SOTD : Saturday 20 August - Friday 26 August 2022.

Wednesday AM 2022-08-24
Pluto was officially reclassified as a dwarf planet on this date in 2006
HRgJVx6.jpg

Rooney Emillion 2 Faux Porcelain-Jade Finest (24/55)
XPEC Unscented shaving cream (v.1)
LASSC BBS-1/UFO Common Bar
Wilkinson London Bridge (10)
Mennen Skin Bracer
jowWsCw.jpg

Wednesday 24th August

AL9nZEVATkY7yA0p0KbA_qjP3UhN2SACJmkjsKz0yGl3Aflu1fk7lvce9gTcpG0sFft88l568BvPV1gSzqT5KQ8y__QIGNTQKxKr3zZ-gm_xVnEAxqOqUhUs7sREn_qpu9tmffZpg8ObrOT3j9Nk-EfjMJTsCg=s800

Ganders Goat Soap w/Hop, Sage & Birch
WIckham 1912 Buddha Wood Shaving Soap & DSC Professional w/Synbad Synthetic 26mm
Muhle Rocca (V4) Birch & Silver Star Super Stainless (1)
Mandate Aftershave & EDT

I've been enjoying the vintage Scottish Perma-Sharp Supreme Stainless over the past few days and mused that it was not like the Gillette Permasharp of the same name, but more like the Silver Star Super Stainless from Lord. So, fresh blade ... let's make it the Silver Star and compare. Yes, indeed! Absolutely! If folks are frustrated that they can't find the vintage Perma-Sharp to try out, just grab a pack of Silver Star, trust me and enjoy the similarity.

I know I say this a lot, but gosh the Rocca is a good razor ... and Wickham's 1912 is a superb soap ... and my brush is just lovely. In all a near perfect scrape and very much enjoyed indeed.

Have a great evening, folks!

Razor = Occam’s Oren :
Blade = Feather Pro Guard ( 1 )
Brush = Shavemac 400 Two Band Badger
Soap = Shave Chaser By PAA with matching splash
Balm = Ben Lomond By Barts Balm
007BEA14-8E95-4909-8E06-08BE6D480B19.jpegFirst shave for 3 days for me.

for some reason i couldn’t get my head round it
couldn’t really be bothered doing anything
not a good sign i know.
Never mind i went for it today.
This Razor for me just gets better & better,
The feedback is so loud, louder than iv ever heard on any razor ever.
The sound of enjoyment, the sound of relaxation is just pure bliss to me.
I reckon the potatoe peeler works as an amplifier of some kind.
The soap is also top drawer & homage to
Skin Bracer.
Over all this was a 10/10 shave
one of the best & i’ll look forward to the next one where i think i’ll use the same razor/blade combo
Maybe lol
Onwards & Upwards
Stay Safe Everyone

Razor = Occam’s Oren :
Blade = Feather Pro Guard ( 1 )
Brush = Shavemac 400 Two Band Badger
Soap = Shave Chaser By PAA with matching splash
Balm = Ben Lomond By Barts Balm
View attachment 92386First shave for 3 days for me.

for some reason i couldn’t get my head round it
couldn’t really be bothered doing anything
not a good sign i know.
Never mind i went for it today.
This Razor for me just gets better & better,
The feedback is so loud, louder than iv ever heard on any razor ever.
The sound of enjoyment, the sound of relaxation is just pure bliss to me.
I reckon the potatoe peeler works as an amplifier of some kind.
The soap is also top drawer & homage to
Skin Bracer.
Over all this was a 10/10 shave
one of the best & i’ll look forward to the next one where i think i’ll use the same razor/blade combo
Maybe lol
Onwards & Upwards
Stay Safe Everyone
Love that razor in gold, nice shave!

For this evening I present a shave themed 'SOTD kill kill kill'. And this one is specific to those miserable souls who openly state they couldn't be bothered to post a photo. You know who you are and shame, shame, shame.

20220824_163240.jpg
Kill the razor - Occam's Enoch
Kill the blade - Schick Proline
Kill the brush - AP Shaving 24mm Cashmere
Kill the soap - Extro Arancia Italiana
Kill the moisturiser - Simple
Kill the scent - Extro Arancia Italiana

'You want me to film a man shaving?'

It's a Karaoke shave despite me saying no more. I just lie a lot

I stared in to my mirror back in '82
Waiting for the internet and forums to share with you
If I was young and stupid, facial hair was coming through
Oh-a, oh-a

Cartridge razors took the credit for shaves which were truly pooh
Invented by Gillette and their new technology
And now I understand how shite it was before I went DE

Oh-a Arghhhhh
Then I got a fucking nick
Oh-a Arghhhhh
Sting from the styptic

Posting no photo killed the SOTD
Photos came and then you broke my heart
Oh-a-a-Arghhhhh

And now we meet on a forum on the internet
We scribble down our SOTD’s, shaving’s intellect
And waffle some shite about a shaving set

Oh-a Arghhhhh
Then I sliced my fucking neck
Oh-a Arghhhhh
That aftershave stings like feck

In my mind and in my sink
I can’t go back, I need a bloody shrink

Oh-a-Arghhhhh
Oh-a-Arghhhhh

In Boycie’s mind and on my screen
No more photos and that’s obscene
Photos didn’t come and caused my mental scar
Put the blame on TSR

You are a SOTD star
You are a SOTD star

What a smashing shave this was and I really am thinking the Enoch is 'That razor'. I just love it

Have some real music to end on and a band I have only recently found. I get a feeling there will be more 'Who The Bitch?' from here

Well dayummm, looks like not only have I transgressed against SotD but I have been thoroughly booted off the podium of parody songs that I have imagined I was on. @Satanfriendly your Buggles 'tribute' was inspired!
Luckily I did post a SotD pic today, in the SR section. Which, as it happens, also features a jar of Arancia Italiana, except there are only 2 or 3 shaves left in it. Love the orange scent.

Well dayummm, looks like not only have I transgressed against SotD but I have been thoroughly booted off the podium of parody songs that I have imagined I was on. @Satanfriendly your Buggles 'tribute' was inspired!
Luckily I did post a SotD pic today, in the SR section. Which, as it happens, also features a jar of Arancia Italiana, except there are only 2 or 3 shaves left in it. Love the orange scent.

Then you forgiven of your possible sin.

Arancia? Superb in every sense

9189E6C6-2B69-4748-A913-E5B76F6658C4.jpeg
SOTD: 24/08/2022

Razor: Yaqi Excalibur
Blade: Feather Pro, 6th use
Brush: Yaqi Sagrada Familia
Bowl: Yaqi Plastic Bowl
Preshave: Bart’s Balm Preshave Sample Oil
Soap: Proraso Green Puck
Aftershave: PAA Awesome Sauce Aftershave
Balm: Bart’s Balm Sample Balm
Additional Care: Osma Laboratoires Alum Block

I needed this after a wet, hot muggy start to the day. The little Excalibur was amazing but the star of the shave was the Proraso, it’s just so refreshing on a hot day like this. All the best guys!

Yes I remember being told that. Always struck me as odd though. Because for one, it was set in SE England and two, when was the last time they had musical accompaniment to a disaster playing out on the news. OK I concede they may not have been playing Jeff Wayne's LP, maybe just a really good narrator reading the book, which I guess would make it a whole lot more believable. Except that UFOs etc are always in America. Those space aliens are pretty selective!
"The episode begins with an introductory monologue based closely on the opening of the original novel, after which the program takes on the format of an evening of typical radio programming being periodically interrupted by news bulletins. The first few bulletins interrupt a program of live music and are relatively calm reports of unusual explosions on Mars followed by a seemingly unrelated report of an unknown object falling on a farm in Grover's Mill, New Jersey. The crisis escalates dramatically when a correspondent reporting live from Grover's Mill describes creatures emerging from what is evidently an alien spacecraft. When local officials approach the aliens waving a flag of truce, the "monsters" respond by incinerating them and others nearby with a heat ray which the on-scene reporter describes in a panic until the audio feed abruptly goes dead. This is followed by a rapid series of news updates detailing the beginning of a devastating alien invasion and the military's futile efforts to stop it. The first portion of the episode climaxes with another live report from the rooftop of a Manhattan radio station. The correspondent describes crowds fleeing clouds of poison smoke released by giant Martian "war machines" and "dropping like flies" as the gas approaches his location. Eventually he coughs and falls silent, and a lone ham radio operator asks, "Is there anyone on the air? Isn't there... anyone?" with no response. The program takes its first break thirty minutes after Welles's introduction."

Folks tuning in late thought it was real news bulletins interrupting the program.

Back
Top Bottom