SOTD: Saturday 23th November to Friday 29th November 2019

Wed 27th Nov.

Simpson Chubby 1 / Maggards 2band
Williams Mug Soap
Claymore V1 /Ikon handle
Schick Proline [ 2 ]
Pitralon Polar A/S Lotion

The Claymore was my first AC/SE Razor and despite its substantial weight I have really got used to it. I have changed the original handle and just love the way it now performs, especially as today with the creamy Williams lather the Shave was effortless and resulted in a top Notch finish. Just a shame ES no longer produce an AC/SE Razor, as this version is rather good.

IMG_0310.jpg

SOTD 20191127.
f08f2J0.jpg

Proraso pre-shave crème (red).
OUMO Brush / OUMO Brush imitation finest 2-band synth.
Razor Master "Santtu" shaving soap.
RazoRock Game Changer GC-OC84 / Stork Ti "Paladin" handle.
Racer Super Class Platinum (4).
Haslinger "Sandelholz" ASB.

MWqIUq4.jpg

Prep: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap,Antica Barbieria Colla Almond Oil Pre-Shave Cream
Brush: Rudy Vey Shavemac Three-band Silvertip Briar
Soap: Eufros Tobacco (sample)
Razor: Feather AS-D2
Blade: Vintage NOS Gillette 'Swede' (9)
Scent: Boellis Panama 1924

An rapid two pass shave with this line-up.
The consistency of this soap is what I would describe as at the firmer end of the croap scale.
The scent strength is mid from the container, and remains mid-strength throughout the shave. It is unmistakably a tobacco scent, but it was not one that greatly appealed to me for some reason.
It lathered well, and performance was good, but not as good as the performance I've come to expect from the tub of Eufros soap that I own. I've found that this decrepancy can sometimes occur with samples, particularly if they have done a bit of traveling and possibly experienced temperature differentials. The scent is no longer available in the Eufros range, but I have heard that Manuel was not entirely satisfied with the original scent, and is seeking another scent source before re-launching the soap.

27/11/2019
Pre: Hot Shower
Brush: Vintage Butterscotch Culmak Plus 1950's
Soap: Vintage Cussons 1950's (+4 drops of glycerin)
Razor: Ever Ready HFT-E Bar
Blade: Personna GEM PTFE (9)
Post shave: Alum Block, cold water splash, Homemade Astringent
Balm: Bart's Balm Lavender lotion / Tabac Original
Aftershave: Tabac Original

5 Wed.JPG

Another great shave with the Vintage gear today.
3 Passes WTG & ATG then a full buffing pass ATG for a BBS result.
A nice post shave routine starting with nothing from the block, then the Barts Balm Lavender lotion, finishing with the Tabac original balm and splash.
I think i will run with the HFT until the end of the week (if the blade holds up).
Have a great day All.

Prep: Bath and face wash with zesty lemon and tea-tree original source shower gel
Pre-shave: Proraso white
Soap: TOBS grapefruit warm lathered in q-shave scuttle
Brush: Omega 49 boar
Razor/blade: Feather AS-D2/ Gillette Silver Blue (1)
Aftershave: proraso green
Balm: Nivea sensitive

Today's 3 pass shave was very enjoyable. It was the first time I'd used a Gillette Silver blue and found it very sharp but smooth. I bought 50 of these and so I‘m pleased I liked it.

A847F3E7-7B15-4EF8-BF77-306E9A53A694.jpeg
Another great shave with this incredible razor on my first morning in Las Vegas. I really like these Suneko blades!

SOTD 11/27/19

RAZOR: Razorock SS Lupo
BLADE: Suneko
PREP: Cold water rinse followed by face and noggin scrub w/ Glyce Glycerin Soap
BRUSH: Razorock Plissoft Synthetic Travel Brush
SOAP: Mike's Hungarian Lavender Shave Stick
POSTSHAVE: Cold water face and noggin wash with brush squeezings followed by Fine Lavender Pour Homme AS Splash and finished with Cade AS Balm

Back
Top Bottom