SOTD : Saturday 21th May - Friday 27th May 2022.

And today's shave arrives complete with the theme, 'Plagiarism II'

20220520_103541.jpg

As I have mentioned in the past @Palmolive fox and his recipes set the standard for me to theme my shaves (More than likely much to your displeasure). So in homage to the great man and fellow shavateer I give you....

'Now go away please, I am cooking one of Mr Fox's shaving recipes'

Shaving Recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Lynx Africa Body Wash.

Que?

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face & Head

I had a piss

Chantry Lavender Goat's Milk Bar Signature's Valentia soap.
Brush: Yaqi AP Shaving 24mm Cashmere Sagrada Familia (No family member used and especially not one of the Sagrada's) Synthetic.
Bowl Lather. Face lather
Bowl: Home Bargains Stainless Steel Side Bowl. Stainless face
Lather: LEA Classic Sensitive Shaving Cream. Oh. As before
Blade : Schick Japanese Twin.(D1) Polsilver Lodz
Razor: Schick I1 Injector. 1955-58 Ikon B1
Postcard: Parakeet from Carracas. Barry. Please forward me your address and I will send you one of a budgie in Bootle.

Cold water Face & Head Wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face & Head Rinse. / Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.3 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./Nivea Men Fresh Moisturising Gel ./Milton Lloyd The Man Silver EdT. Botanica moisturiser the rest is too complicated for me

Greetings, Hello

(Face & head shave.)

A new shave set up to start the weekend...Old hat stuff for me Maiden shave with the Schick I1 Injector razor which was kindly gifted to me by -Iain @Digimonkey along with a fresh Schick Twin Injector blade, with it's magazine containing a few extra blades, the LEA classic shaving cream and last but not least the Parakeet from Carracas Postcard of which i will added into my collage glass clip frame of other postcards i have received from family & friends over the years that is hung on my kitchen wall.

I don't have any friends and if I did they wouldn't be for long. The last time I received a postcard was 1977 and then I sent it back. They never received it

I shall be using the Schick I1 & Schick Japanese Twin blade with all my Shave's throughout the week to adjust and familiarize myself with them.

I shall be using the Ikon all week as it is all I have brought away with me.

What instantly impressed me about the Schick I1 was it's immaculate condition... Like the Schick G type i found my shaving angle which feels quite natural i instantly felt comfortable and at ease.

The audio feedback you get from the razor make's the razor sound more aggressive than it actually is.

The Schick Japanese Twin blades are incredibly smooth and efficient comparing them with the Parker SS & the Personna PTFE SS...Very impressive.

The Ikon is a God

As i have mentioned many time's in my postings i love the audio feedback and feel you get from vintage SE & injector razors. It's a very satisfying sound and more importantly it's reminding me that i'm using the correct shaving angle.

As good as it gets for me

A close comfortable face & head shave with no errors to report....Finishing the shave off with a few small squirts of Milton Lloyd The Man Silver EdT to the chest & pulse points.

Can't be having with any smelling nice today. A tug boat with a bunch of hairy arsed sailors?

My face & precious swede are feeling silky smooth & gilded turnip is fine and I am smelling divine. ;) like an old dead trout.

Stay safe, and enjoy the start of the all of your weekend ladies & gentlemen. :cool:. Ladies and gentlemen reveal yourselves.

And as a special for Barry and for doing all the hard work for me I am delighted to give you the choice of which Japanese ladies you would like today. Provided it is Otoboke beaver and sounds like this.........

Barry. You are a great man and keep up with your recipes. Love your hard work and time taken to be descriptive and honest.

Unlike me

Vintage SotD

Vintage Plisson - Shaving Brush.
Vintage Gillette - Shaving Cream.
Vintage Gillette Aristocrat (1934, first TTO One-Piece) - Safety Razor.
Vintage 4711 SIR Champaca - After Shave.
Vintage 4711 SIR Champaca - EdC.

43647802db.jpg

43647803cz.jpg

43647806ow.jpg

43647807ci.jpg

43647808am.jpg

43647809cl.jpg

Razor = Karve CB Aluminium ( D )
Blade = Gillette Super Thin Platinum ( 1 )
Brush = Rich Man Shaving 30mm High Density Silver Tip Manchurian
Soap = Mdc Rose
Parfume = Rose Taifi Pure Parfum Oil Sample
Balm = Executive Shaving Fragrance Free
F6F54FA5-C13F-41AC-AC97-60B09E132B97.jpegAbsolute Top drawer shave.
I hadn’t shaved in 3 days due to a nick on the last one.
The brush was a first for me & at 30mm the biggest i own.
The Mdc i hadn’t used in months and a terrible lovely smelling creamy lather.
Now i smell like a rose bush lol.
The Parfum was new to me also and iv never experienced an oil before, well i have really but not in this quality.
All the way from Saudi Arabia it’s a joy although i used far to much.
Enjoy Your Weekend
Stay Safe

Last edited:
Saturday 21st May

AM-JKLUGafJ6E9ZGzwJihPSG6RSDauwWl8H0mVVwPLAie4LYEa4gOPoL1av4kqr185QJb7i1-gAGLlyVY8viwN-sQjBVzxsbH9gu2AQ7bItZxFRL94ZK_KEpjoncmyyKrmw5DKi9Foho8xl23X6tGk18dadxbA=s800

Ganders Goat Soap w/Hop, Sage & Birch
Arko Shaving Stick (Grated)
Razorock 400 Limited Edition w/Plissoft Noir Synthetic 24mm
Wilkinson Sword 'Sticky' (Vintage) & Lamix Platinum Plus (1)
Brut Attraction Totale Aftershave

It has been a few years since I used a 'Sticky' ...

I bought a shaver-grade a good few years back and thought it a really nice razor, but being an absolutely addicted razor collector (well, more buyer than collector) with well over a thousand purchases to his name, I consolidated my hoarding into a collection centered around one SE and one DE: the 1912 and the Tech. Everything else, pretty much, went ... including that 'Sticky'.

I spotted one the other day and popped an initial bid on it with a little extra to top up ... and it was pursued by another bidder, but didn't burst my retainer. It came with a case, but no blades. Every plastic cased tuck fits just perfectly into the blade slot. It all cleaned up really well and the razor itself is in lovely shape.

The shave?

First time with a Lamix and I have to say, I'm impressed! It's smooth ... and sharp, so nothing to dislike. To my face, it's certainly in the same tradition as Indian Platinum blades, as classy as the SuperMax Blue Diamond Platinum if a little sharper ... placing it pretty much between the (Sharp) 7AM Hi-Platinum (8.7 in my books) and the Lancet Sharp Edge Super Platinum (8.9). So, 8.8. For comparison, I hold the SuperMax Blue Diamond Platinum at 8.5 and the Gillette Winner Special Platinum at 9.0. I don't rate Russian Gillette Platinum blades very highly, but that's my preference. I do like Indian Platinum and, again, this is in that class. I'd even go as far as to say that if the near perfect Personna Platinum Chrome was having a bad day, it might be this blade.

Smooth and satisfied from a single pass with touch-ups.
Much enjoyed!

FCA4D1B6-9AD7-4B67-8473-6342889679BB.jpeg

SOTD: 21/05/2022

Razor: Henson AL13
Blade: Astra SP, 2nd use
Brush: Yaqi Sagrada Familia
Bowl: Yaqi Plastic Bowl
Preshave: PAA Cube Unscented Soap
Soap: Stirling Campania Puck
Aftershave: Stirling Campania EDT
Balm: L’Oréal All In 1 Moisturising Cream Balm
Additional Care: Osma Laboratoires Alum Block

A great shave today for our weekend away in the caravan. The Henson has been taken away for the weekend and it performed amazingly again. I bought myself a Yaqi plastic shaving bowl for the caravan and it was actually much better than I thought it would be. The shave was effortless again and the Henson has already been promoted to my travel shaver as well as in my normal rotation.
Have a good weekend guys.

EJ 3ONE6 | Lord Platinum | ShedEleven Carnethy in Yew & Cashmere | Spitfire Soap, Splash & Solid Cologne | Boot’s Freshwood Balm

I’m very much looking forward to the splendour of a deep nickel lustre on this classy Englishman after I send it to John June for his excellent services.

AE6B9899-9F8F-4655-A6C9-8F034CBB8321.jpeg
EA03A593-2173-4550-A546-0C3E7E1505C4.jpeg

Enjoy the rest of your weekend, chaps.

Last edited:
EJ 3ONE6 | Lord Platinum | ShedEleven Carnethy in Yew & Cashmere | Spitfire Soap, Splash & Solid Cologne | Boot’s Freshwood Balm

I’m very much looking forward to the splendour of a deep nickel lustre on this classy Englishman after I send it to John June for his excellent services.

View attachment 88339
View attachment 88340

Enjoy the rest of your weekend, chaps.
Graeme What’s your thoughts on these solid Colognes ?
Iv never tried them but find them interesting

Ps What a classy brush
Reminds me of my wife ;)

Back
Top Bottom