SOTD : Saturday 24th April to Friday 30th April 2021.

SOTD : 24th April 2021.

85.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Asda Tingly Mint & Tea Tree Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Pears ~ Transparent Bar Soap With Mint Extracts. + Nuage Menthol shaving Oil.
Brush: Omega 11047 Mixed Midget.
Face Lather.
Lather: Razorock "What The Puck? !" Orange Sunrise Shaving Soap.
Blade : Gillette Winner Platinum. (D1)
Razor : Parker 92r.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezings, Cold Water Face Rinse. /Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils. +3 Menthol Crystals, Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./Nivea Men ~ Sensitive Cooling PSB./Milton-Lloyd ~ no.9 Victor EDP.

Greetings,

A new shave set up to start the weekend... Finishing my month of using Indian made DE blades with the Gillette 7'0clock Super Platinum which was a superb match paired together with the Parker 92r made a smooth, sharp, & efficient Indian made duo...I can't remember the last time i used the Razorock"WTP?!" soap and forgot it takes a bit more time to build a lather, which for me isn't a big issue i found after the soap has been bloomed in tepid tap water for few minutes I'm rewarded with a rich, creamy slick lather leaving a good post shave feeling to my face. after the shave.

A enjoyable 3 pass +pick ups close comfortable shave with no errors to report.

Finishing the shave off with a few generous squirts of Milton-Lloyd ~ no.9 Victor EDP to the pulse points.

My face is feeling smooth & smelling divine.;)

Stay safe, and enjoy the start of the weekend ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Last edited:
Today's shave:

rdt2104244akfh.jpg

- Wickham 1912 Classic 24
- Semogue FA 2016 LE :love:
- Mühle Sophist with Feather blade
- Proraso blue aftershave balm

:D

Saturday, 24 April

PreShave: Warm to hot water—most from the boiled kettle, some from the tap
Cream: GFT Eucris
Brush: Kent BK8
Bowl: My recycled T&H cream bowl
Razor: Merkur 39C
Blade Astra sp (1)
Post Shave: Alum

Fragrance: Eucrus

My Saturday setup now (with the Mekur slant). It was a nice slow and relaxing way to start the morning. I was about to pop in a Derby blade to try again, given the controversy on another thread; however, I thought that I’d use the Astra blade for a week first. The Astra is my reference point blade, and as I’ve been using others over the past couple of weeks, I should recalibrate my expectations with the Astra, and then test the Derby. Have a good start to the weekend, folks.

SOTD 24-Apr
20210424_095413.jpg
Prep
Warm shower

Brush
PAA Peregrino

Soap
Proraso Red

Razor
Razorock SS Hawk V3 'A' Super Knurl
Feather Proguard

Finish
Alfred Lane Brio Solid Cologne

Second run out with the Hawk, I got in a selection of blades to try out, first up the Proguard. At the moment not a fan of them, just felt a bit detached. It's only the second run through so I'll give it another try with this blade to see whether it's just me familiarising myself with the razor or I really don't get on with the blade. Failing that I've got a selection of others ramping up which I may get on better with.

Love the razor itself though, the heft, grip and maneuverability are fantastic!

Have a cracking day all!

Cheers

Marc

24/04/21
Straight Shave Saturday
Pre: Pears Transparent Original Cold water Face wash
Brush: Silver Birch Brushes - Cocobolo
Soap: Hampshire Wool Fat
Razor: Heinr. Böker "Piccadilly" 7/8 Blonde Horn
Edge by :- @Tony'schin
Post shave: Cold water Rinse, TC's infused Witch Hazel
Balm: Tonyschin's Cedarwood and Patchouli Argan Oil and Balm
Aftershave: CK Be

Wk17 (1).JPG
A cold water face wash to start then a Face full of soft badger to apply the wonderfully slick HWF lather, i still don't get the "Barnyard" tag.
I completed a 2 pass shave routine with some touch up on the whirlpools to leave me with a DFS+ finish.
Although the blade was really smooth during the WTG & XTG strokes it seems it was struggling a little on ATG strokes, i am sure i can improve the edge.
The Böker was my 1st Attempt on a "New" razor a couple of months ago and i think i was a little too gentle with it, now i am more confident my skill level has improved, so, back to the hones for this baby.

SoTd
Today’s shave was a particularly late one had a really difficult day..had my dog of nearly 16 years put to sleep, she has been with us through an awful lot including surviving a house fire on Christmas Day very sad day but finished with a beautiful shave so this one was is dedicated to her..one of the nicest creatures to grace this earth she really was a gem
So sad to hear your bad news Jay, our Dogs truly do give unconditional love and expect nothing in return. I am dreading going through it myself.

Stay safe and enjoy your day All.

Last edited:
24th April 2021

IMG_20210423_125226_8~3.jpg

SOTD

Razor - karve SS
OC A plate.
Blade - Feather Hi Stainless.
Soap - Signature Soaps - Capra.
Brush - TSN 2018 LE badger.
Post - Thayer's Astringent.
frag - Bowling Green - Geoffrey Beene EdT.

A mild but effective shave leaving me with a wonderful smooth finish.
The goats milk soap from Signature Soaps never fails to impress me with its ability to produce a thick stable lather that is as slick as a Texas puddle.

Let's be careful out there!

Paul.

24/04/21
Straight Shave Saturday
Pre: Pears Transparent Original Cold water Face wash
Brush: Silver Birch Brushes - Cocobolo
Soap: Hampshire Wool Fat
Razor: Heinr. Böker "Piccadilly" 7/8 Blonde Horn
Edge by :- @Tony'schin
Post shave: Cold water Rinse, TC's infused Witch Hazel
Balm: Tonyschin's Cedarwood and Patchouli Aragn Oil and Balm
Aftershave: CK Be

View attachment 68698
A cold water face wash to start then a Face full of soft badger to apply the wonderfully slick HWF lather, i still don't get the "Barnyard" tag.
I completed a 2 pass shave routine with some touch up on the whirlpools to leave me with a DFS+ finish.
Although the blade was really smooth during the WTG & XTG strokes it seems it was struggling a little on ATG strokes, i am sure i can improve the edge.
The Böker was my 1st Attempt on a "New" razor a couple of months ago and i think i was a little too gentle with it, now i am more confident my skill level has improved, so, back to the hones for this baby.

So sad to hear your bad news Jay, our Dogs truly do give unconditional love and expect nothing in return. I am dreading going through it myself.

Stay safe and enjoy your day All.
Thanks T for you’re kind words means a lot they are our best friends, she honestly was an absolute dream couldn’t have asked for better..she never once did a thing wrong she was the most biddable dog I’ve ever seen..the post man had to stride over her every morning as she lay out on the doorstep enjoying the fresh air she never moved just happy to sit a watch the world go by...one in a million I think

Pre-shave:- Cold Shower
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- Semogue SOC 2 Band Finest Badger in Ash Wood 24/53mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Noble Otter ~ Rawr
Razor/Blade:- RazoRock SS Lupo 95 / Gillette Stainless (red & white pack) #2
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Invite E High Potency Pure Oil (10 drops), Natural Plant Glycerin (20) & Tea Tree Oil Antiseptic (5)
Fragrance:- Hugo Boss (Original)
Tonight Tipple:- Jack Daniel's

Back
Top Bottom