SOTD : Saturday 23th January to Friday 29nd January 2021.

23/01/21
Vintage month - Razor #23
Pre: Shower
Brush: Razorock 400 Plissoft Synth
Soap: Hampshire Wool Fat
Razor: Ever ready 1924 shovel head
Blade: GEM PTFE S/S (11?)
Post shave: Alum, Cold water Rinse, TC's Cedarwood and Patchouli infused Witch Hazel
Balm: TC's Cedarwood and Patchouli Argan Oil & Balm
Aftershave: Hugo Boss Bottled night
Wk 4 (1).JPG
A great lather from the HWF, today i bowl lathered in the Copper captains choice, i had enough scented slickness for 3 full passes - easily.
A wonderful 2 pass shave with the very efficient 1924, remembering to give the razor a good shake after rinsing as this old girl likes to hold a bit of water in the head, which can end up washing the lather off before the blade gets to the area.
I completed a WTG pass then a mixed XTG/ATG pass for an easy BBS finish.
A wonderful post shave carrying on the scent of this very nice soap.
Stay Safe and enjoy your day All.

988D16E2-8D0B-475A-8682-A696AD0EBC33.jpeg
Gillette Tech Canadian 1940's
Łódź Polsilver 1
P&B Night Witch
Omega Premium Boar
Humphrey's witch hazel
Old Spice (Indian) a/s lotion.

Nice and leisurely Saturday afternoon shave.
Off for a ‘socially distanced' walk in the woods with a friend.
Any luck, we might bump into some doggers. Might have to break protocol.

Razor: Blackland Sabre L1
Blade: GEM (1)
"I've been looking forward to a mediocre shave that would put my desire for a Sabre to bed..... Damn it - that was a great shave. The GEM blades are known for being a bit rough on the first pass. This razor seemed to tame them."

Good innit? really smooths the GEM blades out.
How are finding the weight/balance?
T

22D4BFCA-6EA8-4971-9E23-D99619FFE053.jpeg

A wonderful shave today with the fresh and ligtly sweet scented A&E Asian Pear shaving soap.
Wonderfull glide and cushing from the soap whiped up with a MÜHLE Edition 1 brush together
with a Timor DE blade in the CarbonSaving Cx Titan took down 3 days of stubble with ease

Whising all you Gentlemen a nice and relaxing weekend

23/1/21

Razor - Yaqi Katana
Blade - Supermax Super Platinum (3)
Brush - Omega 10077 (The Goodfellas version)
Soap - Arko
Post - Cien Aqua

I soaked my brand new 10077 with my old well used 11819 with the intention of giving it a test lather, and I did it expecting it wouldn't hold a lather but to my surprise even if it required a little more soap to get going it was pretty much perfect straight out of the box. FTR, the only prep I did to the brush was to soak it washing up liquid and wash it out with Signature Soaps Neem Oil dog shampoo (what a product!) to get out the smell of pig.
Now onto the shave, I was really impressed with the 10077 soft tips held it's lather for the second pass, not bad for it's 2nd ever lathering, it made me appreciate how great Omega boar brushes, and at their prices they are exceptional value.
The SMX SP was definitely at it's sharpest on the 3rd shave, but it'd lost it's smoothness, but produced great smooth results nonetheless.

Have a good weekend gents.

Saturday AM 2021-01-23
National Handwriting Day
8RzSSxn.jpg

Rooney Emillion 1 Porcelain Finest (24/48)
Martin de Candre shaving soap
Haircut & Shave P076-SB 17-4
Personna Titanium (1)
Armani Acqua di Giò aftershave

With the new blade being a bit rough, I ended up with some razor burn, despite the excellent lather and razor. And the burn has even persisted after use of the aftershave. The Personna Titanium just isn't anywhere near as smooth as the P74 for me.
aI94aMI.jpg

Back
Top Bottom