SOTD: Saturday 23th November to Friday 29th November 2019

SOTD 20191126.
SnhYYIc.jpg

Noxzema "Protective Shave".
J&T® katalox / OUMO Brush imitation silvertip synth.
Mama Bear's Soaps "Fall Leaves" shaving soap.
Timeless Ti 0.68 OC / Stork Ti "Anaconda" handle.
Racer Super Class Platinum (3).
De Vergulde Hand ASL.
Loris "E-12" EdP (== Armani Attitude).

0619D224-4AB3-48BB-A63F-5C888141C4C8.jpeg
Sorry for the late posting, I've been running around getting ready for our flight to Las Vegas to celebrate Thanksgiving w/ my wife's family. Great face and noggin shave today w/ a new razor I've been waiting for since August! The RazoRock DLC(Diamond-Like Carbon) Coated 316L Stainless Steel Lupo. Unfortunately, due to its popularity, and limited distribution, Joe at Italian Barber only releases this razor in small batches and they go like hot cakes. I won't say anymore other than to recommend you see ‘Ruds Shave's review' on YouTube. There are two reviews - one of the aluminum version, and one of this razor, which he's going to put up as artisan razor of the year. So make sure you watch the SS Lupo Review. I will attest that it's one smooth-shaving highly efficient razor! Easy 3 pass BBS. I'm getting spoiled. The last three razors I've used have been top performers (Cooper Monobilt, Jones Shake Sharp, and this modern one, the Razorrock DLC SS Lupo).

SOTD 11/26/19

RAZOR: Razorock DLC Coated SS Lupo
BLADE: Suneko
PREP: Cold water rinse followed by face and noggin scrub with PAA's Charcoal-Menthol Cube Preshave Soap
BRUSH: Omega Pro48
SOAP: Mitchell's Wool Fat salted w/ 4 Drops of M-Bomb
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with MWF brush squeezings followed by Thayers Lavender WH and finished with Fine Lavender Pour Homme AS Splash

Tue 26th Nov
RazoRock Syn 24mm
P & B Citra Royale
Schick N3
Schick Twin - Japan ( 3 )
Alcolado Glacial

Finished off the Injector rotation today. i used an N3 which for me is the best Schick to use a Twin Blade. The Shave was smooth and comfortable, with the finish being a Face Stroker probably the best of this rotation.

BFF4D6B7-EA7F-4865-9EE3-2BFF992504AF.jpeg

A comparison shave - in the left corner, weighing in at 48 grams, the Timeless Aluminium (0.45mm blade gap) and in the right corner, weighing in at 128 grams, the Timeless Bronze (0.38mm blade gap). Both razors were with fitted with NOS (Czech) Gillette Red Stainless blades and the other participants in the shave were an AP Shave Co. 28mm Butterscotch SilkSmoke and The Traditional Shaving Co Limes cream which was face lathered.

191126-SOTD.jpg

There wasn't much in it but for my money and it was a split decision, the winner by the slightest margin was the Timeless Bronze...

Tuesday evening

Erasmic cream
RazoRock Plissoft 24mm synth
Face lather
Gillette Tech (Flat Bed,1948, England)
Personna Med Prep
Thayer's Rose Petal and Aloe Vera
Flöid Mentally Vigorous

Cool as a cool thing tonight. The blade is just on its way out after 4-5 shaves; but still gave a smooth finish, albeit with a wee bit more work.

FF291896-83C5-4608-A716-6F3251B24700.jpeg

Sotd-27-11-19.jpg

Sotd - Wednesday the 27th of November

Prep - Bulldog facial scrub
razor - Ikon X3 head on Rockwell ss handle
blade - Super Max Titanium (3)
brush - Simpsons Case - pure badger
soap - Valobra stick - tallow
post - witch hazel
a/s - Epsilon Blue
balm - La Toja Neutro Care.

Result - ding ding - tengo la luz.

I had never really used any pre-shave products before - just a shower with decent soap - but on a whim - it was half price in a supermarket - picked up the Bulldog scrub - I have been using it off and on for a couple of months - and for me - beyond reasonable doubt - it enhances the process. Not necessarily during the shave but the appearance and feel of my skin post is definitely better. I'm lucky that - even as a teenager - I never had problem skin - nor as an adult - given my lifestyle - that is a minor miracle. Shaving properly is probably the better part of it - having enough experience to understand what products work for me - and how to adapt them as the seasons change - that being said - I will have some sort of exfoliant as a permanent fixture in the setup from now on. I notice that Proraso do a rather nice looking paste - rosemary and mint. Currently working on plans/recipes to add a bit of scrub to my own bar soap - to make something more suitable for dedicated pre-shave use. We'll see how that goes. Worth - in my experience - checking out an exfoliant - see what you think. Have good shaves - yours - I.

Tuesday 26th November

British Barbers Association Shave Cream
YaqI Chianti 24mm Synthetic
3D Printed Bowl
RazoRock Game Changer .84-P
Gillette Silver Blue (2)
Nivea 2 Phase Aftershave

Re-visited BBA Shave Cream for the first time in well over a year, having previously not got on too well with it.
Much better lather produced with the 3D Printed Bowl.
Nivea 2 Phase Aftershave to finish

Wednesday 27th November

Real Shaving Facial Scrub
Haslinger Honig Shaving Soap
Yaqi Rainbow Synthetic Brush
Baili BD177 TTO with a Kai Stainless Blade
Thayers Witch Hazel with Cucumber
MWF Noisturiser
Clubman AS

A nice razor/blade combination. Sometimes I struggle with the Kai Stainless.
3 passes for a super smooth and close shave.

Back
Top Bottom