SOTD : Saturday 25 June - Friday 1 July. 2022.

Tuesday 28th June

Soap • Noble Otter Monarch
Brush • Yaqi Ocean 30mm Synthetic
Razor • Timeless 0.68 SS Scalloped
Blade • Derby Extra (1)
Post • Pinaud Clubman Aftershave

Re-visited a blade that I hadn't used for some years - The much discussed Derby Extra, kindly sent as an extra gift in a BST purchase.
I can attest that there is nothing whatsoever wrong with these blades - given that you know how to use a DE razor and your lather is good.
This Noble Otter soap has been a pleasure to use, and it won't last very much longer, especially if I use a 30mm brush to load.

SOTD 29-June
Brush: C&H 'Finned' V14
Soap: NO Firefighter
Razor: Gillette Slim (6)
Blade: GSB (1)

No pic today, had lined up the vector but thanks to the very kind and generous @Digimonkey I'm giving the slim another bash before return.

Nice and easy two pass, WTG/ATG. Very smooth shave, I think 6/7 is probably my sweet point for this razor as a daily but it's nice to know if I decided to skip a day or two then a simple twist up a couple of notches would still be more than capable.

Very smooth finish with no irritation, I'm going on the hunt now!

Hope everyone has a cracking day!

Cheers

Marc

SOTD 53.jpg

Soap – TOBS Grapefruit cream
Brush – Zenith BP / Boti Pro 3 band
Razor – Merkur Progress ( #3 / #2 )
Blade – Shark Platinum
A/S – Epsilon BM
Balm – Lea 3in1

Not the best blade pairing I've had in the Progress but still a very nice result and a healthy dose of Epsilon BM always helps to quickly erase any negatives from a shave.

Enjoy your day and enjoy your shaves.

Wednesday

I used the black handled M2 flare tip loaded with one of the M2 blades (thanks for putting my mind at rest @Mike Smart, I went for it).

P&B interlinked was great, but the star of the show has to be the razor and blade. Wow! Fantastic shave, super, super smooth and totally BBS.

What a good start to my day, hope everyone else has similar.

Attachments

• IMG_20220629_081038__01.jpg
    IMG_20220629_081038__01.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 5
29/06/22
Pre - Pears Transparent Face Wash
Brush - Vintage Vulfix service #3 1950's
Soap - Proraso Green Eucalyptus & Menthol
Razor - Gillette Old 1925 repaired Handle
Blade - Astra SP Green
Post - Cold water Rinse, TC's infused Witch Hazel
Balm - Proraso Green
A/S - Proraso Green
Wk 26 (5).JPG
I seem to have hit some great form lately, no matter what i use i am getting great results. Same again today.
I have not used the Proraso Green for a long time, i enjoyed it even though it was never a favourite of mine.
Stay safe and enjoy your day All

Last edited:
Wednesday’s Shave

A0aUUKg.png

Timeless SLIM Edition OC / Nacet
Shore Custom 24mm Maggard 2-band Badger
Barrister and Mann Bay Rum Shaving Soap & Aftershave​

5B66A859-F76E-4FA2-9E72-729BBAC442BD.jpeg
SOTD: 29/06/2022

Razor: Above The Tie G1
Blade: Gem Blade, 2nd use
Brush: Yaqi Sagrada Familia
Bowl: Captains Choice Copper Lather Bowl Standard Bowl
Preshave: PAA Cube Unscented Soap
Soap: A&E Vida Puck
Aftershave: A&E Vida Aftershave
Balm: Bart’s Balm Sample Balm
Additional Care: Osma Laboratoires Alum Block

Super shave, it seems yesterdays blood letting was a one off, (well if you don’t count the bloody dog dragging me over flat on my chest/face this morning!) The A&E Vida lathers delightfully and smells great all day. The little Yaqi always a winner.
Enjoy your day guys.

Sotd-29-06-22.png

ATT Windsor Pro alu (on loan)
Treet DuraSharp carbon (2)
Frank Shaving two-band
Londinium
warm water, witch hazel
LPL Apricot.

Better but not by much. I thought actually having something worth shaving off might help - it did, but not by much. I don't know if ATT has changed the coating on their razors? This one wants to grab and not glide, constantly threatening to skip. Consequently I'm not comfortable and having to pay complete attention with every stroke. Which is not what I am used to - shaving is pretty much automatic/muscle-memory guided normally for me. In fairness I will try with a completely different type of blade to rule that aspect out. Sometimes you just don't get on with a razor. Cheers - I.

Back
Top Bottom