SOTD : Saturday 23th January to Friday 29nd January 2021.

View attachment 63871

For you @Satanfriendly - Ms. Perske looking sultry - I don't think she ever looked any other way?

Yesterday:

prep - facial scrub
razor - ATT Calypso - R plate
blade - Med Prep (?)
brush - Simpson Trafalgar T2
soap - Ach Brito Mogno
post - witch hazel
a/s - Epsilon
balm - De Vergulde Hand.

All good - long overdue - an eight day growth coming off. I feel human again. I had noticed a lot of positive comments about the Mogno soap - so was delighted when a fellow member generously offered to send me a bar to try. It is indeed very good - does the job well. It is a wee bit different to other inexpensive hard soaps - La Toja, DVH, Lea, that sort of thing - as it has a distinct scent - other than just soap. A nice light cologne/ozonic thing. Very pleasant. It reminds me of the Valobra shave stick in terms of performance - that's a compliment in my opinion. The only criticism I could make - why on earth did they decide to sell it as a bar? Fair enough - I could grate it into a container - but that falls firmly into the 'life is too short' category of activities for me. I'll need to find something to keep it in - there is a beautiful antique ceramic dish in the window of Oxfam round the corner - a butter dish? Looks the perfect size. Problem - it isn't bastarding open - and probably won't be for quite some time. Such is life - have good shaves one and all - and stay safe. Yours - I.

@Paul L - thank you mate.

Phwoar!

The post holes are larger, the centre thread hole is larger,View attachment 63894
Its not much
View attachment 63895
But its enough
View attachment 63899
Any DE head will do just not the Myatt. My Gillette heads stay in the set.
Sorry it took so long but my image posting is playing up again.
T
I don't know if this is like a horrible idea, but.....
Could you just not file down the post on the Myatt top plate enough so that any blade will fit. You don't need to worry too much about plate alignment as the center post will keep it in the middle.
Just a thought.

28/01/21
Vintage Month - Razor #28
Pre: Shower
Brush: Yaqi Sagrada Familia 24mm
Soap: Palmolive stick / Maca Root Superlather
Razor: GEM MicroMatic SB Clog-Pruf
Blade: GEM PTFE S/S (?)
Post shave: Alum, Cold water Rinse, TC's infused Witch Hazel
Balm: Floïd Balm
Aftershave: Floïd SE Mentolado Vigaroso

Wk 4 (7).JPG
A nice close shave today with the Clog-Pruf (thanks @Scotshave).
I really like this razor, it feels nice on the skin and is very efficient.
Just 2 passes required today WTG & a Multi pass, i did use the Alum as i knew it was a close one - it gave a little indication. I am not sure how many shaves the blade has had but it feels good so will keep it going for now.
The Floïd doing just what its supposed to do.

I don't know if this is like a horrible idea, but.....
Could you just not file down the post on the Myatt top plate enough so that any blade will fit. You don't need to worry too much about plate alignment as the center post will keep it in the middle.
Just a thought.

Someone has had a go at that and the underside of one of the caps is looking - lets just say " a bit ugly", you would need to get right to the bottom of the posts without changing the geometry or damaging the cap edge, then force the blade down the Thread post (which buckles the blade). I may, 1 day, have a look at a permanent fix.
At present its not worth the bother when i can get great shaves using a new cap. Too simple.
Stay Safe and enjoy your day All

28/1/21

Vintage Month

Brush - Yaqi Sagrada Tuxedo
Soap - Proraso Super Formula White Shaving Cream
Razor - Fat Handle Tech
Blade - Lancet Super Stainless (1)
Post - Witch Hazel
Signature Soaps - Danum Splash

A few new things today, first of all the Proraso Super Formula White Shaving Cream, which was easy enough to produce a huge amount of lather from a pea's worth but when I put onto my face I could feel a bit of irritation, which remained a few hours after the shave, so sadly it seems another soap I have an allergy to.
The scent of the shaving cream is a weird one, it's supposed to be Green Tea and Oat but I couldn't really get much of anything, it might be the lightest scented shaving cream/soap I have used. The lather itself was a pretty good, slick with good cushion but I'd say the Lider Shaving Cream I used yesterday was slicker.
The second new thing I used for today's shave was the Lancet Super Stainless, which lacked a bit of smoothness for a few strokes of the first pass but was delightfully smooth there after. Another blade that seems to work delightfully well with the FHTech; I'm not entirely sure but I find old Gillette razors pair really well with subcontinent blades.

All in all, due to reacting to the shaving cream it wasn't one of my best shaves, but yesterday's one was a superb one so it probably balances out in the end!

28 January

Fine Platinum
Cadman M55 Tuxedo
Rex Ambassador (1.5/5)
Personna med prep
Fine Platinum asl

9A7DD9F5-8F32-4215-A792-E17418E28E51.jpeg

A superb two pass shave this morning. I tried a small gap (1.5) for the first pass and then opening up the blade gap considerably (5) for the second pass. This resulted in a very fine, comfortable finish. It would seem to be counter intuitive but it worked well. Theme “Many Shades of Grey”.

Third shave with a straight razor didn't upload the second but second shave went well no cuts had a few pick ups, today's shave was lovely few pick ups on neck and top lip with the oneblade but no cuts a little irritation but sorted with the pro victis. Really enjoying these shaves eyeing up a new straight already but holding off a little longer until I'm more comfortable shaving and stropping. Really enjoyed this MDC soap perfect for me the natural F9568202-8638-453D-AC47-EFCCE46064CB.jpeg

Morning shave today - 2 days stubble mown down with ease . Prep- warm shower then Proraso preshave cream. Blade ; GSB. Razor ;Rockwell 6S R5. Brush : Semogue HD Badger . Soap- Proraso Sandlewood. ASB - Proraso . Moisturiser Keihls Facial Fuel. Needed to physically turn up for work rather than work from home -having a shave made me feel human. Trying to reduce my soaps from 5 to 1- maybe I'll stick with just one soap once Ive achieved this.

Thursday AM 2021-01-28
National Kazoo Day
Cuf28wK.jpg

Rooney 3/2 Ebony Finest (24/54)
Ethos Grooming Succès soft shaving soap
Paradigm 17-4/Triad Aristocrat Black
Wilkinson London Bridge (3)
Ethos Grooming Succès aftershave
3erFpLi.jpg

Thursday 28th January

ACtC-3dpePsps6CYrv-hv_MsLmlWIJOU8hmblsmmJlG6kvmsHPByuBYB6LP5fBiD9d3MkX55_CbUYAL-yB84AVmAPOtx8BqKFTVhSDXLUx_b_n2Foj5_Qure4Rz06Fz5k16PQz5fLTyssJRsrLtcNaX6C0BvqA=w1200

French Pink Clay & Charcoal Face Soap
Hampshire Wool Fat Shaving Soap
RazoRock Bruce w/Plissoft Synthetic 24mm
Yaqi Katana DLC w/Gillette bakelite handle
ASCO Super Platinum (2)
Pashana Original Aftershave

Nice to be back on the Lord blades ...

While I got three acceptable shaves off the last blade, it wasn't up to par for me. The ASCO is kinda right in the middle of the Lord blades, delivering a no-frills but absolutely capable shave. Fun, too, to try out the Yaqi Katana DLC. I have a chromed model and like it a lot. The DLC version is very much akin, perhaps a tad smoother? That's probably in my mind.

Yeah! Good, good!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom