SOTD : Saturday 25 June - Friday 1 July. 2022.

View attachment 89866

ATT Windsor Pro alu (on loan)
Treet DuraSharp carbon (2)
Frank Shaving two-band
Londinium
warm water, witch hazel
LPL Apricot.

Better but not by much. I thought actually having something worth shaving off might help - it did, but not by much. I don't know if ATT has changed the coating on their razors? This one wants to grab and not glide, constantly threatening to skip. Consequently I'm not comfortable and having to pay complete attention with every stroke. Which is not what I am used to - shaving is pretty much automatic/muscle-memory guided normally for me. In fairness I will try with a completely different type of blade to rule that aspect out. Sometimes you just don't get on with a razor. Cheers - I.
I think a different blade will work wonders I. I was genuinely convinced you'd enjoy that razor.

EIxuoko.jpg

Prep: Country Life Tallow/Lanolin/Glycerin Soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: D.R. Harris H3 Best Badger
Cream: Geo. F. Trumper Sandalwood
Razor: Tatara Masamune Nodachi
Blade: NOS Iridium Super BN-84 (1)
Post: Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel, Barrister & Mann Terror Aftershave Lotion
Scent: Geo. F. Trumper Sandalwood EdC

The Nodachi is a revelation - blade feel is mild, but efficiency is anything but. This fine piece of engineering shaves you very close indeed.

A low key one today.
Wash with La Toja Magno and hot towel.
Semogue 820 with Ach Brito Lavanda out of a tube. I hid my toothbrush to make sure I didn't load that with Lavanda too!
Brand new Voskhod in my little ball end Tech.

You can't go far wrong with a Tech, and there was no blood or drama as you'd expect. Despite decent prep and only 24h growth it felt a tad rough. Not sure whether to blame the cream (first time I've used it) or the blade (previous experience with Voskhod has been better, but more likely to be blade than cream I think). Maybe it's me...
Anyway a few drops of Bio oil and some X-Bolt made it all comfy and smooth (weirdly I actually wanted X-Bolt today even though I don't like it and am just using it up. I just fancied something light, citrus but not as sweet as Álvarez Gómez AdC. I probably should have gone with Benjamin's blue Bay rum in hindsight).20220629_181440.jpg

Last edited:
Today's Tesco motivated shave themed 'Well at least it is shiny'

20220629_175127.jpg

Very shiny - Gillette King C
Not quite so shiny - Polsilver Lodz
Unshiny - Wee Whiskey Barrel
Dullery - Penhaligons Bayolea
Can a scent be shiny? - Penhaligons Bayolea
'Sod your cleanliness'

Go out to buy some hair wax and come back with some hair wax, and a cheap razor. A tenner bargain? Considering it cost me the best part of a Tatara to fill the car up, then a bargain. And it is exceptionally shiny and I do like a bit of glitz. Ask my wife when I wear one of her sequined dresses. And as a hint. If you must wear your wife's thongs, just get them the right way around. An 'Ooooh!' moment if ever.

The razor....

Seems constructed well enough and everything goes together in an acceptable way. I did read 'Very mild and so chose a blade which I know has a nice sharp edge to it being as the supplied is an unknown. A Lodz it was. I would have gone with a Feather but supplies are nil at the moment. On the 'get list' as by far the best blade in an 89 for me.

On the move the King C rather reminds me of a Timor I had in the early days more than it does 89's which have a bit more bite about them. Still, a very comfortable shave and quite the polar opposite to the Rocnel last night. Which in many ways was very welcome as the Rocnel shaves so damn close a following day shave can leave one a little raw. To this extent pretty perfect, and in this case delivered a smashing smooth shave. Very mild, yes, but very acceptable.

It may not set the shaving world on fire but I see it in the same light as an 89 in being a great way in to DE shaving which I suspect it is all about. In this sense a smashing entry level mild razor. And the world does need the likes of.

And it is shiny.

Happiness prevails and happiness continues with some more of those of the wonderful TsuShiMaMiRe. The more I hear these the more I need to get an album......

Last edited:
A low key one today.
Wash with La Toja Magno and hot towel.
Semogue 820 with Ach Brito Lavanda out of a tube. I hid my toothbrush to make sure I didn't load that with Lavanda too!
Brand new Voskhod in my little ball end Tech.

You can't go far wrong with a Tech, and there was no blood or drama as you'd expect. Despite decent prep and only 24h growth it felt a tad rough. Not sure whether to blame the cream (first time I've used it) or the blade (previous experience with Voskhod has been better, but more likely to be blade than cream I think). Maybe it's me...
Anyway a few drops of Bio oil and some X-Bolt made it all comfy and smooth (weirdly I actually wanted X-Bolt today even though I don't like it and am just using it up. I just fancied something light, citrus but not as sweet as Álvarez Gómez AdC. I probably should have gone with Benjamin's blue Bay rum in hindsight).View attachment 89874
Switch blades, Techs don't shave rough.

Thu 30 SOTD
Soap Stirling Iced Pineapple
Brush Yaqi 24mm Cavern Lake 2 Band Badger
Razor Henkels & Friodur 472
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel Lemon Chill + Stirling Iced Pineapple Splash
Top shelf soap for sure. Smells great, feels super cool, and has a rich creamy slick lather!!
A nice razor for today's shave. The edge was smooth comfortable sharp and really thin..hahaha! 3passes without any issues for a sas result. The matching aftershave was icy...just super!
20220630_105358.jpg

SOTD : 30th June 2022.

4.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Lynx Africa Body Wash.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Pears Transparent Bar Soap.
Brush: Yaqi 24mm Naples Tuxedo Synthetic.
Face Lather.
Lather: Boots Original Shave stick
Blade: Mers Super-shave X. (D2)
Razor: Parker 55SL Semi-Slant.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face Rinse./ Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.3 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./Boots Freshwood ASL + ASB.

Greetings,

Early morning shave,

A wonderful shave to finish my shaving week & the month off in style...The Parker 55SL Semi-Slant has been a pleasure to shave with throughout the week.

As always the inexpensive Boots Trio was a joy to use making my early morning shave a pleasure experience.

A enjoyable 2 pass + pick ups close comfortable shave with no errors to report...Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of Nivea Men Replenishing PSB.

My face is feeling smooth & smelling divine. ;)

Keep safe, and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen. :cool:

Back
Top Bottom