SOTD : Saturday 26th June to Friday 2nd July 2021.

Good evening everyone

Soap - Signature Soaps Danum
Brush - Omega Boar
Razor - Yaqi adjustable 6,3,2
Blade - Tiger Platinum #1
Post - Barts Cinnamon and Patchouli
ASL - Barts Cinnamon and Patchouli

View attachment 72739
I’ve not used any of the above gear for a few months so I thought I’d give them a good run out.
Im really glad I did, lovely and smooth and smelling great.
Stay safe fellas!
Patchouli - always a great smell!!!

View attachment 72745

This afternoon -

razor - Mergress (3)
blade - Gillette yellow (1)
soap - Haslinger sheep - tallow
brush - Wee Scot - best badger - tortoiseshell
post - witch hazel
a/s - Laborator de Govanhill - 'Eau de who the fuck are you looking at?'
balm - Vifrex
scent - Hermes - d'orange verte edt.

It's been hot in Glasgow for the last few days - by our standards - you can take off your goretex and - perhaps - one of your fleece layers. Let's not get silly. We're not talking Danakil Depression, Empty Quarter hot - or indeed, Vancouver - but, warm none the less. Time to roll out the latest splash by Laborator de Govanhill - a cunning blend of Floid mentally vigorous and Arctic Glacial - this aftershave is ideally suited to a warm evening's street rumble. We at the Laborator de Govanhill recommend Vifrex or Proraso Green pre/post as the ideal accompaniment for full effect. If the warm weather lasts any longer - it will be time for the big guns - P&B Denali or MT Mint Ice Menthol soap and cold water.

Well done me - I managed to use a razor that was not made by ATT or Karve. How do you make a Merkur Progress better than it already is? Pimp it up - replace the adjustment knob (he said knob) with a metal equivalent - and re-calibrate the setting mechanism. Job done. If you are a fan of the Progress - then keep an eye out for one of these - they are quite rare - but in my opinion - they take a classic razor and make it even better. The balance is perfect. Most commonly seen on the sotd posts of @TomG. He knows his razors.

Enjoy shaving one and all - yours - I.

Oh - thanks to @Paul L and @Scotshave for help in product development with the Govanhill splash - even although the latter is from Edinburgh - ie - a bufty. ;):)
LdG Mentally Glacial - great stuff! Did you know that 50% of their profits is spent on snuff and premium whisky?

Hopefully summer supplies aren't affected as I heard their lead lab technician was last seen angrily chasing Scotland fans in Queen's Park.

Fri 2 SOTD
Soap Saponificio Varesino Opuntia
Brush Zenith 28mm Scrubby B14 Boar
Razor Fatip OC Slant
Blade Tiger Platinum 2nd
Post & Aftershaves Ice Water + Stirling Witchhazel MitA + Hyaluronic + TGS Abysso
A very beautiful scent from this soap! The lather is very good too, creamy and slick!
Shave with razor paired with the blade was good, reasonably smooth, and comfortable in 3passes for a bbs/dfs finish without any issues. Aftershaves were awesome and somehow matching.
20210702_125908.jpg

Friday 07.02.21 SOTD

TzAe5Sn.png

ATT Calypso "Blue" H2 Baseplate
Heritage Ever-Ready 26mm Maggard SHD Fan
Zingari Man The Watchman Shave Soap & AS

SOTD 02-July
DSC01640.JPG
Prep: Warm shower and PAA Cube
Brush: PAA Peregrino
Soap: OSP Business Time
Razor: Tedalus Essence (4)
Blade: Feather Pro Guard (4)

Another great shave today, assisted very well by OSP. Just received the delivery yesterday and couldn't wait to try it out, sadly willing your hair to grow faster doesn't work otherwise I'd go again. The scent is fantastic and without a shadow of a doubt this will end up in my routine rotation!

Hope everyone has a great day and the weekend starts off well!

Cheers

Marc

Last edited:
211897611_239814647670426_2230459792587825936_n.jpg
Prep: Shower, Palmolive Olive Oil Soap
Soap: Executive Shaving Bay Rum Cream
Brush: 24mm Yaqi Sagrada Familia Tuxedo
Razor: Merkur 34C HD
Blade: Gillette Super Blue (2)

Stone cold classic today.The only surprise was the Baxter's. After previously picking up little menthol scent or effect from this balm, it came into its own following the Benjamins, and gave a brilliant fresh,chilly finish.

Last edited:
This morning I had a pre-wash with my usual Lime Glyce soap and used a Gillette Nacet blade, followed up with a chilled water rinse and alum rub. However, the shave itself was so great, I have decided to keep the key ingredients - shaving soap and razor - a secret:cool::cool:. Here's piccy...sorry but that's the closest you'll get to my secret formula! :);)(y)
TabacReflect2.jpg

20210702_093820.jpg20210701_182414.jpg
SOTD 2nd July
Pre - PAA Cube
Brush - Yaqi Butterscotch 22mm Cashmere
Soap - TDS Rose
Razor - Supply V2 - Comfort plate
Blade - Supply injector #3
Post - Lea 0% lotion and Barts Balm Sandalwood & Rosemary

My first SOTD outing with my newly acquired Supply V2 Injector. The build quality is top class - weighty feel, easy to insert blades both via the injector and unscrew the grub screw and insert by hand.
The angle to the face is similar to the 1912's but the handle angle is completely different - it'll take time and concentration but judging by this first proper shave I'm looking forward to it. It's very nimble around the moustache area and with all my single edge razors is an absolute joy when going ATG.
Used the blade supplied by Supply but I've also got injector blades by Personna and Schick waiting in the wings.
3 passes for a very nice face feeler. Handle was easy to grip with no slippage even with wet hands and the ultra slick duo of the Cube and TDS soap. Barts Balm reminded me what a top class post shave product it is.
Stay safe people and enjoy your shaves

This morning I had a pre-wash with my usual Lime Glyce soap and used a Gillette Nacet blade, followed up with a chilled water rinse and alum rub. However, the shave itself was so great, I have decided to keep the key ingredients - shaving soap and razor - a secret:cool::cool:. Here's piccy...sorry but that's the closest you'll get to my secret formula! :);)(y)
View attachment 72765

Great photo. Love it

Prep: Shower with PAA menthol cube.

Pre: PAA menthol cube.

Soap: Stirling island man sample.

Brush: Omega #625 silver tip badger.

Razor: Futur clone

Blade: Bolzano Superinox DE Razor Blades

Post: Alum, Baxter’s aftershave balm Proraso green aftershave.
I’m on the verge of giving up on the menthol cube, it gives great results but overwhelms this great soap and others I’ve had. That said this new blade and razor combination, has given me a great shave hence the Futur clone is my go to to try new blades with.

Attachments

• 8DCEB636-D4F6-4C97-80A5-68A4D1D23CEB.jpeg
    8DCEB636-D4F6-4C97-80A5-68A4D1D23CEB.jpeg
    61.7 KB · Views: 2
View attachment 72765
Anyone know where I can buy Cabat Lanigiro soap from? @Greybeard says it's ace..... :unsure: :ROFLMAO:TabacReflect2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom