SOTD : Saturday 23 to Friday 29 of October of 2021

Friday 29th October
RazoRock Plissoft - Rose of Bulgaria Cream - General Brass - Schick Proline P #5 - Blue Stratos A/S - Aloe Vera Gel
iGY2nH9.jpg

Friday October 29, 2021
Razor: Kenyon/Sextoblade
Blade: sChick Injector
Brush: Trotter Handcraft Lake of Fire/Timberwolf
Soap: Mitchell's Wool Fat
AS 1: Humphrey's Alcoholado Maravilla 70
AS 2: CHH Tobacco
Fragrance: John Varvatos Dark Rebel
Consecutive Daily Shaves - # 1,087

Work accomplished and new water heater installed yesterday for my parents. Nice shave this morning and while the Fat is slick and leaves the face feeling GREAT I just don't love it or reach for it much. On the fence with it on whether to keep it around as I reduce inventory. It's not the soap, it's me.............sounds like an imminent breakup. 1st pass with the Sextoblade re-scaled just because I had an itch to scratch with it and 2 passes with the Kenyon. Have a great day Folks !
IMG_20211029_055214678_HDR.jpg

Friday 29th October

Omega S10081
Palmolive Shaving Cream
Mühle R41 0n a ball end Tech type handle
Supershave X #1
Yardley Gentleman Legacy EDP

The Suribachi bowl was bought in a 'Seconds' sale from Steve Woodhead many years ago. Today was it's first use as I I was worried about damaging my brush knots.
The inner surface is very rough....as it should be! A small dollop of cream resulted in enough lather to shave for a week!

Three passes for a top notch result :) Off to the dentist now I am afraid. At the start of the pandemic I shattered a tooth during one of my more stressful moments at work.
I was unable to get anything done at the time.....but it has finally caught up with me

... and while the Fat is slick and leaves the face feeling GREAT I just don't love it or reach for it much. On the fence with it on whether to keep it around as I reduce inventory. It's not the soap, it's me.............sounds like an imminent breakup.

I've seen you use it probably more times that I have in the last few weeks ... and I cite it as my favourite soap!

As Joni Mitchell said: "You don't know what you've got 'til it's gone ..."

I've seen you use it probably more times that I have in the last few weeks ... and I cite it as my favourite soap!

As Joni Mitchell said: "You don't know what you've got 'til it's gone ..."
That's true I guess but I've only used it maybe 3-4 times since buying it and it's been quite awhile. May need to check your memory on me using it recently :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Sotd-29-10-21.png
This morning - I wasn't going to shave today but where's the fun in that?

razor - Blackland Vector (on loan)
blade - Proshave (?7)
brush - Semogue 2015
soap - Signature Valentia
post - witch hazel
a/s - Epsilon
balm - Alvarez Gomez
scent - Homme de Caron edt.

I apologise for the frankly rubbish picture today - ruined by the barely perceptible ding in the soap tin. I blame Signature and @BrianH and his not fit for purpose packaging. Easily recycled or repurposed materials are not good enough and detract from the stellar performance of the contents. Due to the crap image I will lose thousands of YouTube likes and followers, my influence will wither. I'll have to - shudders - start paying for my shaving products like everyone else. Might I suggest pointlessly using unnecessary plastic tubs? Sod the dolphins - grinning icthyophagous bastards - if they are that smart they'd learn to tidy up the oceans themselves? If you do come to see reason B. might I further request that you produce them in a range of garish hues, so I can colour match with my scatter cushions and cat? You know it makes commercial sense mate. - yours - I

:):ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:;)

PreShave: Face wash then unscented Cube

Soap: HWF #2

Brush: Yaqi Heavy Metal

Razor: Feather AS D2

Blade: Astra SP #4

Post Shave: Alum block - Tabac balm

DE Shave #35

Shave #6 with the AS D2, although a close shave it isn't as comfortable for my face as the R6S / R2.
I will try it again but I have a feeling it is destined for the BST. :(

Back to the R6 for some blade testing until the Masamune arrives. :cool:

29/10/21
Pre - Shower, Cold water face rinse
Brush - Simpson Wee Scot
Soap - OSP Sandalwood
Razor - Colonial General V2
Blade - Feather PB (6)
Post - Cold water Rinse, TC's infused Witch Hazel
Balm - Barts Balm Amber and Moroccan Jasmine Balm & Lotion
A/S - OSP Sandalwood
Wk 43 (6).JPG
Oh man, that was a hard choice considering what turned up in the post today, saying that i have waited a long time so another day will not make a lot of difference.
The General V2 is an SE master in my books and gave a sterling performance today. All good.
Stay safe and enjoy your day All

Back
Top Bottom