SOTD : Saturday 23 to Friday 29 of October of 2021

And a loaned shave themed 'Tatara Nodachi, tatty or natty?''

20211028_173119.jpg

Tata - Tatara nodachi
Ta ta - Gillette 7 O'clock
Tatta - Yaqi Dandelion
Tartar - Signature Soaps Londinium
Ta ta ta ta - Goutal Eau De Monsieur

So a razor named after an Indian truck manufacturer and a Japanese Sword and looks Jack shit like either.

On this occasion a shave made possible by a very kind Loan from @Boycie83 and which by the end of this SOTD you will realise he will not be getting it returned

Firstly one realises this is a very nicely Engineered and manufactured razor from the offset. The fit and finish are top notch, although I do like shiny and in this case it would be stunning if it was. But hey, it's a function and a very nice one at that.

Being somewhat disappointed with my last Polsilver Lodz adventure (Me? Say a bad word for the Lodz? Indeed I did. Heretic) and a blade with a half life measured in minutes I decided the 7 O'clock might be a nice option. Last one in the tuck so you'd better perform you bastard.

Lay down the foundation with the tried, tested and trusted (More than I would Boycie) in the Chinese/Bolton duo and away we go on to the 'secondly' part of the Tatara.

Right from the offset I know this is right down my street. It is not as aggressive as they would have you think and in fact if the Masamune is the lesser of the two I don't think I could live with it. But as it is I find this Nodachi sits nicely between the two ends of the scale and feels mighty fine on the skin and just so so smooth. Another one of those razors you would have to great lengths to do any damage with. So easy to find the angle and throw around ones face like confetti at a wedding. Or money at a solicitor some years down the line.

Perfect around the chin and for anywhere else for that matter. I am going to stick my neck on the line here and say this Tatara is one of the best DE's I have come across to date. Up there with the Hone yet giving a damn close finish nearly the equal of the Ikon B1.

I really really like this razor and it is now on the Christmas list. And yes, a DE, which is against my religion, but, it manages to sway my choice of shaving church.

Well I say it is on my Christmas list, but I can save myself some money by not returning it to its owner.

And I will nick his fucking sandwiches while at it.

Altogether one cracking shave and an effing Super finish with grin factor 10. Highly recommended and a great razor. Natty.

And why not finish on those super Band Maid girls and their new single. Sense

End of the week so wish you all beautiful and happy weekends and just to say......I love you all

Last edited:
Razor = Feather AS-D2
Blade = Gillette Super Thin Stainless ( 2 )
Brush = Shavemac Beehive 24mm 3 Band
Soap = Essence Of Scotland Berry Fields O’Blair
with matching splash
Balm = Nivea Daily Skin Lotion

0E3EC270-4F4A-4870-A3F2-26A822502278.jpegTidy shave today,

everything was superb apart from my sore back so was bent over struggling but hey shave comes first lol.
Everything about the shave was class.
The soap is a first for me & it’s superb,
can’t fault it at all.
Thinking about it the scent is probably more summery
The scent of Berries is like nothing iv ever smelt in a soap.
Just Class & can’t wait for tomorrow
All the best boys & Girls
Stay Safe

Last edited:
Friday AM 2021-10-29
National Cat Day
kqfeGam.jpg

Rooney Polo 2 Ivory Finest (28/60)
Czech & Speake Oxford and Cambridge shaving soap + Rose Geranium Absolute Hydrosol
Haircut & Shave P076-SB Copper/Triad Aristocrat Brass
Wilkinson Light Brigade (8)
Caldey Abbey aftershave
BlwPmaW.jpg

View attachment 79151
This morning - I wasn't going to shave today but where's the fun in that?

razor - Blackland Vector (on loan)
blade - Proshave (?7)
brush - Semogue 2015
soap - Signature Valentia
post - witch hazel
a/s - Epsilon
balm - Alvarez Gomez
scent - Homme de Caron edt.

I apologise for the frankly rubbish picture today - ruined by the barely perceptible ding in the soap tin. I blame Signature and @BrianH and his not fit for purpose packaging. Easily recycled or repurposed materials are not good enough and detract from the stellar performance of the contents. Due to the crap image I will lose thousands of YouTube likes and followers, my influence will wither. I'll have to - shudders - start paying for my shaving products like everyone else. Might I suggest pointlessly using unnecessary plastic tubs? Sod the dolphins - grinning icthyophagous bastards - if they are that smart they'd learn to tidy up the oceans themselves? If you do come to see reason B. might I further request that you produce them in a range of garish hues, so I can colour match with my scatter cushions and cat? You know it makes commercial sense mate. - yours - I

:):ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:;)
Like it Ian. I’m thinking of repurposing Iron Brew 2 litre bottle bases and elegantly finishing off with sellotaped cling wrap.By the way @Satanfriendly likes my old labels.

Back
Top Bottom