SOTD : Saturday 25 June - Friday 1 July. 2022.

Razor = Merkur Progress ( 4 )
Blade = Polsilver ( Polish ) ( 1 )
Brush = Simpsons T3
Cream = TOBS Eton College Collection
Aftershave = TOBS Eton College Collection
Balm = Nivea RehydratingA8D3F5CA-797B-44CC-A6E2-579C179D7BE8.jpegAnother first class shave.
I’m loving this cream, possibly one of the best citrus scents off tried.
Again for me the progress seems a little underrated
It’s definitely in my top 5 and i love the plastic part that most people don’t like but then again i am an awkward bugger lol
Enjoy your night lads
Stay Safe

Yesterday evening's shave and one themed, 'Forgetfulness and the art of places with rude names'

20220627_184156.jpg

What razor? - Stainless Colonial general
I used a blade? - Feather Super Professional
A brush? What's one of those? - Wee Whisky Barrel
Soapy what? - Signature Soaps Hibernia
You daft Twitt - Simple moisturiser
Scuzz Twittly - Profumo Firenze

I got so lost in the wonderful world of places in the Shetland Islands with rude names I utterly forgot to write up my SOTD. As it was, going through the drawer of shaving soaps I continued to forget, as there lurking at the back was a tin of Hibernia. Please note the original and best with the cheap and 'brewed in a kitchen' label. I also forgot how damn good this stuff is. God bless the back of drawers. And the original stainless General while blessing things.

At least I did remember it was one smashing end to the day and massive grin value.

And I will always remember something Japanese and something girly to sign out on, so make it Blistar. let's not, being as I got the wrong video. In fact it is to be TsuShiMaMiRe. Equally as good and someone the Otoboke girls admire greatly.

Last edited:
SOTD 20220628
Prep: Razorock pre barba
Bowl: Ceramiche di Sicilia
Brush: Heritage Collection Merit 99-5
Soap: Tcheon Fung Sing Sottozero forte
Razor: Rocnel Sailor MC 2022
Blad: Polsilver Super Iridium
AS: Floid Mentolado Vigoroso

SOTD_20220628.jpg

Best Regards
Marco

I’ll have
Yesterday evening's shave and one themed, 'Forgetfulness and the art of places with rude names'

View attachment 89809

What razor? - Stainless Colonial general
I used a blade? - Feather Super Professional
A brush? What's one of those? - Wee Whisky Barrel
Soapy what? - Signature Soaps Hibernia
You daft Twitt - Simple moisturiser
Scuzz Twittly - Profumo Firenze

I got so lost in the wonderful world of places in the Shetland Islands with rude names I utterly forgot to write up my SOTD. As it was, going through the drawer of shaving soaps I continued to forget as there lurking at the back was a tin of Hibernia. Please note the original and best with the cheap and 'brewed in a kitchen' label. I also forgot how damn good this stuff is. God bless the back of drawers. And the original stainless General while blessing things.

At least I did remember it was one smashing end to the day and massive grin value.

And I will always remember something Japanese and something girly to sign out on, so make it Blistar. let's not, being as I got the wrong video. In fact it is to be TsuShiMaMiRe. Equally as good and someone the Otoboke girls admire greatly.

I’ll have to do a limited edition retro label batch!!

And to bring myself back up to date this evening's shame carrying the theme, 'A Twattenium'

20220628_174056.jpg

Beastenium - Rocnel SE-P
Beastenium teethum - 0.485376% Dorco Prime
A Brushenum - AP Shaving 24mm Cashmere
Godum soapum - ADP Collezione Barbierre
Moisturinium - T&F Trafalgar aftershave balm

'A head shave? Much bloody chance there'

Why would anyone want to shave using the Rocnel SE-P? Why would I want to risk life and a few limbs in the name of a shave? Because yes, I am a daft twat.

When I bought this from @Tony'schin he knew inside there was a good chance he might just become @Tony'schinless. I can't think of any other razor so scary. But get it right, use those kid glove things and the results are just sublime. Three passes including a 'shit yourself' ATG and as I've said before, shaved ridiculously close. Some Witch Hazel, a massage of balm and a face like a piece of latex.

Heaven via hell

Since I cocked up the last time you can finally have some Blistar to end on....

And I love you all

View attachment 89831
SOTD: 28/06/2022

Razor: Above The Tie G1
Blade: Gem Blade, 1st use
Brush: Shedeleven Spalted Scottish Hawthorn AP Shave Co G5C 26mm Fan
Bowl: Captains Choice Copper Lather Bowl Standard Bowl
Preshave: Bart’s Balm Preshave Sample Oil
Soap: Taylor’s Of Old Bond Street Lime Zest Cream
Aftershave: TOBS No. 7 Lime Aftershave
Balm: L’Oréal All In 1 Moisturising Cream Balm
Additional Care: Osma Laboratoires Alum Block

Well I’ve managed the impossible, I’ve made the ATT G1 bite. I’ve no idea how, I was pushing the angle to try and get a slightly more efficient shave, hit a bit of a blemish and then the blood flowed! I probably won’t be able to ever recreate it but I’ll try again tomorrow! The TOBS lime zest is a strong, powerfully zesty scent but I found the post shave feel a little dry.
Hopefully tomorrow will be less eventful!

And oddly in my case I can't stop the G1 biting with every shave I've used it to date. In many ways a more frightening prospect than the Rocnel SE-P which believe me is scary.

I am in two minds whether I want to try it again.

And oddly in my case I can't stop the G1 biting with every shave I've used it to date. In many ways a more frightening prospect than the Rocnel SE-P which believe me is scary.

I am in two minds whether I want to try it again.
It’s odd how we can have different reactions to the same razors. I’ve always found it to be my most mild of mild razors.

Wed 29 SOTD
Soap RazoRock XXX
Brush Yaqi 24mm Red Marble
Razor Red Imp 132
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel MitA + RazoRock XXX Splash + Frost Drops
A very nice soap. Smell great and just look at the lather...wow...richly creamy and very slick...bliss!
Nice enough shave with this razor. The edge feels smooth and keen. 3passes for a ccs/sas result. The matching aftershave with condiments ensures a great finish...
20220629_103300.jpg

Back
Top Bottom