SOTD : Saturday 20th February to Friday 26th February 2021

Monday 22nd February
Alpha T400 - Wickham 1912 Club Cola - Pal Adjustable - Schick Proline B #3 - Brut Original A/S - Aloe Vera Gel
2UMHq7d.jpg
Great razor

152461782_119914673388074_3886899208218437938_n.jpg
Prep: Shower, Palmolive Olive Oil Soap
Pre: Proraso Crema Pre Barba
Soap: Stirling Hipster
Brush: Yaqi Mysterious Space Tuxedo 24mm
Razor: Parker 22R Interceptor
Blade: Tiger Platinum (3)

The Hipster is happy in its new home! A bit of Proraso Pre does seem to enhance the floral scent of the Hipster, and give it a fresher feel as you'd expect. I am in a quandary over my HWF soap reaction now though, as I notice the Stirling soap does contain lanolin. Maybe not enough for a reaction, or maybe something else was responsible :unsure:
Anyway, nice incident free runaround today. A splash of 4711 was the perfect finish to a no-fuss work day shave. Great start to the week :giggle:

L1030555.JPG

I am very partial to lime and have many lime scented soaps, creams and splashes in my collection. However, new to me is Castle Forbes lime cream, based up in Aberdeenshire. They have an excellent reputation, so I felt it was about time. It’s expensive stuff but by all accounts worth it for the lather and the scent. On sniffing the cream in the tub, it’s powerful, limey, and fresh with no hint of any artificial smell, such as disinfectant or cheap confectionary, that some lime soaps possess.

I had a really excellent BBS shave with this lot this morning. The soap smelled and performed excellent, with great glide and slickness, although I think I could have used a touch more in the bowl to thicken it up slightly. I was very impressed with it.

My 1959 (E2) refurbished Fatboy continues to shave beautifully. After initially using the lower settings and no getting good shaves, I find that setting it to 6 will easily mow down three days growth on my face in two passes, and I drop it down to 5 for ATG on my neck. No burn, no hassle and no sting from the Trumper's afterwards. I didn't feel the need for the CC balm.

I'm ready for that important zoom meeting.

Stay safe and enjoy your shaves!

Razors: Gillette Fatboy 1959
Blade: Shark Chrome (3)
Soap: Castle Forbes Lime
Brush: Simpson’s Milk Churn BB
Pre-shave: PAA Cube
Post-shave: Captain’s Choice Balm and Trumper’s Cologne - if required
Bowl: Captain’s Choice Copper

The Schick adjustable will go down in history as one of the great SE razors of all time!

Paul.
Paul
Did you mean the Pal adjustable. I didn't get on with the Schick adjustable when I had it on a Pass around. Although it was ok with a twin blade, which the Pal can't take. I've heard that the new Parker adjustable inj can take twin blades. I'm not sure if it's stocked yet in the UK.
Great razor
Thanks, it's just got that cool look. I originally bought it from Mike @mpf9ret.

Paul
Did you mean the Pal adjustable. I didn't get on with the Schick adjustable when I had it on a Pass around. Although it was ok with a twin blade, which the Pal can't take. I've heard that the new Parker adjustable inj can take twin blades. I'm not sure if it's stocked yet in the UK.

Thanks, it's just got that cool look. I originally bought it from Mike @mpf9ret.
Yes, that's what I was thinking about, what my hands were doing I have no idea!
I have had two over the years and always thought they were design classics ahead of their time. :)

Paul.

22/2/21

Brush - Goodfellas Wild Hog
Soap - Lea Menthol Cream
Razor - Lord L6
Blade - Treet Classic (1)
AS - Superdrug Forest Fresh

I really enjoyed this shave. I'd not used the Lord L6 or a Treet Classic for a long time, they paired beautifully and finished the shave with Superdrug Forest Fresh which I think might be one of my favourite splashes.

Looking at the components of my shave all of them are budget offerings but are all great ones and combined really well for the shave today.

22/02/21
5 for Feb
Shower
Pre: Cold water rinse and face wash with the Wickams pre shave soap.
Brush: Simpson Duke 2 Best Badger
Soap: Signature Soap Danum
Razor: Kasho Kai Folder
Blade: Kai Titan Pink (5)
Post shave: Alum, Cold water Rinse, TC's infused Witch Hazel
Balm: Barts Balm Cinnamon & Patchouli Balm & Lotion
Aftershave: Signature Soap Danum
Wk 8 (3).JPG
An easy 2 pass shave routine and some touch up for a BBS comfortable finish without error. I really enjoy using this razor.
The Signature soap, bowl lathered, providing a protective, slick lather for the job.
A very nice post shave finishing with the Signature Danum splash.
Stay Safe and enjoy your day All.

Last edited:
IMG_20210221_152334.jpg

Yesterday‘s shave:
Paradigm Titanium II
Polsilver
Paladin PK-47 G7
Black Ship Philip's Fougére (sample)
Reuzel aftershave

A decent shave.
The soap performed well. I made a conscious effect not to add too much water too soon, which is my usual downfall and it paid off. A decent lather with good protection and slickness. The scent was nice but seemed to disappear once applied to the face.

Cheers
Rob

22 February

Castle Forbes Lavender
Simfix Barrule
Rex Ambassador
Personna med prep
Bart’s Balm Grapefruit and Pink Pepper

3B1BAEBE-63E0-4A1F-A7E3-5131B128AAF7.jpeg

After yesterday’s close shave there wasn’t a lot to do this morning. I used the Rex on a setting of 2 for two passes and had a really comfortable, close shave as a result. The little Simfix with a Simpson’s 2 band super 21mm - 22mm knot is a gem.

OKCFUSH.jpg

Prep: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Rudy Vey Shavemac Silvertip Badger
Soap: Cold River Soap Works Glide Winter
Razor: Blackland Blackbird
Blade: Vintage NOS Gillette Spoiler (4)
Post: Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel; Bootleggers D.R. Harris Pink Aftershave Splash
Scent:Tauer L'air Du Desert Marocain Intense

Very good soap. It somewhat reminded me of B&M Terror, with both soaps having a sense of winter and cold.
However, whilst Terror has a sinister edge to its scent, as per Will's design on this scent, and also has a decent chill effect. The CRSW Winter soap, whilst refreshing, has no cooling agents, and I find the scent welcoming.

Yes, that's what I was thinking about, what my hands were doing I have no idea!
I have had two over the years and always thought they were design classics ahead of their time. :)

Paul.
Hi Paul,
Talking about head of time - What about this Personna Super Stainless Injector Set !!
This is a Love/Hate Razor, took me ages to get the hang of it - quite good with a Personna blade.
Like Arthur I did not get on with the Schick Adjustable.
Mike.

IMG_1339.jpg

Hi Paul,
Talking about head of time - What about this Personna Super Stainless Injector Set !!
This is a Love/Hate Razor, took me ages to get the hang of it - quite good with a Personna blade.
Like Arthur I did not get on with the Schick Adjustable.
Mike.

View attachment 65256
Yes indeed Mike, way ahead of its time, a masterpiece of design. :)

Paul.

Back
Top Bottom