely shave this evening. I hadn't used the TOBS cream for a while; and an almond sized drop in the middle of the brush made sufficient lather for 4-5 passes. Three was fine though; and the emollient qualities of the Proraso Sandalwood rounded things off nicely.

24A2FFCE-EB66-4921-B4C7-D3DCCCA0B00C.jpeg

Thursday, 1 August 2019 A slight change to usual workday shave/set up

PreShave: Warm to hot water, most from the boiled kettle some from the tap
Cream: Proraso Green
Brush: Kent BK8
Bowl: My recycled T&H cream bowl
Razor: The Sledgehammer (Merkur 39C)
Blade Astra Platinum (6)
Post Shave: Alum

Fragrance: None—work day

Picked up the Proraso a while ago, and though it was time to try it. Nice menthol and eucalyptus scent, but no chilling “afterfeel” as some have reported. I'll keep it in the rota.

Back
Top Bottom