SOTD : Saturday 26th February-Friday 4th March 2022.

IMG_0577.jpg

After a couple of recent shaves with more “efficient” razors, I reverted to an equally efficient but less aggressive razor, the Feather ASD2. It takes a little more work on the neck, my most stubborn area, than fiercer razors but elsewhere it’s just as good. Using a new Feather blade may well play some part in that equation.

The MDC Agrumes is a delight although I am beginning to wonder if I should soon transfer the soap into a container with a wider aperture, as the Milk Churn is beginning to struggle to get down to the soap without splaying.

As usual the soap, with the Castle Forbes Lime Balm & Trumper’s Lime Cologne mean I smell like a lemon. This is better than usual ;)

Stay safe and enjoy your shaves.

Razor: Feather ASD2
Blade: Feather (1)
Soap: Martin de Candre Agrumes
Brush: Simpson’s Milk Churn BB
Pre-shave: Bloom water
Post-shave: Castle Forbes Lime Balm & Trumper’s Lime Cologne
Bowl: Face lather

02/03/22
Pre - Shower
Brush - Vintage Butterscotch Culmak Plus 1950
Soap - OSP Sandalwood
Razor - Ever ready 1924 shovel head
Blade - GEM PTFE S/S (5)
Post - Cold water Rinse, TC's infused Witch Hazel
Balm - Proraso Red
A/S - OSP Sandalwood
Wk 09 (3).JPG
A nice enough shave with what i feel is the most aggressive/efficient GEM style razor i have, including the MicroMatic's.
A fine face lather using the vintage brush with one of the best Sandalwood scents i have used.
2 Passes for a DFS finish, no need to push it with this vintage lady.
Stay safe and enjoy your day.

Last edited:
Wednesday:

Recent acquisition from @Rohleder on BST, Gillette Old type fitted with a Blue blade - genuine stainless steel according to the tuck.

Droid and Floid combo is just great.

2.5 passes - too many pick ups to not call it half a pass.

Considering I'm not really a fan of OC razors (I got it so that I have an 'old type'), this was a very enjoyable shave.

I could feel the comb and the handle knurling is a tad fine for my fat fingers, but remembering this razor is over a hundred years old, they were pretty darned close back when my late grandad was still a swimmer in great grandad's nut sack!

With that thought, I'll leave you all to your day! Please enjoy it.

Attachments

• IMG_20220302_081859__01.jpg
    IMG_20220302_081859__01.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 6
Wednesday AM 2022-03-02
Movie 'King Kong' premiered on this date in 1933, NYC
zguBWCX.jpg

Rooney Emillion 2 Tiger Stripe Finest (24/53)
Floris No. 89 shaving cream
Wilkinson Bonded System (1)
Floris No. 89 aftershave (vintage)

I love the old Floris No. 89 stuff. Supposedly Ian Fleming's and Bond's favorite. And appropriately, I listened to some of John Williams' great film score music on public radio while shaving this morning.
FZVw29F.jpg

Razor = Merkur Progress 500 Long Handle
Blade = Polsilver. ( 3 ) Polish
Brush = Shavemac 24mm 3 Band Beehive
Soap = P&B Right Handed Giant
Splash = Nivea 2 Phase
Balm = Baxter Of California
67F7C4E8-B20A-4A62-8318-553B6E82F07A.jpeg
Well Lads My Tribute to the BST
Everything i used today was from the BST so a big thank you to all who sell all who buy & TSR for allowing this wonderful place.

The Razor arrived today and i like it a lot.
I basically have to many Razors and iv slowed down recently
well i have in some aspects lol
who am i trying to convince.
Anyway the progress for the last 3 years has been on my radar,
it was one of them will i or won’t i & i decided against it until it came up on the BST.
the Soap was also a first for me and actually a first with Phoenix & Beau and i have to say i was impressed,
A lovely scented soap which is homage to Brut,
A lovely tradition scent.
The Blade was a third use & its last for me although i reckon it’s got a few shaves in it yet but 3 & im done.
Overall a 8/10 for the shave,
it would have been a 9 or 10 but i had two small weepers, something i seem to be getting unusually regular
Thank You BST for this wonderful shave
Stay Safe Lads

6326E315-775C-4167-9D3E-D77E4EC04872.jpeg
SOTD: 02/03/2022

Razor: Tatara Masamune
Blade: Viking Sword, 1st use
Brush: ZENITH Unbleached bristle chrome handle 2000 C XSE
Bowl: Captains Choice Copper Lather Bowl Standard Bowl
Preshave: PAA Cube Unscented Soap
Soap: PAA Future Fiction
Aftershave: PAA Future Fiction Cologne
Balm: Baxter Of California Aftershave Balm
Additional Care: Osma Laboratoires Alum Block

I went with the same soap and splash today, then splash is amazing but lacking in longevity as I used more today with only a marginal improvement. The Zenith actually was slightly less of a lather hog this morning and produced and excellent lather better than yesterday, the Masamune was also an improvement shave over the Excalibur. I still love this soap, but may have to invest in an order from PAA down the line to try other items in the range.

Thu 3 SOTD
Soap Yaqi Musketeer Rapier
Brush Yaqi 24mm Cavern Lake 2 Band Badger
Razor Joseph Elliott 13/16 "Fine India Steel" Wedge
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel MitA + Yaqi Musketeer Rapier Splash
New soap...and it was very nice! The lather is thick, creamy with good enough slickness from just a little and the scent is really good, like some expensive perfume...so says my wife!
The shave with this newly acquired antique razor was reasonably(y)! I was surprised by how long is the edge during stropping, it's more than 3in. Would like to put the edge through the pasted balsa progression but am unsure how since it's a wedge. Let's see how it goes. Managed a quick 3passes without any issues for a mostly ccs to dfs result. The matching aftershave was terrific!
20220303_103249.jpg

Back
Top Bottom