SOTD: Saturday 21st - Friday 27th December 2019

SOTD 20191224.
3fZtWVF.jpg

Noxzema "Protective Shave".
OUMO Brush / OUMO Brush imitation finest 2-band synth.
TDS "Cream: evergreen juniper" shaving soap.
Vintage Probak razor / RazoRock HALO handle.
Rainbow Super Stainless (6).
Cien Men ASB.
G Bellini "Nº1" EdT.

Christmas Eve

Vitos Super Red
RazoRock Plissoft 24mm synth
Face lather
Gillette New Standard (1921-28)
Gillette Silver Blue #2
Thayer's Lavender and Aloe Vera
Speck after shave

The maiden voyage (for me, that is) with my new Decemberly acquisitioned New Standard. It's quite the beast, let me tell you. Tremendously efficient, with the lightest of touches; because it is a heavy chap.

This early outing indicates it's going to be a keeper; up there with my other Gillette vintage cutlery. Three passes and no buffing; perfect.

Hope everyone has a great time.

1FFB3FE7-1B9A-44F0-8EAB-9F7A005E723B.jpeg

Tue 24th Dec.

Jayaruh Syn No67
Vitos Super Red
PAL S/S Adjustable
Schick S/S- Japan [ 8 ]
Jaguar Prestige A/S Lotion

Wanted a no fuss good Shave, so guaranteed one with a good Razor/Blade/Soap and a rather nice brush to apply the latter.Now ready for chores as we are having our Festive Meal today, leaving tomorrow free. Though just 3 of us today, still having a whole bird trying a Heritage breed one, as I just love the darker meat.

Wishing you all a Merry Xmas , and hoping that the New Year is good for you in all respects. :)

IMG_0388.jpg

Tuesday 24th December

Brush - Yaqi Rainbow/Faux Horse
Soap - MWF
Razor - Wilko Classic
Blade - MIC Gillette Wilk Sword (6)
Post - Witch Hazel/Nivea Cool Kick Balm
AS - Akcay Tobacco

The last few times I'd used MWF I'd used it with a boar brush and never got that great a lather, today I used it with a synth and built a very slick dense lather with great cushion; I can understand why MWF's lather is regarded so highly and the post shave feel was exceptional as well.

Anyway chaps, have a nice Christmas Eve. The big day is almost with us, which means it is almost over...

Back
Top Bottom