SOTD: Saturday 25th September - Friday 1st October 2021.

Birthday #48 shave
Mitchell's Wool Fat Soap (gift from mother-in-law)
Yaqui sagrada
ATT S1/Astra blue
Alum
Old spice

Very pleased with the Mitchell's soap (face lathering)... it's like spreading butter... No real need for me to look any further soap-wise (but of course I will).
And the Old Spice AS gives to my skin the vintage smell that, given its age, it's bound to have!
Cheers to all
Marcello
Happy birthday. :)

PreShave: Shower then Cube

Soap: TOBS Lavender

Brush: Cheap Badger

Razor: Feather AS D2

Blade: Feather #2

Post Shave: Alum stick then Aveeno skin relief moisturising lotion

DE Shave #12

Second shave with this Razor.

Before I had completed the first pass my skin was feeling sore, I think I may have reacted to the Badger.:(
No new nicks but a couple of weepers from yesterdays nicks.
A very close but unpleasant shave.

Birthday #48 shave
Yaqui sagrada
ATT S1/Astra blue
Alum
Old spice

Very pleased with the Mitchell's soap (face lathering)... it's like spreading butter... No real need for me to look any further soap-wise (but of course I will).
And the Old Spice AS gives to my skin the vintage smell that, given its age, it's bound to have!
Cheers to all
Marcello
Happy birthday @mrasparini have a good one

Birthday #48 shave
Yaqui sagrada
ATT S1/Astra blue
Alum
Old spice

Cheers to all
Marcello
Happy Birthday

Sotd-28-09-21.jpg
This afternoon -

razor - Blackland Vector (loaner thanks to @Paul L )
blade - Proline P30 (1)
brush - Simpson P8 Phyl best
soap - PAA - Harvest Moon
post - witch hazel
a/s - Brut original
balm - BBA
scent - Hermes D'Orange Verte.

I'll reserve fuller comment until I've used the Vector a bit more but, straight out the box, the first shave was very, very impressive. Loading the blade was a bit of a laugh - if there was a wrong way round/upside down combination of the plates I found it before the correct one. :) - cheers - I.

Birthday #48 shave
Yaqui sagrada
ATT S1/Astra blue
Alum
Old spice

Cheers to all
Marcello
Happy Birthday, sir!

Birthday #48 shave
Yaqui sagrada
ATT S1/Astra blue
Alum
Old spice

Cheers to all
Marcello
Happy birthday chap!

Happy Birthday Marcello, have a good one
Happy Birthday Girl GIF

Last edited:
Birthday #48 shave
Yaqui sagrada
ATT S1/Astra blue
Alum
Old spice

Cheers to all
Marcello
Happy Birthday Sir

Todays Cold Water Shave Kit - Tuesday 28th September 2021

Shave Score 9.80

PreShave: Hot Shower \ PAA The Cube 2.0 "Menthol" \ Tabac Shower Gel
PreShave: PAA The Cube 2.0 "Non-Menthol"
Soap: Stirling Soap Co. Black Cherry
Brush: Yaqi 26mm - Timber Wolf
Razor: Karve Aluminium (C)
Blade: Gillette Nacet (2)
Post Shave ASL: Floid Orignal
Post Shave Balm: LEA 3 in 1
Post Shave Cologne/EDT:

Have a good week all :)

Joe

E5319062-5E28-40D7-8C18-BE1AD350CC90.jpeg

Birthday #48 shave
Yaqui sagrada
ATT S1/Astra blue
Alum
Old spice

Cheers to all
Marcello
Belated Birthday Greetings...
Celebrate Happy Birthday GIF by Cameo

Early evening head shave.
IMG_20210928_181432.jpg
Ever-Ready 1912 (UK)
Personna GEM
Razorock Big Bruce
Palmolive Rinfrescante (menthol)
Figaro aftershave (tobacco/oud)
Bart's Ben More (bergamot/vanilla)

2nd shave with this blade/razor and, if anything, better than the first. The blade seemed a touch smoother. Great 3 pass shave, minimal feedback from alum block and no creatures were harmed during this shave.
I might risk the blade for a 3rd use on Friday, but that's 2x 4-day growth shaves completed so I'll have another combination ready!

Birthday #48 shave
Yaqui sagrada
ATT S1/Astra blue
Alum
Old spice

Cheers to all
Marcello
Happy Birthday

Back
Top Bottom