Lather: Extrò Caffè.
Brush: Zenith Butterscotch 505BK SE.
Razor: Tatara Masamune SB.
Blade: Voskhod (#4).

Take care and have a nice day!

SOTD : 23rd October 2021.

29.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Nivea Men Power Fresh Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
FatFace Ocean Escape Soap Bar.
Brush: Semogue 830.
Face Lather.
Lather: Scottish Fine Classic Shaving Soap.
Blade: Parker Premium Platinum.( D1)
Razor: Parker 89r.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezings, Cold Water Face Rinse. /Homemade (~Autumn/Winter mix~) peppermint lavender, eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./Denim Original ASL./Nivea Men Fresh Kick ASB./Denim Original EdT.

Greetings,

A new shave set up to start the weekend...It's been a while since I last added the Parker Premium Platinum blades to my blade rotation....They aren't the sharpest of blades, but are very smooth and forgiving Pairing together with the efficient 89r wonderfully.

A enjoyable 2 pass + pick ups close comfortable shave with no errors to report.

Finishing the shave off with a few small squirts of Denim Original EdT to the chest & pulse points.

My face is feeling silky smooth & smelling old school divine. ;)

Stay safe, and enjoy the start of the weekend ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

SOTD 23-Oct
DSC02487.jpg
Brush: C&H 'Longtown'
Soap: P&B Spitfire
Razor: Hawk V3-A
Blade: Feather ProGuard (3)

A journey back in time to one of the soap scents that kicked off this whole rabbit warren saga. Nothing has changed with regards to my opinion of the scent, it is honestly one of my all time favourites.

The only thing that has changed is my opinion of the soap performance, once I considered it to be the ultimate dogs danglies, experience and plenty of experimentation has changed my mind. Don't get me wrong, it's still good but it's not the best (one man's opinion).

Previously I only had the balm, the splash is a recent acquisition. Compared to other splashes I use it is a lot more drying, but it carries a fair whack of scent, if it's long lasting I'm more than willing to deal with that!

Hope everyone has an absolutely cracking weekend!

Cheers

Marc

Saturday, 23 October

PreShave: Warm to hot water—from the tap
Cream: GFT Eucris
Brush: Kent BK8
Bowl: My recycled T&H cream bowl
Razor: Merkur 39C
Blade Astra sp (1)
Post Shave: Alum

Fragrance: Eucrus

Today’s SOTD was a fine, three-pass shave with my usual Saturday setup, including the traditional Astra. Have a good start to the weekend folks.

Pre-shave:- Cold Shower
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- RazoRock Hive Moaksoft HD Synth. 24/53mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Mitchell's Wool Fat
Razor/Blade:- Muhle Rocca R94 / Wizamet SI #5
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Invite E High Potency Pure Oil (10 drops), Natural Plant Glycerin (20) & Tea Tree Oil Antiseptic (5)
Fragrance:- Tabac Craftsman

PreShave: Shower then unscented Cube

Soap: Yaqi Malibu

Brush: Rocky Mountain Best Badger

Razor: R6S / R2

Blade: Feather #3

Post Shave: Alum block - Castle Forbes Parma Violet balm

DE Shave #30

Lovely close shave with no nicks or weepers but face feels a little prickly. I think this is down to the brush as I had this feeling after using it previously. I'll use the same soap with a synth brush for next shave.

Have a great weekend all.

Saturday October 23, 2021
Razor: Gillette New Improved
Blade: Wizamet
Brush: Trotter Handcraft
Soap: Spearhead Seaforth Spiced
AS 1: Humphrey's Alcoholado Maravilla 70
AS 2: Florida Water
Fragrance: Viktor & Rolf Spicebomb
Consecutive Daily Shaves - # 1,081
Received this razor all shiny silver but decided to allow it to develop it's paitina again over time. For now it is a gold tint on most of it and a blueish on the cap. Have a great day everyone................Now where's that Coffee and Pie !!
IMG_20211022_083635295_HDR (1).jpg
IMG_20211022_173224508_HDR.jpg
IMG_20211023_064607499_HDR.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom