SOTD: Saturday 21st - Friday 27th December 2019

OTD 20191222.
TfN5LaI.jpg

Noxzema "Protective Shave".
J&T® katalox / OUMO Brush imitation silvertip synth.
Mama Bear's Soaps "Siberian Fir Needle" shaving soap.
Vintage 7 O'Clock (2-piece) razor.
Rainbow Super Stainless (4).
Homelikeshaving "DejaVu" ASL.

SOTD : 22nd December 2019.

b.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/ Nivea Men Power Fresh Shower Gel.

Pre:

Warm wet flannel to my face.

Pears ~ Transparent Soap.

Brush: Turkish Unbranded Boar.

Face Lather.

Soap: Arko Shave Stick.

Blade: Gillette Winner.(2)

Razor: Weishi 2.0 Adjustable. (Settings) wtg 5, atg + pick ups 6.

Cold Water Face Rinse./Homemade Lavender + Tea Tree Oil Witch Hazel Mixture./ Arko ~ Cool Aftershave Balm+Cologne.

Greetings,

A relaxing sunday morning shave...The Weishi 2.0 Adjustable/Gillette Winner blade duo was a real smooth efficient combo...The Weishi Adj performance on the higher settings give a superb efficient comfortable shave.

The humble 'Turkish Delight' Arko shave stick never fails to provide a slick protective lather in a short space of time, love it or hate it..The performance from this shave stick is amazingly good...After yesterday winter solstice shave i didn't have much stubble to contend with, so after a comfortable 2 passes + a pick ups pass my face was silky smooth again with no errors report.

Finishing the shave off with a generous Splash of Arko ~ Cool Cologne.

My face is feeling silky smooth & smelling devine. ;)

Enjoy your Sunday Ladies & Gentlemen.:cool:

Sun 22nd Dec.

RazoRock Syn. 22mm
P & B Citra Royale
Personna Super Stainless SE
Personna S/S [ 3 ]
Tuff Green A/S Lotion

I never could get on with this Razor until I tried it with a Personna blade , now it delivers great Shaves. Lovely relaxed Sunday morning Shave with an excellent close all round finish.

IMG_0385.jpg

Last edited:
OSP Grapefruit and Menthol
Kent Infinty synth
Face lather
ER 1914
Gem SS PTFE
Thayer's Lavender and Aloe Vera
Proraso M&E after shave

Sublime. I didn't have a great deal of bristles left after the MMOC yesterday; but what was around got dealt with very efficiently by the Little Lather Catcher. 3 passes and strokingly smooth. Cool too; what with the menthol.

EC7D7EEB-1694-41E3-B4E3-831E607B92C6.jpeg

ADEBC02A-B9B7-43FB-A903-784D652AD16D.jpeg

SOTD 12/22/19

Incredibly great shave on this 22nd day of Decadent December. Up early to prepare for the arrival of our Christmas/New Year's guests. The MMOC really plowed through the whiskers on my favorite MWF lather. I would shave every day with this soap, but still need to work through my other soaps none of which in my estimation can hold a candle to the Fat, and that includes the two pucks of that fancy French MDC stuff the bride bought me for Christmas. In any case, beautiful, smoooth BBS of both noggin and face. I feel clean and refreshed!

RAZOR: Gem Micromatic OC
BLADE: Pella SS PTFE
PREP: Cold water rinse of face and dome followed by PAA's Charcoal-Menthol Cube Preshave Soap
BRUSH: Viking Silvertip Badger
SOAP: Mitchell's Wool Fat
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with brush squeezings followed by Thayers Lavender WH and finished with PAA's Unscented Cooling Mysterium Serum

SOTD Sunday 22 December 2019.

Pre-shave:Warm shower; Kiehl's face fuel; Jack Black Epic Moisture MP10.
Soap: Wickham Soap Co and Gentleman's Groom Room - Essence of Scotland Berry Fields O' Blair.
Brush: Shavemac ' The Flat Top' .
Razor: Rex Ambassador - O Series; setting 1.5.
Blade: SuperMax Super Platinum (Day 1).
Post: Cold water, Fine 'Snakebite' - Bioaroma Aftershave Balm.
Cologne: Floris 1976 Eau de Parfum.

22-12-19.jpg

An outstanding SOTD all the hardware and software came together: a 2 pass WTG, XTG face with WTG, ATG neck - DFS+ finish with no issues to report.

Words of praise to @Ian T from the Gentleman's Groom Room and the Wickham Soap Co; both have come up with a brilliant soap - lather, glide, protection, scent - all excellent; SWMBO enjoyed the scent so much, she forgot to ask if it was a new soap :)

Its been a while since I have shaved with the Rex; loaded with the SuperMax Super Platinum; it felt great in the hand and smooth on the face.

Not sure why I opted to finish off with SnakeBite; perhaps a touch cryogenic for this time of year - nevertheless, great way to end a shave.

I'm looking forward to Christmas; I hope all is good with everyone and that the comming holidays are peacful and happy for you and all those you hold close.

All the best,

Chris

Sunday 22nd December

Brush - Yaqi Plissoft
Soap - Proraso Green
Razor - Lord L6
Blade - Personna Lab Blue (9)
Post - Witch Hazel/Nivea Cool Kick Balm
AS - Brut Oceans

The PBL was running out of team in yesterday's Yaqi DOC so I put the blade into a slightly more aggressive razor and the results were wonderfully smooth and efficient.

Have a good Sunday chaps.

Back
Top Bottom