SOTD : Saturday 26th February-Friday 4th March 2022.

SOTD : 3rd March 2022.

t.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Asda Sea Salt & Fennel Extract 2 in1 Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Simple Pure Bar Soap.
Brush: Lider Turkish Boar.
Face Lather.
Lather: Derby Soap Bowl.
Blade: Ted Pella PTFE SS. (D9)
Razor: Gem Featherweight.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face Rinse. /Homemade (~Autumn/Winter mix~) peppermint lavender, eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./Arko Comfort AS-Cologne+ASB.

Greetings,

Early Morning Shave,

Last out of the Ted Pella PTFE SS. This remarkable blade still feels smooth, but I'm going to retire it as 9 shaves from one blade is more than sufficient for me....What more can i ask for?

Another wonderful performance from the humble Derby shaving soap which always provides a slick acceptable lather.

Finishing my shaving week off in style with the Gem Featherweight which performed wonderfully cutting through my stubble effortlessly.

A Enjoyable 2 pass + pick ups close comfortable shave with no errors to report...Finishing the shave off with a small dollop of Arko Comfort ASB.

My face is feeling smooth cool, & smelling divine. ;)

Keep safe, and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen. :cool:

Last edited:
274949629_341392014576376_8662421454488742524_n.jpg
Prep: Shower, Palmolive Olive Oil Soap
Soap: Extro Cosmesi Barocco
Brush: Yaqi 24mm Chianti Tuxedo
Razor: Merkur 34C HD
Blade: Gillette Nacet (1)

The Nacet's a nice blade, but it does feel less "refined" than some other Gillettes. Probably psychosomatic, or am I confusing initial sharpness with a rougher first shave? Anyway, nice finish from a dab of the balm, and the Barocco scent remains, which was the main exercise today.

SOTD 03-Mar
20220302_101756.jpg
Brush: C&H 'Braizier'
Soap: NO Lonestar
Razor: Rex Ambasador (3-1)
Blade: Nacet (1)

Shave was almost unnecessary this morning after the MMOC yesterday but habits die hard. So on to an easy low setting 2 pass with the Rex, nice finish paired with the nacets. Haven't used them all that frequently favouring GSBs normally but I've got a small stash so thought why not.

New brush is excellent, nice fit in the hand, holds plenty and releases freely, I would say that's it for me with brushes but I say that time and time again...we'll see!

Hope everyone has a grand day!

Cheers

Marc

Pre: Shower then Unscented Cube

Soap: B+M Seville

Brush: Simpson S1 18mm Pure Badger

Razor: R6S #3

Blade: Tiger Platinum #2

Post Shave: Alum block - B+M Seville splash and EdT

DE Shave #109

First use of the Seville Omnibus base and I couldn't tell the difference from the old base (Excelsior?) Also first use of a new brush and as it's my birthday a couple of squirts of EdT to finish. Wonderful.

IMG_0463.JPG

Last edited:

DE Shave #109

First use of the Seville Omnibus base and I couldn't tell the difference from the old base (Excelsior?) Also first use of a new brush and as it's my birthday a couple of squirts of EdT to finish. Wonderful.

View attachment 85055
Happy birthday

DE Shave #109

View attachment 85055

Happy Birthday.

DE Shave #109

View attachment 85055
Happy Birthday mate hope you have a great day
All the very best(y)

03/03/22
Pre - Shower
Brush - Yaqi Sagrada Familia 24mm
Soap - OSP Old Gold
Razor - Blackland Dart
Blade - Voskhod Teflon coated (2)
Post - Cold water Rinse, TC's infused Witch Hazel
Balm - Barts Balm Tester F
A/S - Williams Aqua Velva Musk
Wk 09 (4).JPG
A very leisurely, targeted, 2 pass shave, WTG then a mixed pass with probably the most efficient and unforgiving razor i have, YMMV of course.
I was rewarded with a very Close BBS finish, nothing from the splash at all, i may just be getting the hang of this bad boy.
Happy Birthday @Badger410 , enjoy your day.
Stay safe and enjoy your day all.

Last edited:

DE Shave #109

View attachment 85055
Happy birthday!

DE Shave #109

View attachment 85055
Happy birthday mate. Nice choice of brush, I'm a big fan of the Special. It really shines for me when used with shaving sticks applied crayon-style. Deft and precise - generating abundant lather without it ending up everywhere other than your face. In my experience the knot will slacken out a bit with use. Enjoy - cheers - I.

The Gillette EFB Tech is a recent addition to my den. I can see why there is much love for the razor; the balance, build quality and size just feels right and it is a good shaver. Even though I think the Merkur style head was an improvement over the Gillette Tech head design and the Indian and Chinese Tech copies are often more efficient, the razor's build quality shines through. Suprisingly, I had to go through a few of them, to find one that had not been bashed.

EBAC46CF-5032-471E-A42E-FE24C2407944_1_201_a.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom