SOTD : Saturday 23th January to Friday 29nd January 2021.

20/01/21
Vintage Month - Razor #29
Pre: Shower
Brush: Edwin Jagger Medium
Soap: Faena Dorica
Razor: Rolls Razor - Stainless set 1935
Edge By: @Tony'schin
Post shave: Alum, Cold water Rinse, TC's infused Witch Hazel
Balm: Barts Balm Cinnamon & Patchouli Balm & Lotion
Aftershave: Williams Formula 1 original
View attachment 64012

I am always a bit apprehensive when i plan to use one of my Rolls kits, no need really.
This kit i adopted from @Blademonkey and it is the most comprehensive set i have, it includes an addressed "thank you for your purchase" letter from Rolls Razors to the original owner in 1935.
I completed a "Pyramid" refresh of this blade on the 5K, 8K & 12K hones then gave it 100 laps on the boxed strop.
A fantastic bowl lather with the little EJ badger and the Faena soap, plenty slick goodness for the shave. The brush is quite "Floppy" but using just the tips you get a nice scritch on the face when loading, then face paint - lovely.
I Found the angle pretty much straight away and off i went, very smooth WTG and XTG with a little cutting indication when going ATG but not uncomfortable.
I completed 3 full passes for a DFS++ result, nothing from the Alum rub and feeling real comfortable.
A nice post shave with a last minute change to the Williams Splash - it just seemed right?
Stay safe and enjoy your day All.

PS - Microsoft Edge let me post pic 1st go.
A lovely set indeed, I am so pleased it is being used for the purpose it was made for. :)

Paul.

Friday 29th January
Yaqi Moka Express - Speick Stick - GEM 3D Adjustable A plate - GEM SSC #8 - Speick A/S - Aloe Vera Gel
itXvJUi.jpg

Fri 29th January

RR Syn. 22mm
Monsavon au Lait
Occams Oren- 3dot
Feather Proguard ( 5 )
Massimo Dutti A/S Lotion

As I was not rushed into vacating the Bathroom, I was able to concentrate on the task in hand and am pleased to say that the Shave was very pleasant, and the finish attained nice and close all round.

89AA1F95-322C-402F-A57E-61450DED218B.jpeg

Last edited:
29/1/21

Vintage Month

Brush - Yaqi Sagrada Tuxedo
Soap - Proraso Super Formula Green Shaving Cream
Razor - Fat Handle Tech
Blade - Lord Platinum (1)
Post - Benjamins Bay Rum

Yesterday's I used the new Super Formula White Shaving Cream, and didn't have the best shave as it seemed to react unfavourably with my skin, but had no such problem with using the new SF Green cream today. I've read some very favourable reports of it and if I'm honest it seemed very similar to the old formulation.

The Lord Platinum seemed to pair very well with the FHT, sharper than the Shark Stainless I used a few days ago, and with the lather I had a nice irritation free shave.

Have a good Friday gents.

Stormy Air & Dark Seas
How Appropriate for the u.k. just now.
It was a truly dark shave but the more i smell this the more i'm starting to get it,
If i close my eyes and think i can smell the stormy sea & being an avid fisherman it's right up my street.
After a nice shower i watched my face with Boots charcoal exfoliating face wash
i mean i had to black soap to go with the theme
yes sad i know but i'm bored
VERY BORED
Preshave was black again with the
Fitjar Islands preshave bar
Razor none other than the Rockwell 6s on setting 2 as iv never tried 2.
Your getting the picture it's black :ROFLMAO:
Blade = was the Gillette Blue ( 3 )
Soap = Zingari Man The Watchman with matching splash & balm.
Brush was the Rockwell, not the best but does the job.
I was very unsure of this scent when i first got it,
i just didn't get it really but after a few uses i'm starting to develop a love for it, each time i use it i can smell & actually imagine being out fishing.
The Blade is what everyone has bought recently
and another great shave with third use.
i reckon i could get easily another two shaves from this blade but iv made a deal with myself that 3 times is the max for the only reason is getting through all the blades i have.
Stay Safe Boys

504C82C3-286F-4552-9A5F-390D8B0BF651.jpeg

4th straight shave getting a little more confident now with each shave really enjoying the start of my new journey slight nick under the nose but nothing the alum didn't sort out. Really enjoyed the razorock nice light scent and a light menthol. Used the oneblade for a few touch ups but not many seems to be getting better
C4708099-CC64-4B11-9F6A-8F1329848C60.jpeg

Friday AM 2021-01-29
National Puzzle Day
5ZmOby8.jpg

Rooney Emillion 2 Porcelain-Jade Finest (24/55)
Eufros Tobacco shaving soap (tallow)
Haircut & Shave P075-SB Mixed Metal Black/Triad Aristocrat Brass
Wilkinson London Bridge (4)
Cigar Aficionado aftershave

With its first use, my impression of the H&S razor is that it is very smooth and efficient but does not glide quite as freely as the SS or copper ones. It just seems to have a bit more friction, reminding me of the Weber DLC.
3tp2nWF.jpg

'The King is not dead, long live the King!' was the theme for this particular shave.

IMG_20210127_221504.jpg

Richard III - Ikon B1
Henry VIII - Gillette Rubie
Edward VIII - Steven Jagger 30mm Cashmere
Ghengis Khan - Boellis Panama

I often talk to my razors and my razors often talk to me. In this case it was the Ikon B1 muttering 'What about me you big ugly bastard?'

Having used the 89 earlier this week mainly through nostalgia it did pass my mind that I do have another sadly overlooked DE in among my growing army of razors. The Ikon B1. For a long time my staple diet of shaving and one which I praised as being the God of close shaves. So 'out you come you viscous little bugger'. It was still wearing a Rubie from its last outing and so a Rubie it would be.

Lathering out of the way using two shaving Gods in their particular field of duties and ready, steady, hit the face.

Wow! I forgot just how damn brilliant this razor is and I must admit that in my quest for a world ruled by SE's there is still a king of razors, the Ikon B1. I still swear that I have yet to come across any razor which gets closer with the least amount of fuss. Not everyone's choice of a great razor but in my fluff free world it is the king. Long live the King

??? I beg to differ

Anyway have a great and safe weekend you shaveteers and have some Queens of Japanese metal to kiss goodbye to the past week

Back
Top Bottom