SOTD : Saturday 26th June to Friday 2nd July 2021.

SOTD : 26th June 2021.

121.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/ Asda Tingly Mint & Tea Tree Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face & head.
Pears Transparent Bar Soap. + Nuage Menthol shaving Oil.
Brush: Anbbas 24mm Synthetic.
Bowl Lather.
Bowl: Tesco's Ceramic 'Cosmo' Side Bowl.
Face: wtg, xtg, atg,+ pick ups.
Head: wtg, atg,atg, + pick ups.
Lather: Williams Mug Shaving Soap.
Razor: Gillette Guard. (D1)

Cold water face & head wash with brush squeezings, Cold Water Face & Head Rinse./Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.3 Menthol Crystals + 3 Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel.//Williams Aqua Velva ASL. (Spanish Version)/Creightons Sensitive Post Shave Balm.

Gillette Razor Week.

Greetings,

(Face & Head Shave.)

A new shave set up to start the weekend...It's been a while since i last used the Gillette guard... I have mentioned before i do a full head shave once a month after my weekly 'no guard' buzzcut with my wahl hair clippers.

When i first started to fully shave my head and before i had the confidence to shave with a DE or SE razor my razor of choice was the Gillette guard which are made in India for the subcontinent market.

It's the only cartridge razor i still occasionally use normally for shaving the back of my neck pick ups or a quick no fuss shave...My first maiden shave with it felt like i was shaving with a potato peeler due to it's tilting head, but what i really like about is it doesn't clog up due to it been open comb and having a large blade gap, one of the few if any open comb single edge cartridge razors on the market. It's excellent for tight spots and problem areas. My only crits are because the razor is made of plastic which isn't eco-friendly or recyclable and it's very light making it 'Top heavy' but that's expected considering what it costs to make you're not going to get a shave from it like a DE or a SE razor granted, but for what it is, the overall shave performance from this one-blade cartridge razor is totally acceptable and easily to adjust to when shaving with it.

I can get 3-4 combined face & head shaves from one cartridge/head, which i consider excellent value. Head shaving is how i test a blade for it's efficiency... It's an ideal travel razor, or when your in need of "a quick can't be arsed no fuss presentable face or head shave"...What more is needed i ask.

A comfortable presentable face & head shave with no errors to report...Finishing the shave off with a small dollop of Creightons Sensitive Post Shave Balm.

My face & precious swede are feeling smooth & smelling divine.;)

Stay safe, and enjoy the start of the weekend ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Sat 26 SOTD
Soap Van Yulay Puros La Habana
Brush Yaqi 26mm Moka Express
Razor Gillette Fatboy F4 @Set-9
Blade Treet Platinum 2nd
Post & Aftershaves Ice Water + Stirling Witchhazel Orange Chill + Hyaluronic + RR Puros
Very aromatic direct cigarish scent from the soap! No sweetness at all... lather performance acceptable...
Shave with this excellent adjustable vintage razor @set 9 paired with this blade which I thought not so good turns out to be enjoyable, smooth, and comfortable in 3passes for a mostly bbs finish but with a micro weeper. It's always interesting how blades behave in different razors or conditions. Aftershaves were very nice.
20210626_075711.jpg

Pre-shave:- Cold Shower
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- Semogue SOC 2 Band Finest Badger in Taj Resin 24/53mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Noble Otter ~ Two Kings
Razor/Blade:- Merkur 34G / Gillette Minora Stainless #8
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Invite E High Potency Pure Oil (10 drops), Natural Plant Glycerin (20) & Tea Tree Oil Antiseptic (5)

An early morning shave thematically named 'Signature Soap and the shiny silver shave'

IMG_20210625_202317.jpg

Get your kit off - R89 on Razorock titanium handle
Let's get naked - Gillette 7 O'Clock
Let it all hang out - Alpha Wickhams Artic
Take me dancing naked in the rain - Signature Soaps Londinium
Stripped - Signature Soaps Londinium splash

One of those SOTD photos where loitering naked while taking the shot could result in an embarrassing moment.

ane4x1m3z4h41.jpg

Nakedness aside, after working the early hours it was time to relax in to my week off and what could be a better way to start it all than a shave.

Reach for the 89, reach for the Londinium, reach for the Alpha and reach for the sky.

A great start to the weekend and feeling all set up and ready to go. And then I went to bed as just too tired.

But do have wonderful weekends, yourselves, your families and friends and do have some Japanese girls to start it all.

Last edited:
Today's shave:

rdt210626cskg4.jpg

- Tallow + Steel Cognac
- Nightdivers Bruyere SHD 2-Band
- Mühle CC with NoName handle and ASP blade
- Proraso red aftershave

:)

206356678_293121449216852_1335488757896295380_n.jpg
Prep: Shower, Palmolive Olive Oil Soap
Soap: Mogno
Brush: Yaqi Aqua Beaux Silvertip Premium synthetic
Razor: 60's Gillette Tech
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue(3)

No nonsense whip around before preparations begin for this afternoon's epic encounter. 3 and out for the GSB. I think I'll rest the Tech for a bit and head back to the Merkur and run the recent blade acquisitions through it
Have a great weekend guys - I intend to, win or lose this afternoon :giggle:
Euro 2016 Yes GIF

Last edited:
26/06/21
Pre: Pears Transparent Original Cold water Face wash
Brush: Semogue SOC TAJ Boar
Soap: OSP Spirits
Razor: Blackland Blackbird Brass
Blade:- Rapira Cyhepctajib (Super stainless) (4)
Post shave: Cold water Rinse, TC's infused Witch Hazel
Balm: TC's Vetiver & Clary Sage infused Argan Oil Balm
Aftershave: Pinaud Whisky Woods
P6260006.JPG

Back
Top Bottom