SOTD : Saturday 20 August - Friday 26 August 2022.

Wouldn’t have liked a slap off the old dear launching that ship back in the day!

You're not wrong, I was just surprised at how smooth it was even with a fresh blade. I'm curious to see whether the sealed blades that came with it might be usable.

Those Corrux blades are very often surprisingly ready for service. If you have a leather strop and a stropping mechanism give it 10 or 15 laps each way and enjoy ... naturally, any hint of rust under magnification just discard.

That 'New Jewel Combination Set' box is ridiculously nice!

It is

Actually, inside it's a single razor and two tubes, for soap and brush. Different to the usual razor, stropper and strop set that you'd see with the double clamshell Streamline set or the 'Sun Ray' double set.

Last edited:
View attachment 92358
Simonpetra - Mount Athos

Can't be arsed sotd malaise has spread from Devon up north. Cracking shave though. - cheers - I.

That's quite a journey ... and a quicker spread than COVID! Malaise via the internet ... are we in the Matrix?

Actually, I rather enjoy your alternative pictures ... very meta

24/08/22
Pre - Sainsbury's Luxury Soap, Bergamot & Nectarine
Brush - Vintage Butterscotch Culmak Plus 1950
Soap - Arko Stick
Razor - 7 O' clock Gem
Blade - Modified GEM PTFE S/S
Post - Cold water Rinse, TC's infused Witch Hazel
Balm - Barts Balm Ben Kilbreck -Neroli, Rosemary & Jasmine
A/S - Mäurer & Wirtz 4711 EDC

2 passes with some touch up for a fine finish.
Stay safe and enjoy your day All.

Why not? Orson Wells radio transmission of ‘War of the Worlds’ caused a mass hysteria after all in 1930’s America.
Yes I remember being told that. Always struck me as odd though. Because for one, it was set in SE England and two, when was the last time they had musical accompaniment to a disaster playing out on the news. OK I concede they may not have been playing Jeff Wayne's LP, maybe just a really good narrator reading the book, which I guess would make it a whole lot more believable. Except that UFOs etc are always in America. Those space aliens are pretty selective!

Trust you had Bob Seegers “Ramblin’ Gamblin’ man“ in the background when you shaved this time