SOTD: Saturday 23th November to Friday 29th November 2019

SOTD 20191125.
s8Phzgi.jpg

Proraso pre-shave cream (white).
J&T® katalox / OUMO Brush imitation silvertip synth.
Mama Bear's Soaps "Siberian Fir Needle" shaving soap.
RazoRock Game Changer GC-OC84 / Stork Ti "Paladin" handle.
Racer Super Class Platinum (2).
Homelikeshaving "DejaVu" ASL.

Monday 25th November
Alpha Outlaw - Signature Soaps Valentia - Ever Ready 1914 - GEM SSC â„–12 - Alum - Irisch Moos A/S - Aloe Vera Gel
3CJQvjL.jpg

Scent of the Valentia was fairly earthy and I had difficulty detecting the the three scent ingredients. However I'm very impressed with the soap formulation as it bowl lathered very easily. It produced copious amounts, which suited the little lather catcher with the blade on its swansong.

25/11/2019
Pre: Hot shower
Brush: Vintage Vulfix service 3
Soap: Vintage GIBBS 1950's
Razor: Feather SS ACS-NB / 1914
Blade: Kai Protouch MG / Personna GEM PTFE (7 / ?)
Post shave: Alum Block, cold water splash, Homemade Astringent
Balm: Barts Balm Lavender Lotion / Proraso Red
Aftershave: Proraso Red

3  Mon.JPG

A nice slick lather from the vintage Cream (added 6 drops of glycerin).
The plan was 2 passes with the feather then touch up with the 1914.
A very confident ambidextrous 1st WTG pass with the AC razor, although i think the blade is done.
2 passes with the very audible 1914, XTG & ATG
I really enjoyed the shave taken as a whole.
DFS finish, nothing from the block and finishing with the Barts Balm Lotion and Proraso Red.
Have a great day All.

04475204-496D-46A0-ACC6-C15E0D9BE064.jpegE177431F-7C53-4869-AF52-171FA415B33A.jpeg
The Jones Shake Sharp is deceptive-looking. It looks like a 1912 Gem razor, but uses DE blades. When I first examined the blade exposure, I was prepared for an aggressive, technical shave. However, the shave was highly efficient and surprisingly smooth. The razor sang as it cut. When I checked after the first pass, my whiskers were mowed down to the DFS level. I could have quit at that point, but decided to go w/ an ATG for my second pass. The result was a two pass BBS w/ no irritation picked up by the alum block. This razor is going into the regular rotation along with the Cooper. Two consecutive days of an effortless BBS.

SOTD 11/25/19

RAZOR: Jones Shake Sharp
BLADE: Suneko DE
PREP: Cold water rinse followed by a face scrub with PAA's Charcoal-Menthol Cube Preshave Soap
BRUSH: Omega Pro48
CREAM: Kapo Cooling
POSTSHAVE: Cold water rinse followed by Chiseled Face Cryogen AS Splash

Thanks Donnie

She is a sweetie , a sad story her owner an elderly gent died leaving her and 5 others , the others have been rehomed by the shelter , but they were worried about her as she is very nervous, (we have 4 other small dogs we used to foster for a shelter to get the rescues from puppy farms house trained and in a condition where they were ready to go to good homes, but we kind of kept a few along the way), and they are pretty chilled so it is a good environment for her. We sadly lost a dog a few months ago so had room for Maeve. She had a good first night and seems to be getting used to her new forever home.
Lovely story.....and well done!

Back
Top Bottom