SOTD : Saturday 21th May - Friday 27th May 2022.

SOTD 20220521
Prep: Razorock pre barba
Bowl: Ceramiche di Sicilia
Brush: Wald Shaving Nimbus Raven J3
Soap: Razorock Santa Maria Novella
Razor: H&S 076 17-4 on full knurled TI handle
Blade: Asco Super Stainless
AS: Razorock Santa Maria Novella

SOTD_20220521.jpg

Best Regards
Marco

Saturday 21st May

AM-JKLUGafJ6E9ZGzwJihPSG6RSDauwWl8H0mVVwPLAie4LYEa4gOPoL1av4kqr185QJb7i1-gAGLlyVY8viwN-sQjBVzxsbH9gu2AQ7bItZxFRL94ZK_KEpjoncmyyKrmw5DKi9Foho8xl23X6tGk18dadxbA=s800

Ganders Goat Soap w/Hop, Sage & Birch
Arko Shaving Stick (Grated)
Razorock 400 Limited Edition w/Plissoft Noir Synthetic 24mm
Wilkinson Sword 'Sticky' (Vintage) & Lamix Platinum Plus (1)
Brut Attraction Totale Aftershave

It has been a few years since I used a 'Sticky' ...

I bought a shaver-grade a good few years back and thought it a really nice razor, but being an absolutely addicted razor collector (well, more buyer than collector) with well over a thousand purchases to his name, I consolidated my hoarding into a collection centered around one SE and one DE: the 1912 and the Tech. Everything else, pretty much, went ... including that 'Sticky'.

I spotted one the other day and popped an initial bid on it with a little extra to top up ... and it was pursued by another bidder, but didn't burst my retainer. It came with a case, but no blades. Every plastic cased tuck fits just perfectly into the blade slot. It all cleaned up really well and the razor itself is in lovely shape.

The shave?

First time with a Lamix and I have to say, I'm impressed! It's smooth ... and sharp, so nothing to dislike. To my face, it's certainly in the same tradition as Indian Platinum blades, as classy as the SuperMax Blue Diamond Platinum if a little sharper ... placing it pretty much between the (Sharp) 7AM Hi-Platinum (8.7 in my books) and the Lancet Sharp Edge Super Platinum (8.9). So, 8.8. For comparison, I hold the SuperMax Blue Diamond Platinum at 8.5 and the Gillette Winner Special Platinum at 9.0. I don't rate Russian Gillette Platinum blades very highly, but that's my preference. I do like Indian Platinum and, again, this is in that class. I'd even go as far as to say that if the near perfect Personna Platinum Chrome was having a bad day, it might be this blade.

Smooth and satisfied from a single pass with touch-ups.
Much enjoyed!
I Love The Sticky & find it so underrated.
Everyone talking about this vintage or that vintage but rarely the Sticky gets a mention.
Well Done on the find

Graeme What’s your thoughts on these solid Colognes ?
Iv never tried them but find them interesting

Ps What a classy brush
Reminds me of my wife ;)
Rich, seductive and shapely? Just like Matron…

No convinced on the solid colognes but I love the Spitfire scent. The splash is EdT strength though so a little on the pulse points as well as yer coupon lasts all day. Not as good as Spanish Leather but totally unique. Braw stuff.

SOTD : 22nd May 2022.

2.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Lynx Africa Body Wash.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Chantry Lavender Goat's Milk Bar Soap.
Brush: Yaqi 24mm Sagrada Familia Synthetic.
Bowl Lather.
Bowl : Home Bargains Stainless Steel Side Bowl.
Lather: OSP Grapefruit & Menthol Shaving Cream.
Blade: Schick Japanese Twin. (D2)
Razor: Schick I1 Injector. 1955-58

Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face Rinse./ Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.3 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./ Yelken Lemon Eau De Cologne./Nivea Men Fresh Kick ASB.

A relaxing Sunday morning shave.

The OSP Grapefruit & Menthol cream provided a great wake up call to my face sensors this morning.

Another close comfortable enjoyable shave with the Schick I1 Injector with no errors to report...Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of Nivea Men Fresh Kick ASB.

My face is feeling cool, smooth & smelling divine. ;)

Stay Safe, and enjoy your Sunday Ladies & Gentlemen. :cool:

Sun 22nd May

Alpha G4 Syn 28mm
MWF
Claymore Evolution
Feather Pro ( 4 )
Tuff Red A/S Lotion

The Evo is becoming my to go Razor when I am out for the day officiating. Very nice to know that you are going to get a Top Notch mishap free Shave with ease, and again the Evo was the provider.
Forecast for the day looks good, which is nice as doing paperwork in the rain is not fun. Enjoy what is left of The Weekend.

6D5EAFAB-F1A2-4BD8-A6D7-D57A96C26A69.jpeg

SOTD 22-May
20220516_123012.jpg
Brush: C&H 'Finned' V14
Soap: GFT Eucris
Razor: Gillette Old Revamp
Blade: GSB (2)

Good shave this morning, though the rex did such a good job yesterday that I could have passed on today's shave, but the gear was out so I couldn't say no. Very strong scent on this Eucris but it's very nice, I could never describe it without referring to its own tag lines, but it seems to be a nostalgic scent for me. My nose would swear my grandad used something like this.

Either which way topped up smooth finish and ready for the day ahead. Turning my hand to try and make tamales tonight so that should be entertaining, my usual Mexican repertoire is about as diverse as morrisons shelf.

Hope everyone has a grand day!

Cheers

Marc

Prep: washed face with warm water in bowl.
Brush; Omega Boar, soaked in bowl of warm water , 3 mins.
Soap; Signature Soaps Galava - excellent.
Razor; Rockwell 6S R4
Blade; Gillette yellow.
ASB; None
Moisturiser; Kiehls
3 pass shave leaving a brilliant smooth dolphin like finish - smug. Have a good day everyone.

Prep: washed face with warm water in bowl.
Brush; Omega Boar, soaked in bowl of warm water , 3 mins.
Soap; Signature Soaps Galava - excellent.
Razor; Rockwell 6S R4
Blade; Gillette yellow.
ASB; None
Moisturiser; Kiehls
3 pass shave leaving a brilliant smooth dolphin like finish - smug. Have a good day everyone.
Cheers Pete. Have a great day. Best Regards Brian

Sun 22 SOTD
Soap Barrister & Mann Seville
Brush Yaqi 26mm Moka Express 2 Band Badger
Razor Gillette New SC
Blade Persona X Series 14th use
Aftershave Stirling Witchhazel Orange Chill + B&M Seville Splash
Another wonderful soap! Lovely scented with a rich creamy and slick lather...love it!
This blade is not showing any signs of slowing down. Paired with the excellent vintage razor, I had a very enjoyable, easy, smooth, and efficient 3pass shave without any issues for a surprisingly bbs finish. The matching aftershave was just great!!
20220522_110456.jpg

SOTD: 22/05/2022

Razor: Razorock Hawk V3A
Blade: Feather Pro, 3rd use
Brush: ZENITH Unbleached bristle chrome handle 2000 C XSE
Bowl: Captains Choice Copper Lather Bowl Standard Bowl
Preshave: Proraso Pre-Shave Cream Sensitive Cream
Soap: Stubble Buster Coastal Croap
Balm: Bart’s Balm Sample Balm
Additional Care: Osma Laboratoires Alum Block

Thought I’d try to use some old samples this week and started with the Stubble Buster Coastal. The base was great, the scent wasn’t strong when I got it and was a little odd today, not bad but not great. Not the greatest start to the sample week but I’ll persist until Friday at least. The rest of the shave was great though!
Enjoy the weekend guys.

Attachments

• 5A037426-F5A1-48F5-A0DF-EFF82E422AB2.jpeg
    5A037426-F5A1-48F5-A0DF-EFF82E422AB2.jpeg
    152.1 KB · Views: 8
SOTD Sunday the 22nd of May

Razor
- Edwin Jagger 3D
Blade - English Wilkinson Sword
Brush - Simpson Chubby 3 Super Badger
Soap - Floris Elite Shaving Soap
Post - Thayers Witch Hazel / Floris Elite ASB
Aftershave - Floris Elite Aftershave
Eau de Toilette - Floris Elite EdT

20220522_150106.jpg

:) (y)

Today's themed shave was 'Normality'

20220522_120608.jpg

I have control of the razor - Tatara Nodachi
Blade discipline - Polsilver Lodz
Brush regulation - Wee Whiskey Barrel
Soap subjection - The Bath House Spanish fig and nutmeg
Moisturiser management - Simple
Fat controller- Moi

'Mrs Satanfriendly takes control of Mr Satan's wayward nature and whips him in to being normal'

She has assumed control. She has assumed control.

I felt somewhat guilty for stealing Palmolive Fox's SOTD and obliterating it yesterday so today I thought I'd keep it down the straight and narrow, the smooth and beautiful. Not as though I would ever call myself beautiful or handsome. I would never steal that self proclaimed title from @Boycie83 . I may steal sweets from the granddaughters but they deserve it for being so torturous towards me. Having to play with dolls at my age is down right degrading. Never mind the embarrassment of having to admit I really am rubbish.

The shave? Absolutely, stonkingly brilliant. This Tatara was a far better purchase than my collection of Barbie dolls. A big
for team lather and big happy bunnies at the end of the day.

Have a great end to the weekend and for the week ahead.

And something a little more relaxed to end on. Can't wait till September when I get to see them live in Birkenhead. About the only live thing I will find there

Back
Top Bottom