SOTD : Saturday 24th April to Friday 30th April 2021.

30/04/21
Pre: Shower
Brush: Semogue Torga C5 Boar
Soap: Signature Soap Leodis
Razor: Blackland Tradere
Blade: NOS Gillette Bleue (3)
Post shave: Cold water rinse, TC's Infused Witch Hazel
Balm: TC's Vetiver & Clary Sage infused Argan Oil Balm
Aftershave: Pinaud Brandy Spice

Wk17 (7).JPG
Overall a nice shave, i had some slight irritation during the XTG pass on the left cheek, probably down to too much pressure, this did not detract from the overall shave.
The post shave routine sorted it out and i am left with a wonderful "face feeler" BBS finish.
The new Argan Oil/Nivea balm infused with the Clary sage and Vetiver oils works well and is nicely scented, earthy but light.
The C5 Torga is getting there but does seem to be behind the Taj in the breaking in stakes.
Stay safe and enjoy your day all.

Last edited:
IMG_20210428_123343_BURST001_ss-01.jpeg

I enjoyed this shave with my 1964 Gillette Slim Adjustable last night. I have a couple of Fatboys and these seem to have preference over the Slim when I feel I need a vintage shave. But it's still a great razor and a birth year / quarter one too, in great nick. The first time I used it, it gave me terrible razor burn, but since then it’s been very kind.

I paired it with a Shark Super Chrome which I think is a lesser known brand, but I've had excellent results from them in all the razors I’ve tried them in. So much so, I ordered 100, from our Swedish eBay reseller. I've a couple of tucks of Shark Stainless Steel blades to try as well, but the Chromes are very smooth.

I also had a new brush to try, despite saying to myself earlier this year that I have enough brushes! Well for the price and the fact that it’s in my favourite colour AND named after a song by the greatest rock guitarist ever, I got myself a Yaqi Purple Haze. It worked very well with the Baker Street.

Stay safe and enjoy your shaves.

Razor: Gillette Slim Adjustable - 1964 Q3
Blade: Shark Chrome (1)
Soap: Stirling Soap Baker Street
Brush: Yaqi Purple Haze
Pre-shave: Proraso White
Post-shave: Lucky Tiger
Bowl: Captain’s Choice Copper

Hi and thanks for asking.
The razor stand is just some cheap flare brass nut for refrigeration that I found while rummaging in my local hardware store. I wanted the Karve brass stand but it's too expensive and I could get either 3 shave soaps or another razor for that price... :LOL::LOL:
I found a suitable stand for the GEM razors too. Here's another look at the stand...I needed to add extra weight otherwise it will topple over...added some duct tape for a smooth and no damage entry.
View attachment 69012
View attachment 69013View attachment 69014
Duct tape?!!! Get some clear plastic tube.

Or the packaging from something.

4ac74e78-6b9c-44d4-92e4-0e2c4687d86b_1.175dc7331fb0dc71b6c81ea37253459a.jpeg
toolsSM.png

Late-night shave

Pre-shave:- Cold Shower
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- Semogue SOC 2 Band Finest Badger in Ash Wood 24/53mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Noble Otter ~ Rawr
Razor/Blade:- Gillette Red Tip (0.66mm) E1 1959 US / Vintage NOS England Wilkinson Sword #2
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Invite E High Potency Pure Oil (10 drops), Natural Plant Glycerin (20) & Tea Tree Oil Antiseptic (5)
Fragrance:- N/A

SOTD 30-Apr
20210430_165954.jpg
Prep: Warm shower and Rogue UK Energising Face Scrub with Witch Hazel
Brush: PAA Peregrino
Razor: Friodur 6/8 72-V
Soap: OSP/Shaving Station 'Spirits'
Post: Cold water and OSP/Shaving Station 'Spirits' Aftershave Tonic

Very enjoyable chilled shave on a randomly booked day off. Second run out with the spirit combo, and again performed brilliantly, stable as anything and great glide. There is something very familiar with the smell on this from my childhood, but for the life of me I can't put my finger on it.

Hope everyone has/had a cracking day, and enjoy the Bank Holiday!

Cheers

Marc

Back
Top Bottom