SOTD : Saturday 20th February to Friday 26th February 2021

20210221_131745.jpg
Todays shave was brought to you by

Prep Proraso Pre shave Balm
Soap Once Upon A Time soap
Brush Mountain Best Badger brush
Razors J. Nowill & Sons "KrossKeys" straight razor.
Original 7 O'clock 1930's for lip, chin and touching up.
Leaf Razor for my head.
Aftershave Matching Once Upon A Time.
Have am awesome day.

Last edited:
97198498-47A2-4AA3-9995-6123937C7EA9.jpeg
Omega Premium Boar
Rockwell 6c (3)
Wizamet S.I. (1)
OSP Sandalwood
Humphrey’s witch hazel
OSP Sandalwood a/s lotion

Four days growth removed at a leisurely pace. Absolutely perfect performance from the soap, slick cushioning and comfortable. I did have to go back to the soap for the third pass, a common theme for me with boars. I think in part due to leaving too much water on my face during passes. I don’t tend to pat myself dry and that contributes to killing the lather. Excellent none the less.

Wonderful. Enjoy yours.

Sunday

Signature Soaps Capra
RazoRock BC
Face lather
Yaqi Katana SE
Permasharp SE
Thayer’s Rose Petal and Aloe Vera
RazoRock Santa Maria Novella

I think this razor is possibly the SE equivalent of the Mühle R41. In fact...here we go; in my opinion it out-R41s the R41 in the need to be bloody (as it were) careful, lest it bites. Last week, a tiny lapse in concentration led to some (quite a lot, actually) early spring Beaujolais in the sink.

So, due care exercised today; and a very smooth result was the outcome. No hypovolaemic shock either.

D3B596F4-3F3A-49F5-8CB9-8FBAC2768E11.jpeg

3c9dxfL.jpg

Thanks to Mr. Boycie, aka "Head Honcho" of the Greater East Devon Shaving Emporium & Co-Prosperity Sphere, I was able to obtain this wonderful soap.

Sunday 21st February

Three weeks into a month of vegan soaps, in contemplation of Veganuary (contemplation :unsure: ) even if I am lathering up exclusively for the month with my new Semogue SOC Butterscotch boar. I'm also restricting to Indian sub-continent blades and a small number of razors: Muhle Rocca, RazoRock Slant, Yaqi Katana & Gillette 1950s Tech.

ACtC-3f4dFAGYeVXKs0cQ0-uSKbMps3gLeDMjlPOIn2x63znulMJgj0UVqDV2bP9hXIm2z8XNChOyLWWMvma_5ds9TEn-O5ahPfqkAPAJKQ_E40TOh6FXBU7rzVvfqRcf3Wgh-5pgExMsj064eOdPFV_1801hw=w1200

French Pink Clay & Charcoal Face Soap
Wickham 1912 Citrus Musk Shaving Soap
Semogue SOC Butterscotch (Boar)
Muhle Rocca R96
SuperMax Titanium (1)
Jade East (Vintage) Aftershave Cologne

ACtC-3eT7cTnALjbwda5WGmiU6aIX5sSV0p1WGpcAJtJ37w3l1GgOyP7nAU0O9aoDor6il4he3yWh5th9mg2lWkIWrOa-qQm7mpgH2Q22Ygr6Uh5BF7ZRQuMbDU1bq7usnCP843rjF_Rz3hioxBqt9vEDSTukg=s300

I have tried very hard indeed not to prejudice this shave with premature comparisons with and my memories of the old SuperMax Blue Diamond Titanium but immediately, the shave put me VERY much in mind of how I remember that (now discontinued) blade. I should say that I believe that these are from the latest generation of SuperMax blades and understand it's on new equipment, particularly the sputtering equipment (the "new sputtering technology" that you see emblazoned upon the Super Platinum blades; here, "feel the power of titanium!") that gives the titanium (or platinum) edge.

It shaves very comfortably and is abundantly forgiving. Certainly not as sharp as the stainless blades from the SuperMax house that I've been using recently, a single pass with considerable touch-up was required to achieve what I've enjoyed in one pass from those stainless blades ... but boy, is it forgiving! It is sharp, don't get me wrong there; by no means tuggy, but it gives the kind of shave that you feel you could repeat and repeat and repeat as many times as you like. For multi-pass shavers, this is perfectly good and I don't think you'd get significant irritation from doing so.

Yeah! Very much how I remember the SuperMax Blue Diamond Titanium ... comfortable and forgiving.

Rated at 7.5/10 placing it a tick below the stainless blades from SuperMax, like the SuperMax (green pack), the V(idyut) SuperMax (in the blue pack) and even then Vidyut Economy Stainless; also, at 7.5 I've got the likes of the Shark Chrome and Lord Chrome, also very comfortable, neutral feeling and forgiving blades.

Much thanks to @isaiah53 for the tuck!

Fun to use the vintage Jade East again ... I said it before and it bears repeating: cat piss and Ouzo! Just a little 'Home Alone' dance as the sting wears off. Does the soap qualify as vintage as well, now that it is discontinued?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom