SOTD : Saturday 22nd May to Friday 28th May 2021.

26/05/21
Vintage Wednesday
Pre: Shower, Cold water Face wash
Brush: Simpson Chubby 2
Soap: Williams Mug Shaving Soap
Razor: Rolls Razor (1936)
Blade: Rolls Razor (1936)
Post shave: Alum, Cold water splash ,TC's Infused Witch Hazel
Balm: Bart's Balm Lime Balm & Lotion
Aftershave: Williams Musk

Wk21 (5).JPG
A very nice shave today with this wonderful set adopted from Paul @Blademonkey. 50 laps on the the leather before the shave for good measure.
I heavily loaded the CH2 on the Williams puck and a nice face lather gave plenty of lather for the shave, dipping the tips as i needed for the subsequent passes.
I normally follow my 2 pass straight routine with the Rolls Razor, however, today i went for a traditional 3 pass shave. Yes, the blade does not feel as smooth as a new DE blade although it is easily sharp enough to cope with my stubble. The 3rd pass was really smooth, i also decided to touch up the whirlpools to give me my 1st ever BBS with this set up. A rub with the Alum block gave very minor indication.
A very happy shaver today.
I finished of the Williams Wednesday theme with a rub of Barts Balm and a nice splash of the Williams Aqua Velva Musk,
I really enjoyed that!
Stay safe and enjoy your day All.

26/05/21
Vintage Wednesday
Pre: Shower, Cold water Face wash
Brush: Simpson Chubby 2
Soap: Williams Mug Shaving Soap
Razor: Rolls Razor (1936)
Blade: Rolls Razor (1936)
Post shave: Alum, Cold water splash ,TC's Infused Witch Hazel
Balm: Bart's Balm Lime Balm & Lotion
Aftershave: Williams Musk

View attachment 70569
A very nice shave today with this wonderful set adopted from Paul @Blademonkey. 50 laps on the the leather before the shave for good measure.
I heavily loaded the CH2 on the Williams puck and a nice face lather gave plenty of lather for the shave, dipping the tips as i needed for the subsequent passes.
I normally follow my 2 pass straight routine with the Rolls Razor, however, today i went for a traditional 3 pass shave. Yes, the blade does not feel as smooth as a new DE blade although it is easily sharp enough to cope with my stubble. The 3rd pass was really smooth, i also decided to touch up the whirlpools to give me my 1st ever BBS with this set up. A rub with the Alum block gave very minor indication.
A very happy shaver today.
I finished of the Williams Wednesday theme with a rub of Barts Balm and a nice splash of the Williams Aqua Velva Musk,
I really enjoyed that!
Stay safe and enjoy your day All.
Tony, it's great you are still loving your stainless steel Rolls set, as you know it's not as common place as the standard Rolls sets and to have the paperwork with it dating it to 1936 makes it even more desirable.
I hope you will continue to use and enjoy it.

Paul.

IMG_20210525_124530sm.jpg

My last shave featured LEA products, which are some of my favourite, inexpensive shave items, offering great value and which smell fantastic, reminding me of holidays in sunnier climes. Let’s face it all climes are sunnier than Scotland but you know what I mean.

I have their Classic soap - in an Executive Shaving bowl - together with the matching Classic aftershave which has a super fresh scent with a hint of sandalwood and moss. I actually prefer the scent of the balm and shavestick, which is even fresher and has been described as an aqua cologne. To me it smells of sun tan lotion which is a good thing!

The Blackland Vector has another outing. The Feather Pro on it’s fifth use was rough and I swapped to a new blade for the ATG pass. BBS once more. :)

Stay safe and enjoy your shaves!

Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Feather AC Pro (5) and (1)
Soap: LEA Classic
Brush: Stirling Butterscotch BB
Pre-shave: PAA Cube
Post-shave: LEA balm and Classic aftershave
Bowl: Executive Shaving

Tony, it's great you are still loving your stainless steel Rolls set, as you know it's not as common place as the standard Rolls sets and to have the paperwork with it dating it to 1936 makes it even more desirable.
I hope you will continue to use and enjoy it.

Paul.
It's always a pleasure to use it Paul, although the 1st couple of strokes are always a bit daunting until I get into the flow. Of the 3 usable sets I have this one is my favourite.
T

SOTD 26-May
20210526_150231.jpg
Prep: Warm shower and PAA Cube (unscented)
Brush: PAA Peregrino
Soap: OSP/Shaving Station Belgravia Barbershop
Razor: Razorock Hawk SS V3 'A'
Blade: Feather Pro Guard
Post: Cold Water followed by OSP/Shaving Station Belgravia Barbershop Splash

Thought I'd give the cube a try out, and wow does it ever make a difference...

No...no it does not. Although I'm probably not being entirely fair, the OSP/Shaving Station soap does it's job so well it may just be that I don't feel the benefit. So perhaps next time I'll have a root around for a naff soap (I'm sure I have one lurking around somewhere) and see if it manages to kick it up a notch, we shall see.

Hope everyone has a grand day.

Cheers

Marc

SoTd
Just had a lovely shave..had another go on the finishing stone today with the little gold dollar, been rewatching a video that was recommended to me of a Japanese style of honing that I really quite liked the look of so watched it through again and gave it a try today.

It was nice and simple and it just suited me I really started to get the hang of it, taking it very slow still but felt as though I was getting somewhere think this will be the style I stick to I really like it. Not sure I’m confident enough to take an expensive razor to the stone yet but in time with more practice..in no rush !

The shave itself was quite nice smooth and sharp..really enjoyed the SV not used it in a while feeling nice and smooth and refreshed
53A4FEF7-31D7-41A6-A3D2-B0CC90534F8C.jpeg

Wednesday AM 2021-05-26
National Paper Airplane Day
0UjI5Ph.jpg

Rooney 1/1 Faux Horn Finest (22/45)
Floris No. 89 shaving cream
LASSC BBS-1/UFO Titan Fine
Wilkinson London Bridge (15)
Floris No. 89 aftershave (vintage)

XukQhQi.jpg

Wednesday 26th May

ACtC-3eOl2n5q2yciMPwehJzU5z5T6iKkV5wswSwdbUuIuMymEGkRQOk-Wot8MnvwmUgdRw19yrtzuqe4_SFa8A5AnNaJPxVOcrHUM0XTa28UOaw3ZElvQhfa6osViL8-i-iDFpbyc9N-F8xcIe4drZNz-7xNw=w1200

Ganders Goat Soap w/Hop, Sage & Birch
TDS Lilac Shaving Soap
RazoRock 400 (Orange) w/Omega 28mm Professional Boar
Yaqi AC V1 w/Muhle Rocca R95 Handle
Schick Proline P30 (7)
Novaya Zarya Русский Лес (Russian Forest) Cologne

Much thanks to @Jester for the TDS samples - today, I'm using the Lilac which is not the powdery sweet of Pinaud's but with a lively depth and like the Rose, something most definitely darker about it which I think is a sub-note of Lily of the Valley. It's more in the Ralph Lauren Polo ballpark than Pinaud.

I got the seven shaves I set out to from the Schick ProLine but I think that was about it for my face. I wondered if I might regret yesterday's shave with the regrowth, but it's been fine. Tonight was straining, so two pass and touch-ups. Good to have tried the blade, though. I've said it before, I think I'm a Feather fellow.

Again, a smashing Russian Cologne to finish off ...

Fragrantica pens it as: Русский Лес by Nouvelle Etoile (Новая Заря) is a Aromatic fragrance for women and men. Русский Лес was launched in 1982. Top notes are Mint and Bergamot; middle notes are iris, Rose, Caraway and Cinnamon; base notes are Woody Notes, Oakmoss, Vanilla and Patchouli.

Like a sunlit flowery glade in the middle of a forest.

Champion!

Back
Top Bottom