SOTD : Saturday 26th February-Friday 4th March 2022.

Pre: Shower then Unscented Cube

Soap: B+M Seville

Brush: Simpson S1 18mm Pure Badger

Razor: R6S #3

Blade: Tiger Platinum #2

Post Shave: Alum block - B+M Seville splash and EdT

DE Shave #109

First use of the Seville Omnibus base and I couldn't tell the difference from the old base (Excelsior?) Also first use of a new brush and as it's my birthday a couple of squirts of EdT to finish. Wonderful.

View attachment 85055
Happy Birthday Reaction GIF

Prep: Face wash with Nivea face wash
Pre: None
Razor: Gillette Fatboy (3)
Blade: Yellow 7 o'clock (3)
Brush: Razorock Barber 24mm
S Soap: Clubman Pinaud

March will see the run of Gillette Fatboy - a well regarded razor in the shaving world. My first acquisition in terms of vintage razors. Not a purchase but rather a swap with a fine member here last year. Back then I had only one shave with it and that was enough for me to want it restored to its former glory. Did I overspend with this?...wouldn't be the first time. Had it fully serviced and replated in Rhodium by Razor Emporium. It just looks stunning. Had it delivered last year in July and ever since it's patiently waiting its turn.

How was the shave? I kept it to setting 3 as I did last year when I first tried it and it resulted in a lovely smooth efficient shave. I will of course dial things up and down but on 3 it just seems to suit me perfectly. I am truly amazed on how good this razor is.

The Clubman offers a no thrills perfectly acceptable shaving experience. A subtle scent from an easy to obtain lather. Shame the pot is so small making loading a tad more difficult.

Picture inspired from one of @Digimonkey SOTDs so credit goes to him for composition.

SOTD.jpg

Sotd-03-03-22.png
This afternoon -

Cobra Classic
Proshave (4)
Frank Shaving two-band
PAA Harvest Moon
cold water,witch hazel
Nivea Sensitive moisturiser
Essence Vault 300 (Creed - SMW)

'It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a Cobra, must be in want of alum.' - Jane Austin. :)

Cheers - I.

DE Shave #109

First use of the Seville Omnibus base and I couldn't tell the difference from the old base (Excelsior?) Also first use of a new brush and as it's my birthday a couple of squirts of EdT to finish. Wonderful.

View attachment 85055
Happy Birthday to you Sir.

20220303_115103.jpg
SOTD 3rd Mar
Pre - PAA Cube
Soap - P&B Spitfire
Brush - Yaqi Giotto 24mm
Razor - Ever Ready 1914
Blade - Gem Personna SSC #4
Post - P&B Spitfire balm

Time spent building the lather and concentrating on the nearly flat to face shaving angle resulted in a fantastic 3 passes. And this is from my least favourite of the Gem style razors in my Den. That'll teach me for doubting you little 1914.
Spitfire is a fantastic scent and the lather quality was top notch. The balm smells even better.
Take care all and enjoy your shaves

SOTD 02-Mar
View attachment 85000
Brush: Chubby 2 Manchurian
Soap: DG Daemon
Razor: MMOC
Blade: GEM PTFE (12)

Good shave this morning, the Chubby seems to be doing a bit better, perhaps the break in period is a bit longer than I'm used to, or perhaps I was being a bit precious though I doubt it being a bit of a masher.

MMOC making short work of the growth as usual, glad I picked one of these up. All finished off with the nice smelling daemon splash, brilliant.

Smooth and ready for the day ahead, hope everyone has a cracking day!

Cheers

Marc
A beautiful instrumental use of light Marc :love:

Thursday AM 2022-03-03
Alexander Graham Bell birthdate in 1847
qN6PHYi.jpg

Rooney 1/2 Ebony Finest (24/57)
Brooks Brothers shaving soap (tallow)
Wilkinson Bonded System (2)
Ginger's Garden Ginger Blossom aftershave

Another excellent shave. However, the old triple milled soap is getting to be difficult to lather up, for some reason, so I am going to have to grate it and pack it back into the bowl.
8uw44kY.jpg

A shave themed 'Happiness is a shave called Eric'

20220302_220012.jpg

Eric the razor - Tatara Nodachi
Eric the blade - Polsilver Lodz
Eric the brush - Steven Jagger 30mm Cashmere
Eric the soap - Abbate Y Mantia Matteo
Henry the scent - Abbate Y Mantia Krokos Cologne

Get to the back Henry. There is always one happless sod who wants to piss on the party.

'It's for our Eric. To keep his cock warm'

Swedes, Turnips, carrots, sprouts, whatever. One super smooth shave to heavenly perfection.

And as a special you can have a whole 14 minutes of that Midori lady. Just gets worse.

DE Shave #109

View attachment 85055
Happy birthday

DE Shave #109

View attachment 85055

Happy birthday :)

DE Shave #109

View attachment 85055
Happy Birthday and many happy returns

AABD782D-046D-4FDD-BEF3-59D6191157F9.jpeg
SOTD: 03/03/2022

Razor: Gillette Tech
Blade: Sputnik Blade, 2nd use
Brush: Omega #625 silver tip badger
Bowl: Captains Choice Copper Lather Bowl Standard Bowl
Preshave: PAA Cube Unscented Soap
Soap: A&E Barbiere Sofisticato Croap
Aftershave: A&E Barbiere Sofisticato Aftershave
Balm: L’Oréal All In 1 Moisturising Cream Balm
Additional Care: Osma Laboratoires Alum Block

Possibly one of my favourite and longest lasting scents with this soap and splash set, but never overpowering. The Tech was as smooth as ever. Just a great shave from start to finish.

Back
Top Bottom