SOTD : Saturday 24th April to Friday 30th April 2021.

SOTD 29-Apr
20210429_115743.jpg
Prep: Warm shower
Brush: Razorock Monster
Razor: Razorock Hawk SS V3 'A'
Blade: Feather Professional Super
Soap: OSP/Shaving Station 'Spirits'
Post: Cold Water & OSP/Shaving Station 'Spirits' Aftershave Tonic

Ok so first things first, decided enough was enough and I'd jump from the Kai Pink to the Feather Professional Super, and I have to say at last I'm happy. 2 pass shave with the lightest of touches has given me the results I wanted!

First use of the Spirit, I won't go into the smell as I am not a connoisseur of scents, if you tell me there's this, that and the other in it I can almost guarantee I won't be able to tell, what I will say is it was pleasant, and the tonic was great, it didn't knock me for six (which is good) but I knew it was there and has lasted a good while considering I shaved at 7.30.

Soap performance I have to say was great, it was very very easy to lather and it remained stable throughout providing enough slickness to ensure I didn't skin myself with my heavy handed efforts with the Hawk and Feather. Based on this experience I've actually started to peruse the other offerings from OSP (which until now I haven't tried), so we'll see how that plays out.

I'll put them both through their paces in the next few days as it's the weekend coming up so I'll be switching back to straights!

Hope you all have a cracking day and I'll catch you later.

Cheers

Marc

Thursday

Martin de Candre Original
RazoRock BC Silvertip synth 24mm
Face lather
Fa Tip Lo Storto
Astra SP
Thayer’s Rose Petal and Aloe Vera
Bart’s Ben Cruachan

A superb shave today. Loading the Lo Storto with an Astra seemed to just ever so slightly bring an element of smoothness to the proceedings; as the razor, I find, is a very assertive fellow indeed.

Finished off with a dash of Bart’s regenerative argan and coconut oil elixir.

38771A0E-9D77-460E-BB33-F5C1C26B58BD.jpeg

sZyUfr7.jpg

Prep: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Saponificio Varesino Two-band High Mountain Manchurian White Badger
Cream: Castle Forbes Cedarwood and Sandalwood
Razor: Wolfman WR2
Blade: Polsilver Super Iridium (2)
Post: Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel, Bootlegger's Lime Bay Rum Aftershave

A very enjoyable shave. The Castle Forbes cream is high quality stuff.

Thursday 29th April

ACtC-3eG_Tz7lsinkM_wgOzKTsVha95GX4guLM74K0z2LxikVVQsI1WtMmIza-4GzFh0UJdwgZkWWMei2A1G_VRiyYjALfJAZiN2QlCFxz47K7d7OPv_6p6cB5Ku3AhLAKukPPHGJzhDNSf9kJcW6ioY86qhsQ=w1200

French Pink Clay & Charcoal Face Soap
Meissner Tremonia 'Natural Brown' Stone Pine & Cypress
DSC w/Blonde Boar 24mm
Yaqi Katana DLC w/Star Bakelite Handle
7AM Plus Hi-Platinum (1)
Lea Classic Aftershave

New experience, for me, with this 7AM blade from of Samah Razor Blades Industries Limited (SRBIL) of Bangladesh, which on the back of the sleeve tells of Technical Collaboration with Switzerland! So, it must be good ...

... and it is!

If I'd not used this pretty much back to back with the Lancet Sharp Edge Super Platinum, I might be forgiven for thinking it's the same blade. It may well be. I don't know a lot about Lancet, but I do know they are an Indian company. I don't know if they make their own blade or whether they retail from other metal plants.

Either way, this is a good blade!

Smooth from the off, clearly sharp and a sharpness that is not hidden behind the usual smoothness of a Super Platinum blade. I'm starting to see a trend there with these alternative brand Indian Super Platinum blades.

Smooth. Close. Safe.

What more could you want? I'm very much looking forward to using it again and on the strength of this experience, I'm inclined to try other blades from this maker. Like I need more Subcontinent razor blades?

Last edited:
SoTd
Had another little play about with the finishing stone today partly because I just can’t help myself and also because I’m enjoying getting a feel for what’s required. Had a lovely shave blade felt smooth but not as nice as my usual where sharp meet buttery smooth, that’s to be expected considering I am comparing with a professional hone.

Going to go back to my usual tomorrow but will keep having a go just for the practice and also look forward to adding further stones to the progression and having a go at setting the bevel for the first time ! What’s nice is that I haven’t managed to mess it up and am able to still complete a nice shave. Some basics again tonight..quite enjoying the proraso white84BE749D-02EC-4272-A9C0-603A403B1BF0.jpeg

Sotd-29-04-21.jpg

This afternoon -

razor - ATT Calypso alu - M plate
blade - Feather (4?)
soap - De Vergulde Hand - stick - scheerstaaf - shaving soap - sounds much better in Dutch?
brush - Semogue Torga C5 boar - broken in a treat - it continues to evolve - face lathering heaven
post - witch hazel
a/s - 4711
balm - De Vergulde Hand
scent - Eau Sauvage edp.

Very good indeed - it is a shame this soap isn't more easily available in the UK - for me - top end - personally, I'm sorted - my best mate's partner is Dutch. I hope all your shaves are as good at that - my regards to you all - I.

Fri 30 SOTD
Soap RazoRock XXX
Brush Yaqi 26mm Rainbow
Razor Karve Brass SB-D
Blade Personna Red Platinum 2nd
Post & Aftershaves Ice Water + Stirling Witchhazel MitA + Hyaluronic + Aqua Velva Musk
Satisfying lather from the soft soap. Mild but really nice scent, creamy and slick too...
Shave with razor paired with this blade (in comparison to yesterday's Asco) was way smoother, cuts crisply and very comfortable for 3passes without any issues for a mostly dfs finish. Excellent aftershaves capped off a good session.
20210429_195849.jpg20210430_070238.jpg

Fri 30 SOTD
Soap RazoRock XXX
Brush Yaqi 26mm Rainbow
Razor Karve Brass SB-D
Blade Personna Red Platinum 2nd
Post & Aftershaves Ice Water + Stirling Witchhazel MitA + Hyaluronic + Aqua Velva Musk
Satisfying lather from the soft soap. Mild but really nice scent, creamy and slick too...
Shave with razor paired with this blade (in comparison to yesterday's Asco) was way smoother, cuts crisply and very comfortable for 3passes without any issues for a mostly dfs finish. Excellent aftershaves capped off a good session.
View attachment 69007View attachment 69008
I remember you mentioning how you made your stand for the Karve but I can't find it anywhere now. What did you use?

Back
Top Bottom