SOTD : Saturday 21th May - Friday 27th May 2022.

Razor = Feather AS-D2
Blade = Gillette Super Thin Platinum ( 2 )
Brush = 24mm Butterscotch Rooney in Best
Soap = Geo F Trumper Spanish Leather sample with matching cologne & Balm
833DA0D1-E15D-4F88-A0E4-530B00D26326.jpeg
Cracking Shave today thanks to @Gairdner
He kindly sent me a generous sample of Spanish Leather,probably enough for a half dozen shaves.
I Also bought this brush from him & managed to snap it up before it went on the bst.
At first i was thinking of changing the knot but at the moment i’m going to leave it as is.
The brush performed superbly & actually better than i had imagined considering it’s best badger.
The cream was first class & definitely one i’m going to buy, but hopefully i’ll leave it until a trip to London which should be in the next month.
For me the soap is first class as is the cologne & balm or the new preferred name skin food.
Don’t get me wrong i can perhaps understand the younger guy not taking to the scent but saying that does the younger guy like Old Spice, I guess everyone in to wet shaving does like these traditional scents.
Overall it was a 10/10 shave and a big thank you to @Gairdner for introducing me to a new scent.
I don’t know why but i seem to dismiss all these traditional soaps that have been the mainstay for decades.
Enjoy Your Sunday Guys
Stay Safe

SOTD Sunday 22/05
Pre: hot shower and Cella bio pre shave gel
Soap: Martin de Candre Vetiver sample
Brush: Yaqi Lucky Dice
Razor (head): Leaf with treet Platinum saloon style blades x3
Razor (face): Karve Overlander with Henson RK blade (1st use)

Best shave I've had in a while, literally everything just clicked. First time using Martin de Candre and wow I can see what all the fuss is about, outstanding performance - especially for a non tallow based soap.

Attachments

• PXL_20220522_153504210.jpg
    PXL_20220522_153504210.jpg
    263.6 KB · Views: 8
21d65c2f205c96aa7e14be864f208512.jpg

IMG_20220522_182455.jpgEdwin Jagger 3one6
Polsilver
Simpsons T3
Fine Accoutrements Italian Citrus soap and aftershave

Shave report: Stunning shave. The Simpsons Trafalgar is fast becoming a favourite. The Fine soap is one of my all favourites, performance and scent are top draw...and the 3one6 is now my favourite razor.

Have a great week Gents. ✊
Cheers
Rob

22/05/2022

Razor: Oren Nano
Blade: Kai Pink Titan Mild (1)
Brush: Oumo Exceed Lotus Manchuria
Soap: SV Felce Aromatica

20220522_103410.jpg

I wasn't sure how this brush would be but it was fantastic. If you like scrub, this is not the brush for you. This may be the softest brush I've ever used. My only gripe is the ergonomics. I think the intent of the ergonomics is great but it doesn't quite work on a slim hand like mine. I could feel the edge of the handle in my palm. It's not a huge turnoff but stops the brush being a perfect item for me. It looks amazing though - have I said that already?

22/05/2022

Razor: Oren Nano
Blade: Kai Pink Titan Mild (1)
Brush: Oumo Exceed Lotus Manchuria
Soap: SV Felce Aromatica

View attachment 88379

I wasn't sure how this brush would be but it was fantastic. If you like scrub, this is not the brush for you. This may be the softest brush I've ever used. My only gripe is the ergonomics. I think the intent of the ergonomics is great but it doesn't quite work on a slim hand like mine. I could feel the edge of the handle in my palm. It's not a huge turnoff but stops the brush being a perfect item for me. It looks amazing though - have I said that already?

It does, doesn't it! That is a very attractive brush! Shame about the filthy badger clod - I might have bought one otherwise.

Razor = Feather AS-D2
Blade = Gillette Super Thin Platinum ( 2 )
Brush = 24mm Butterscotch Rooney in Best
Soap = Geo F Trumper Spanish Leather sample with matching cologne & Balm
View attachment 88375
Cracking Shave today thanks to @Gairdner
He kindly sent me a generous sample of Spanish Leather,probably enough for a half dozen shaves.
I Also bought this brush from him & managed to snap it up before it went on the bst.
At first i was thinking of changing the knot but at the moment i’m going to leave it as is.
The brush performed superbly & actually better than i had imagined considering it’s best badger.
The cream was first class & definitely one i’m going to buy, but hopefully i’ll leave it until a trip to London which should be in the next month.
For me the soap is first class as is the cologne & balm or the new preferred name skin food.
Don’t get me wrong i can perhaps understand the younger guy not taking to the scent but saying that does the younger guy like Old Spice, I guess everyone in to wet shaving does like these traditional scents.
Overall it was a 10/10 shave and a big thank you to @Gairdner for introducing me to a new scent.
I don’t know why but i seem to dismiss all these traditional soaps that have been the mainstay for decades.
Enjoy Your Sunday Guys
Stay Safe
Fantastic post my Hibernian friend! I am humbled by your thanks and glad you enjoyed the Spanish Leather. A timeless, refined and iconic scent which I hope never to be without. Next up, Eucris. Solvency will need to be attained first though…

Back
Top Bottom