SOTD : Saturday 23th January to Friday 29nd January 2021.

05468e14f41f7e3b656bad836484912b.jpg

Sat 23rd SOTD
Soap RazoRock XXX
Brush Yaqi 24mm Ruby Tuxedo
Razor Yaqi DOC
Blade American Shave Platinum 2rd
Post & Aftershaves Ice Water + Thayers + Hyaluronic + Old Spice original
The soap has a nice but mild scent. Good performance quality and very pleasurable lathering with the soft brush.
Shave with razor paired with the blade was good. Sharpish, smooth, and comfortable for 3passes without any issues for a mostly bbs feel.
Rating 9.8/10
20210123_123755.jpg

Pre-shave:- Cold Shower
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- Semogue SOC 2 Band Finest Badger in Ash Wood 24/53mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Noble Otter ~ Hamami
Razor/Blade:- Muhle Rocca R94 / Gillette Stainless (red & white pack) #13
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Invite E High Potency Pure Oil (10 drops), Natural Plant Glycerin (20) & Tea Tree Oil Antiseptic (5)
Fragrance:- Tommy Hilfiger for Men

23/01/21

Razor: Blackland Sabre L1
Blade: GEM (1)
Brush: Simpsons T3
Soap: TDS Patchouli : Vetiver
Pre: Proraso Cypress and Vetiver
ASL: Williams AV
ASB: Floïd

IMG_20210123_083214.jpg

Yes yes yes I know I'm breaking from the vintage challenge but I have this razor on loan and I need to use it. Technically I've also completed the challenge as I've used all my vintage razors.

On to the shave. The Sabre is on loan from @Tony'schin and I've been looking forward to a mediocre shave that would put my desire for a Sabre to bed..... Damn it - that was a great shave. The GEM blades are known for being a bit rough on the first pass. This razor seemed to tame them. It's a good job Slickboys don't have the L1 in stock or I'd have had one through cheap consumer credit.

The TDS soap also performed very well. I'm really impressed with these. They perform very well - especially considering their price. The scent of this one is pleasant. It's not a favourite but I think it will be staying in the den.

SOTD : 23rd January 2021.

33.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/ Original Source Tingly Mint & Tea Tree Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Pears ~ Lemon Flower Transparent Bar Soap + Nuage Menthol shaving Oil.
Brush: Wilkinson Sword Boar.
Face Lather.
Lather : Scottish Fine Shaving Soap.
Blade : Parker ~ Premium Platinum. (1)
Razor: Parker 94r.

Cold Water Face Rinse./Homemade (~Winter mix~) peppermint lavender, eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Witch Hazel Mixture./ Brut Attraction Totale ASL./ Nivea Men Creme.

Greetings,

(Parker Razor & blade duo week.)

Another new shave set up to start the weekend...I haven't used my parker razors or the premium platinum blade for a while, so this week will be a parker razor & blade duo week...Starting off with the 94r ,which is a sturdy hefty efficient lady that hold's no prisoners to face stubble i was BBS after the 3rd pass but carried on with the pick up pass just for the sheer pleasure of the shave.

A enjoyable 3 pass + pick ups close comfortable /near BBS shave with no errors to report...Finishing the shave off with small dollop of Nivea Men Creme.

My face & feeling smooth & smelling divine.;)

Stay safe, and enjoy the start of the weekend ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom