SOTD : Saturday 24th April to Friday 30th April 2021.

Thursday 29th April
Alpha T400 - Wickham Classic 24 - Raptor 3D SE - GEM Stainless Coated #3 - Duru Mandarin Cologne - Wickham Classic 24 ASB
sCFPD0X.jpg

179747995_2887916994870273_4962880421423678264_n.jpg
Prep: Shower, Palmolive Olive Oil Soap
Soap: Extro Legno di Rosa
Brush: 24mm Boti Boss know
Razor: Merkur 34C HD
Blade: Voskhod (4)

I can confidently say that the donkey milk brings bugger all to this soap save for the opportunity to stick a nice picture on the label! The lather - while decent did not have the slickness of a Stirling or Signature, although maybe that's more down to me overloading with water after using the thirsty TDS soaps recently :unsure: The scent comes through more strongly when lathered but is still subtle. Eschewing the description of the multiple layers of scent described in the blurb, I will simply say that to me it's a slightly less sweet version of this: ANGLO_BUBBLY__07433.jpg
To be fair, the colour's the same as well! The TDS elevated the sweetness and the RSC balm is currently my go-to over Nivea or Bulldog.
Now to start looking for a cherry lips scented soap, but you can keep your Dentyne flavour as far away from me as possible. Cinnamon is officially the devil's food:sick::p

Todays Cold Water Shave Kit - Thursday 29th April 2021

Shave Score 9.0/10.0

PreShave: Hot Shower
PreShave Cream: Proraso Refreshing
Soap: RazoRock XXX
Brush: Yaqi 24mm - Atlantis
Razor: RazoRock GC .84 OC
Blade: BIC Chrome Platinum (1)
Post Shave ASL: RazoRock XXX
Post Shave Balm: Barts Balms Ben Hope - Peppermint Essential Oil
Post Shave Cologne: John Varvartos - Artisan Pure

Great shave, BBS

Have a good one all.

Joe

IMG_0920.jpeg

29/04/21
Pre: Shower, Pears Transparent Original Cold water Face wash
Brush: Semogue SOC TAJ
Soap: Signature Soap Danum
Razor: Rockwell 6S - P4
Blade: 7o'Clock Black (2)
Post shave: Cold water splash, TC's Infused Witch Hazel
Balm: Tonyschin's Cedarwood and Patchouli Aragn Oil and Balm
Aftershave: Signature Soap Danum
Wk17 (6).JPG
Very nice.
Stay safe and enjoy your day all.

20210429_094259.jpg
SOTD 29th April
Brush - Yaqi Butterscotch 22mm Cashmere
Soft and never fails to get a great face lather
Soap - WSP Citrus Blast - super slick lather with a fresh subtle scent.
Razor - Star Model 100 - great, reliable little razor that I couldn't be without.
Blade - Asco Super Stainless #1 - remember it as a smooth operator, same here again.
Post - Phoenix & Beau Spitfire - forgotten what a classy, old school scent this was! Very nice!

Lovely 3 pass shave that sets the day up very well.
Continue to stay safe people and enjoy your shaves

004BC11A-04E5-4E2E-AD08-B02414071ED7.jpeg
Pre: lather up and massage , hot towel to the face
Brush: yaqi 26mm mysterious space tuxedo
Soap: Mudder Focker
Razor; Blackbird SB
Blade: super shave x #2

Another brilliant shave granted by blackbird - BBS face and dfs++ on neck in 3 passes. This razor definitely doesn’t fail to perform.

I was going to make today’s shave yet another tabac Thursday, however in corner of shaving den I spotted mudder focker just laying there , which I have acquired a while ago but didn’t use. The only reason why I decided to get it a while back is due to it including the mud. As a diabetic with skin tendencies, I find products that include mud or clay to leave me with much better feel than ones without. This one definitely didn’t fail to perform - nice scent, found it to be quite thirsty, and 25 seconds of load provided enough lather for 4-5 passes. Razor glided effortlessly and blade performed well - feels like it’s a good match for blackbird.

Shave finished off with a splash of proraso red ASL.

Enjoy your day Gentlemen!

Back
Top Bottom