SOTD: Saturday 21st - Friday 27th December 2019

Monday 23rd December

Brush - Yaqi Rainbow/Faux Horse
Soap - Lea Cream
Razor - Ball End Tech
Blade - MIC Gillette Wilk Sword (5)
Post - Witch Hazel/Nivea Cool Kick Balm
AS - Superdrug Forest Fresh

The MIC GWS was a little too sharp for the first few shaves but it was the most comfortable today. Very nice lather with the Yaqi Faux Horse and Lea Cream, it has a very nice sheen when applied with great slickness as well.

23/12/19

Razor: Supply V1 #2
Blade: Personna PTFE (5)
Brush: Semogue 1800
Soap: Dead Sea Shave Kraken
Pre: Proraso Red
ASL: Boots Bay Rum
ASB: Creightons

Another nice 2 pass today with a different Dead Sea Shave. Kraken is an awesome take on Bay Rum with more spice than clove. The smell has made me feel all festive. I've also enjoyed the boars the past couple of shaves.

Monday AM 2019-12-23

Moss Anniversary Slate scuttle
Rooney 3/3 Ivory Finest (26/60)
Crabtree & Evelyn Sienna shaving soap (vintage)
Wolfman WR1-OC 0.61/Triad Polished-Satin Diamond Titanium
Wilkinson London Bridge (7)
Crabtree & Evelyn Sienna aftershave (vintage)
xhH7DGK.jpg

ucYLqz6.jpg

Mon 23rd Dec

Stirling Syn. 30mm
Stirling Baker Street
PAL Injectomatic De Luxe
NOS Schick S/S- Holland ( 1 )
Pitralon Classic A/S Lotion

As a pre Xmas treat I used a new blade in the PAL. Those who have had the luck to try these Dutch blades know there is only one outcome - A very smooth Shave with an ultra close finish.

845CA79A-2A18-4B03-AF64-D46859D087C8.jpeg

SOTN Monday 23rd December 2019

Pre-shave - Warm rinse / Proraso White pre-shave cream
Brush - Stirling Soap Co. Finest Badger
Cream / Soap - Geo F. Trumpers Spanish Leather cream
Razor / Blade - Gillette Fatboy F2 / GSB (1)
Post-shave - Thayers Cucumber / Epsilon Blue aftershave / Bart's Balm Grapefruit and Pink Pepper aftershave balm

There's been a few posts today about the Fatboy razor so it wasn't too hard to think what would be my weapon of choice this evening. Paired with a new GSB it gave a really smooth shave with no irritation what so ever. I started at setting 4 for my first 2 passes then moved up to setting 7 for my ATG pass. The result was a BBS finish with no incidents.

The Epsilon gave very little burn and the Bart's Balm provided the soft finish it always does.

A divine shave.

2C597175-4978-49AA-83F8-88B03BF3FA8F.jpeg

Haven't taken a razor to the face in a few days nothing more than being busy. Needed an OC as a result and I have a few but the Timeless SS OC .95 is about the finest I have. Loaded up with a Polsilver IR and got down to the morning business.

Wanted to get back to trying out the new soaps and the TFS RasoZero Barbacco was the third of the bunch left. Barbershop meets fresh cut tobacco. Lovely stuff. Pre-shave was excellent and so was the soap itself.

Awesome two pass DFS/BBS. Just finished up a Halloween candle so I cleaned it all up and decided to put it to use. It's a glass skull and though not an original idea, pretty cool. Perfect for soaking the brush!

Rating: 5 / 5

Razor: Timeless Stainless Steel OC .95
Blade: Polsilver Super Iridium
Brush: Simpson Colonel X2L
Pre-Shave: Tcheon Fung Sing Rasozero Barbacco
Lather: Tcheon Fung Sing Rasozero Barbacco
Aftershave: Tcheon Fung Sing Linea Intenso - Ginestra di Taormina
Additional Care:
B.I.G. Co. Alum Block
Guerlain Homme L'eau Boisee

BFE195BF-32A1-4D61-8D2C-173485439206.jpeg

SOTD : 24th December 2019.

c.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/ Nivea Men Power Fresh Shower Gel.

Pre:

Warm wet flannel to my face.

Pears ~ Transparent Soap.

Brush: Yaqi 24mm Naples Synthetic.

Face Lather.

Soap: Wilkinson Sword Shave Stick.

Blade: Gillette Winner.(1)

Razor: Ming Shi 2000S. (Settings) wtg 2.5, xtg 2.5, atg + pick ups 3.

Cold Water Face Rinse./Homemade Lavender + Tea Tree Oil Witch Hazel Mixture./ Blue Stratos ~ ASL.

Aloe Vera Gel.

Greetings,

(Christmas Eve Shave)

Out of all my adjustable razors the Ming shi 2000s,is by far the most assertive/aggressive, it has a reputation of a very Love/Hate opinion razor within the wet shaving community...I was passed on mine from a friend, i also have a spare one too, both of them have good blade enlignment, it is however a very aggressive razor, even on it's lowest setting it's still a very efficient razor you must be it's master instantly when shaving .It also doesn't allow bad technique, or lack of concentration,and most importantly the lightest of touch and much respect is vital if not, it'll bite you for sure.

These are just my personal views,so don't be put off by my comments. I personally like the ming shi 2000s, but that's me,and everyone isn't the same as me..IMHO 99% of good shaving results is down to practising & learning your technique, good preparation a sharp blade that is suited to your skin type & gaining shaving confidence, and not to expect a sublime BBS shave everytime we shave...Enough said.

A wonderfully smooth 3 pass + pick ups near BBS christmas eve shave with no errors to report.

Finishing to the shave off with a generous dollop of Aloe Vera Gel.

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling devine.;)

Enjoy your christmas eve, ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

PS: To all members of TSR, have a wonderful safe & peaceful christmas day tomorrow whatever you may be doing.:giggle:

PSS: Be careful tomorrow when walking up & down the stairs in those dangerous christmas gift slippers!!!.:oops:

Last edited:
24/12/2019

Pre: Pears Transparent Original
Brush: Jayaruh #291
Soap: Proraso Red
Razor: ER 1914
Blade: Personna GEM PTFE (3)
Post shave: Homemade Witch hazel with added oils
Balm: Tabac Vintage
Aftershave: Tabac Original EDT

4.jpg

An earlier than usual shave today as i was up early on my day off.
Not a lot to go at after yesterdays very nice close shave.
A face Lather this morning with the JR #291 which has a very good backbone and it whipped up the Proraso Red to a great slick chin covering.
2 easy passes with the 1914, XTG & ATG. No alum block today, just a splash of witch hazel infused with some Neroli & Orange essential oils.
It took longer to clean up than shave today. Quick but very enjoyable.
DFS+ result feeling good & smelling very Kojak.

Enjoy your Christmas Eve All, i hope you're all ready for tomorrow.

24/12/2019

Pre: Pears Transparent Original
Brush: Jayaruh #291
Soap: Proraso Red
Razor: ER 1914
Blade: Personna GEM PTFE (3)
Post shave: Homemade Witch hazel with added oils
Balm: Tabac Vintage
Aftershave: Tabac Original EDT

4.jpg

An earlier than usual shave today as i was up early on my day off.
Not a lot to go at after yesterdays very nice close shave.
A face Lather this morning with the JR #291 which has a very good backbone and it whipped up the Proraso Red to a great slick chin covering.
2 easy passes with the 1914, XTG & ATG. No alum block today, just a splash of witch hazel infused with some Neroli & Orange essential oils.
It took longer to clean up than shave today. Quick but very enjoyable.
DFS+ result feeling good & smelling very Kojak.

Enjoy your Christmas Eve All, i hope you're all ready for tomorrow.
Merry Christmas Tony!

SOTD : 24th December 2019.

View attachment 49963

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/ Nivea Men Power Fresh Shower Gel.

Pre:

Warm wet flannel to my face.

Pears ~ Transparent Soap.

Brush: Yaqi 24mm Naples Synthetic.

Face Lather.

Soap: Wilkinson Sword Shave Stick.

Blade: Gillette Winner.(1)

Razor: Ming Shi 2000S. (Settings) wtg 2.5, xtg 2.5, atg + pick ups 3.

Cold Water Face Rinse./Homemade Lavender + Tea Tree Oil Witch Hazel Mixture./ Blue Stratos ~ ASL.

Aloe Vera Gel.

Greetings,

(Christmas Eve Shave)

Out of all my adjustable razors the Ming shi 2000s,is by far the most assertive/aggressive, it has a reputation of a very Love/Hate opinion razor within the wet shaving community...I was passed on mine from a friend, i also have a spare one too, both of them have good blade enlignment, it is however a very aggressive razor, even on it's lowest setting it's still a very efficient razor you must be it's master instantly when shaving .It also doesn't allow bad technique, or lack of concentration,and most importantly the lightest of touch and much respect is vital if not, it'll bite you for sure.

These are just my personal views,so don't be put off by my comments. I personally like the ming shi 2000s, but that's me,and everyone isn't the same as me..IMHO 99% of good shaving results is down to practising & learning your technique, good preparation a sharp blade that is suited to your skin type & gaining shaving confidence, and not to expect a sublime BBS shave everytime we shave...Enough said.

A wonderfully smooth 3 pass + pick ups near BBS christmas eve shave with no errors to report.

Finishing to the shave off with a generous dollop of Aloe Vera Gel.

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling devine.;)

Enjoy your christmas eve, ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

PS: To all members of TSR, have a wonderful safe & peaceful christmas day tomorrow whatever you may be doing.:giggle:

PSS: Be careful tomorrow when walking up & down the stairs in those dangerous christmas gift slippers!!!.:oops:
Merry Christmas!

Back
Top Bottom