Brush: Trotter Handcrafts - "Bats in the Butterscotch"
Soap: Los Jabones de Joserra - Black Rose
Postshave: Thayers - Rose
Blade: Astra Superior

Thursday AM 2021-10-28
National Immigrants Day
RgW0mRb.jpg

Rooney 3/2 Ivory Finest (24/58)
XPEC Original shaving cream (vintage Forester Milan version) + Moroccan Rose Absolute
LASSC BBS-1/Triad Aristocrat Brass & SS
Wilkinson Light Brigade (7)
Aramis Tuscany aftershave

Nothing makes better lather than the first-version XPEC, and a few drops of the rose absolute lightened its heavy Oriental scent nicely.
L3pLG7C.jpg

Thursday 28th October

AM-JKLWHBqE5ZjAtUm4sVlEZ38KmFKjxkyltkcmALQBYP3oM--wbQrgpqfxrsUsvQ44wULXE-bl-dwR0bWG02l1rvajjKUedxJaCnmV48Jtranr2jngY89FpxqQwkTZ75tfCJ53uQc4fafkYRS6wHhA98qfgaQ=s800

Ganders Goat Soap w/Hop, Sage & Birch
TDS Shaving Soap (Blend)
Omega S-Brush 10005 w/Synthetic Boar 24mm
GEM Featherweight (Olive Handle)
GEM by Personna (4)
Novaya Zarya Russian Forest Cologne (as Aftershave)

Back on the single edge tonight ...

I've almost finished a trio of TDS samples kindly sent to me by @Jester some months ago, so I squished them all together to make a fun blend - I have Juniper, Rose & Lilac. The combined scent put me very much in mind of Novaya Zarya's Russian Forest Cologne, which is more like a floral glade than a deep forest. Perfect partners!

I've had one of these S-Brush brushes from Omega before and simply cannot recollect using it. I bought another. I hoped for a kinda synthetic boar, which is it but time has moved on since Omega released this fibre and to be frank ... it's not as good as Cashmere for that super-soft synthetic boar feel. It's good. It doesn't at all sling like I thought it would as it's a very spring knot.

I have a feeling it would be more at home in a long handled "professional" format and I might well pull the knot and drop it into a handle that I have from DS Cosmetics, which has a pretty rank boar in it at the moment.

SOTD 29-Oct
DSC02521.jpg
Brush: Lemon Drop 26mm Boar
Soap: A&E Barbiere Sofisticato
Razor: CB Karve Brass (D)
Blade: GSB (2)

Good shave this morning, finally finished the A&E (adhering to one in one out...only just), I'll miss the scent but I'm not a huge fan of the softness of the soap.

The Karve though, I'm definitely set on the D plate as a daily, I'll hold on to a couple of the upper plates but might get shot of the others.

Hope everyone has a grand day and is ready for the weekend!

Cheers

Marc

Another first run out for me, today it was the Aristocrat obtained from @Tommo in BST. I'm a fan of it instantly!
Stirling Mountain Man sample whipped into shape with the Stirling 24 fan.
2 passes, with the second a cross/cross/against/with franken pass. DFS anyway.
Finished off with Campania as I was trying to match another splash up as I didn't get the splash with the sample, maybe if I go for the full size soap, I could......must stop......possibly....get the matching splash too!

Attachments

• IMG_20211029_100600__01.jpg
    IMG_20211029_100600__01.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 5
Been slacking recently with SOTD... Busy busy busy!

I think I've gone through a good number of samples recently so decided to move onto Autumn ish scents for a while - first one being Pomona.

Great sweet darkish scent. SW scents are definitely not everyone's cup of tea (Yes, I'm looking at you Valley of Ashes and Lycanthropy), whilst others are great! I love the Necromantic the most out of the offering, with Fougere Nemeta being close second. Pomona is great too - that's why it stayed in the den (or more like my chest of treasures!).

Went at it with my black and white grizzly bay fanchurian brush - think I should have loaded for a bit longer, but then again I'm not as familiar with this brush since I've only used it once or twice. I'm still debating whether to put it up for sale or not - love the visual aspect of the brush, however I'm so so on the knot - wish it had a bit more backbone. Will use it throughout the weekend and decide after whether it makes the cut... or whether I should move it on.

3 Passes for DFS+ The razor performed well again - I haven't experienced any other ATT razors but definitely do like this one - nice and smooth, and nice degree of aggressiveness. Gillette Silver Blue are definitely right up there at the top with my favourite blades - it's a second or third GSB blade that I've used recently - and must say I'm quite happy with them! Smooth and sharp - just how I like it!

Enjoy your shaves Ladies and Gentlemen!

Back
Top Bottom