SOTD: Saturday 23th November to Friday 29th November 2019

Sat 23rd Nov

Cyril Salter / MS ED2band
P & B Spitfire
Schick Type F
Schick “Chick” ( 6 )
P & B Spitfire A/S Splash

Another excellent Injector Shave, the F is good for a leisurely Shave being milder than the other ones used so far,. A Shave takes a bit more time, however it is so good in the hand that time does not seem to matter.

C475EE23-4718-4136-B511-E31DF1FDDCBD.jpeg

IMG_20191123_135438.jpg

Paradigm Titanium II
Gillette Silver Blue
Oumo Manchurian
APR Ozymandias Soap and Splash
Soundtrack: ABBA Gold

The APR pairing worked a treat and the scent is very classy. It's a shame it doesn't hang around for long. I need to try to get the EDP.
The Silver Blue wasn't the best match for the razor. It was smooth enough but just not sharp enough.

The soundtrack: It's grey and damp outside and the Black Dog has been on my shoulder of late. I needed something to brighten the day, and my mood and so I went with a bit of ABBA.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend Gents.

Cheers
Rob

Saturday 23rd November
Yaqi Moka Express - Signature Soaps Hibernia - Schick G1 - Schick Proline â„–5 - Alum - Speick A/S - Aloe Vera Gel
6PV0VR8.jpg

Very pleased with Hibernia. First of the two generous samples gifted by @BrianH . It has very pleasing citrus scent. Plus it was very easy to build a lather on the face. Slickness and residual slip was also top notch. Made for a great shave with the G1.

Sotd-23-11-19.jpg

Sotd - this afternoon - Saturday the 23rd of November

Prep - Bulldog facial scrub
razor - Ikon X3 head on a Rockwell s/s handle
blade - Super Max Titanium (2)
brush - Wee Scot tortoiseshell - best badger
soap - RazoRock Puros - tallow
post - witch hazel
a/s - Extro Tabacco
balm - none needed
scent - Creed Tabarome edp.

Result - faultless.

Taking inspiration from the post of @Paul L earlier today - I enjoy a tobacco themed shave - a scent class I am very fond of. Everything went right - nothing went wrong. Hours later I still smell lovely - even if I do say so myself - I guess that's why you pay the money for Creed - certain things in life should never be done cheaply - like cocaine and prostitutes - for instance. (For the avoidance of doubt - that's a joke.) Not much more to say really. Enjoy the rest of the weekend and your shaves - one and all - yours - I.

Oh - 'It's grey and damp outside and the Black Dog has been on my shoulder of late. I needed something to brighten the day, and my mood and so I went with a bit of ABBA.' - good choice - you couldn't help but smile - @Blackmass - R. - I sympathise - I get visits from the 'perro negro' fairly often - my antidote today - was rediscovering the back catalogue of Joe Satriani - must be the first time in thirty years I've heard him - no plank knowingly under-spanked - a blast - at that volume - it was a blast - from the past. Did the job.

Back
Top Bottom