SOTD : Saturday 26th June to Friday 2nd July 2021.

Prep: quick lukewarm shower.

Soap: Glacial Mageritas in the Artic
Brush: Yaqi Lucky Dice
Razor: Leaf Twig Aggressive
Blade: Derby Black SE
ASB: Stirling Glacial Unscented

A busy week has predicated a five day hiatus from shaving. Very short of time today so just two passes and the whole face was taken care of. Will deal with the head tomorrow.

Subbing out the mentholated witch hazel for the ordinary stuff has made a world a difference post shave. Taking it from frost bite to pleasant cooling sensation.

Take care of yourselves.

Last edited:
I should add great album ( have it on vinyl) ….Floodland.
I had it on vinyl too, until I sold my full vinyl collection... Worst thing I ever done.. At the time I desperately needed the money, 'needs must.. I still regret it to this day.. However, I did keep some rare stuff which I past on to friends, who still have and listen to.

You can't beat the old vinyl recordings, especially the 70's 80's stuff. The modern recorded vinyl, which I've heard doesn't interest me, it's a cash cow for the music industry vultures IMHO.... Maybe it's just me, but it just doesn't sound like how it should sound probably because everything is digital now, trying to make it sound analog which is artificial. CD's are excellent.. But you can't beat LP's & Singles for sound and vision. Yours-Barry.

Last edited:
SoTd
A bit of a later one today..had a long day so this shave was much appreciated, a glorious lather from the SV as usual it’s almost like silk paired with the little Boker 5/8 smoked acrylic with Pearl tang I’ve been enjoying lately.. now feeling super smooth and refreshed ready to relax for the rest of the evening 2D6C1219-AD3C-4CA9-92D0-FF6EA864900A.jpeg

Friday 2nd July

AM-JKLXE2godWjYyZqYtZ32Vb1AP4Q344WjbofSsqPu8wsl_yHs5aHNwqwBM-PQT1c6gluWHkuDYlw8ewuopTLYAzTcRExPioxGMXYmqjIsU6levP1j7j_7pwD0CSGuH0Fk4VYhQ9MfWhhSU1kwiJboNaFxc3A=w1200

Ganders Goat Soap w/Hop, Sage & Birch
Wickham 1912 Club Cola Shaving Soap
Yaqi Cola w/Synthetic 24mm
Muhle Rocca R95
Personna TOMY (1)
Brut Musk Aftershave

I think I used one of these blades when first coming to traditional ahaving, albeit unwittingly with the purchase of a pack of Tesco or Asda own brand. It was with some trepidation, I must say, as I find the Personna Med/Lab Blues to be frightful blades but also with some hope as I rate the Personna Platinum Chrome very highly, particularly the German made.

Not especially sharp, but certainly a smooth shave. Single pass with a few touch-ups to fill in. Yeah, not a bad shave, that ...

Good splash of Brut's best flanker to finish.

Enjoy your weekend, folks!

I had it on vinyl too, until I sold my full vinyl collection... Worst thing I ever done.. At the time I desperately needed the money, 'needs must.. I still regret it to this day.. However, I did keep some rare stuff which I past on to friends, who still have and listen to.

You can't beat the old vinyl recordings, especially the 70's 80's stuff. The modern recorded vinyl, which I've heard doesn't interest me, it's a cash cow for the music industry vultures IMHO.... Maybe it's just me, but it just doesn't sound like how it should sound probably because everything is digital now, trying to make it sound analog which is artificial. CD's are excellent.. But you can't beat LP's & Singles for sound and vision. Yours-Barry.
There is a definite natural warmth to original vinyl..sounds more natural if you get me and playing on good separates cannot be beaten.

Back
Top Bottom