PreShave: Warm to hot water, most from the boiled kettle some from the tap
Cream: Santa Maria Novella
Brush: Kent BK8
Bowl: My recycled T&H cream bowl
Razor: The Sledgehammer (Merkur 39C)
Blade Gillette 7 O'clock Yellow (2)
Post Shave: Alum

Fragrance: Floris Jermyn Street

TA nice three pass, bbs shave. Enjoy the remainder of the weekend and have a good holiday season, folks.

A busy day out on the river and in the port and finally the day draws to a close until 5am. But time gave me chance to throw a shave together and on this Winter Solstice I themed my razor activity 'Time for a tug and a shave'

IMG_20191222_203957.jpg

Tugging it - R89 on a Windrose K2
Pulling it - Polsilver Lodz
Pushing it - Razorock 400
Creaming it - Penhaligon's Blenheim Bouquet
Wetting it - Nivea Moisturiser

A kind of 'Going back to my roots' shave here with an old friend the R89. On the end of the K2 handle and armed to the head with one of those Polish blades and what a mighty fine hair removing instrument. It is times like this which brings it all back to mind that the 89's really are one of the best all round razors out there. It just doesn't get anything wrong and just gets on with delivering very damn fine shaves. And these ladies agree

Still using up the last of the old Blenheim Bouquet cream and to be honest I shall not be sad when it is gone....... as I have another waiting in the wings :). Happy days. And the 400 did a great job of lathering duties.

End result was a very nice and welcome shave and smoother than a collection of wiggling bottoms

Have a most bodacious Christmas week ahead and may Santa Claus (that treacherously bearded man) bring you all smiley happy and well shaven faces.

A Christmas song? Of course, my pleasure

Right. About this tug?

pWy8rxq.jpg

Prep: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap,Antica Barbieria Colla Almond Oil Pre-Shave Cream
Brush: Semogue Owners Club Boar
Soap: Meißner Tremonia Indian Flavour
Razor: UFO Tornado / Wolfman WR1
Blade: NOS Gillette Super Silver (5)
Scent: L'Occitane L'Homme Cedrat

A very close three-pass shave for a BBS result. The sharpness of the Super Silver blade is just on the edge of my comfort levels with the mid-agresssive WR1.

Mini-Review - Meißner Tremonia Indian Flavour Shaving Soap

This soap is a apricot colour, and quite firm. The scent strength is mid from the container, and remains mid-strength throughout the shave. I was not quite sure what to expect from the scent, given the description as 'Indian Flavour', and hoping it would not have a vindaloo-like effect on my skin ;),
I needn't have worried; it is a very pleasant and fragrant scent, with hints of incense, and slightly sweet cardamon amongst other spice notes.
The soap lathered quite easily, forming quite an airy proto-lather before settled to a denser, but still voluminous, final lather. The lather had good slickness, resulting in smooth razor glide. The residual slickness was respectable, and it had a very nice post shave feel.
In summary, a good soap that would appeal to fans of this style of scent.

Date:- 23 December 2019

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- WCS Two-Tone Tall (Blue & White) Extra Dense Synth. 26/56mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Stirling ~ Christmas Eve
Razor/Blade:- Gillette Rocket HD500 / Wizamet Super Iridium #1
Post/After-shave: T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Natural Glycerin (20), Tea Tree Antiseptic (10) & Peppermint (10 drops)
Fragrance:- YSL L'Homme

831B10AC-EE1F-49B7-A7A1-CFECCBFA939D.jpeg

SOTD 12/23/19

Decent, first mild shave this morning with a Schick Type C2. What I really love, and never considered until becoming active on the shaving boards, is the sheer variety of safety razor tools designed for face and noggin scraping. The mildness of this particular razor required three and a half passes for what turned out to be an acceptable DFS. My shaving surfaces were well protected by the PAA Cube coupled with my trusty MWF. I feel clean and refreshed!

RAZOR: Schick Injector Type C2
BLADE: Personna Vintage Blade
PREP: Cold water rinse followed by a scrub with PAA's Charcoal-Menthol Cube Preshave Soap
BRUSH: Viking Silvertip Badger
SOAP: Mitchell's Wool Fat
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash of face and dome with brush squeezings followed by Thayers Lavender WH and finished with Fine Snake Bite AS Splash

23/12/2019
Pre: Hot shower
Brush: Jayaruh #291
Soap: Proraso Red
Razor: ER 1912 USA
Blade: Personna GEM PTFE (2)
Post shave: Alum Block, cold water splash, Homemade Bay Rum Astringent
Balm: Bart's Balm Rosemary and Sandalwood Lotion & Balm
Aftershave: CK One

3.jpg

Today i used my 1 and only USA 1912, 3 passes for a wonderful finish. It is a very nice razor to use and it could be a little milder than the British made 1912's.
A very nice post shave routine leaving me soft supple and smelling very nice indeed.
Have a great day All.

Back
Top Bottom