SOTD : Saturday 1st January-Friday 7th January 2022.

Thursday 6th January

Soap • Ach Brito Mogno
Brush • Razorock 400 Plissoft Noir
Razor • DS Cosmetics T7/ Bulldog
Blade • Gillette Silver Blue (1)
Post • Pinaud Clubman Classic Vanilla

Mild Razor & medium sharp blade = not the best shave. Too much buffing as indicated by the alcohol rich aftershave splash.
You would have thought I would know better.
GSB blade is already loaded in a more assertive razor for next use.

07/01/22
Pre - Shower
Brush - Vintage Butterscotch Culmak Plus 1950
Soap - Palmolive stick / Maca Root Superlather
Razor - Schick B1 Repeating Razor 1927-32
Blade - Personna Injector (3)
Post - Cold water Rinse, TC's infused Witch Hazel
Balm - Tonyschin's Cedarwood and Patchouli Argan Oil and Balm
A/S - Williams Aqua Velva Musk
Wk 01 - 21 (7).JPG
For me, Injector shaves don't get any better than this, The Schick repeater is a wonderful piece engineering which i doubt could be copied today without a massive outlay to both the manufacturer and end user.
The Vintage brush and soap whipped up a great lather on the face, this old girl still has plenty of backbone with the tips still soft on the face.
I completed a 2 pass shave WTG then a XTG/ATG mix with some touch up on the whirlpools for a very comfortable BBS finish.
Finishing off with a rub of the AV Musk topped off a very nice piece of Sink time.
I do believe i enjoyed that!
Stay safe and enjoy your day all.

IMG_20220107_151702_kindlephoto-8139005.jpg
Today's offering....
Ever Ready + Gem #1st shave
Arko Stick + Yaqi Jumbo Barber Brush
Bart's Ben Macdui Aftershave Lotion

The more I use the Ever Readies,
the more I fall in love with them.
Of the three I own, this one is for
some reason the most agressive.
Wether it's the weight or the
handle design, they all shave a little
differently, despite being the same
make & model.
IMG_20220107_153312_kindlephoto-9044571.jpg

Last edited:
Thursday evening's shave which I decided to carry the theme 'It was only time'

View attachment 82525

Tea time - Rocnel Elite
Coffee time - Polsilver Lodz
Play time - AP Shaving 24mm Cashmere
Meine zeit - Murdock's cream
Testing times - Banana Republic Neroli Woods

It was only a question of 'when?' that I was going to test positive, and that time was last night. Bugger.
So one needed to get a damn fine shave in before the interest wanes.

And to lead from the front by fine example the Rocnel Elite. Still the loudest razor I have ever met in terms of feedback as it chatters away merrily while doing its job.

Given the Lodz, a razor of great awesomeness. And what a super finish delivered. A razor I have no regret forking out for despite my single mindedness for single edgeness.

A few words for team lather and especially the brush. Despite me voting the 'Emporium' as the worst shaving supplier I was recently coerced in to having to buy this brush from its glossy photo on the BST. Glad I did though. Same Knot as the Dandelion on a glitzy handle. Super. The Murdock's was purchased in their pre-Christmas sale and to be honest I would happily buy again (at sale price) as sometimes a good cream can go a long way. And this is good shit for a lazy bastard. Top notch.

So a divine shave in readiness for a week of doing Jack shit.

To be honest although I turned in two positive results I actually don't feel too bad. More weary than anything, but some of that can be put down to the last 48 hours at work. Two cruel days in the bad weather including an emergency job for a ship breaking its moorings on the river. An absolutely brutal job.

So hopefully a milder week ahead and one of taking it easy. I think the shaves are still in there to be enjoyed.

Have wonderful weekends you smashing people and I will always say, I love you all

And where would the world be without some lovely Japanese maidens to see it all through? It just has to be Aldious and I could only wish being ill could be so beautiful

Hope it's uneventful chap.

I debated being a gobshite but refrained. I guess I must care about you need to make sure I've got customers available when I find more shit to sell over the coming months.

6805E971-FCD9-440E-9FA2-6405695E58B5.jpeg

SOTD: 07/01/2022

Razor: Yaqi Telstar
Blade: Astra SP, 2nd use
Brush: Shedeleven Spalted Scottish Hawthorn AP Shave Co G5C 26mm Fan
Bowl: Captains Choice Copper Lather Bowl Standard Bowl
Preshave: PAA Cube Unscented Soap
Aftershave: Stirling Christmas Eve EDT
Balm: Bart’s Balm Sample Balm

An improved, if not perfect 2nd shave, smoother but despite the blade feel/exposure not quite as efficient as I think it could get from the Telstar. The OSP was great as ever I hope @James Riley isn’t gone too long I wish I had more. The brush made an amazing lather with absolute ease.
The shave itself though smoother wasn’t nick free, and but it’s solid enough, I just don’t seem able to dial in a decent angle on it just yet. DFS was achieved but it was not quite BBS. I’ll give it a Telstar another couple of run outs but I think the head may be hitting the BST page if I can’t get a smoother performance out of it.
Enjoy the weekend guys!

Friday 7th January

AM-JKLVHK0ZsMhutR3_Ku03DdtPR33LZhWlIhmC1OTxaFoGR28nMoi3KkS7-1ZR9EqLbNi9lYDhUrVLzcuYcRDgaLf2foPyXDMkPI34GF6RgqUJUfpAmCKddIZLqYorLsPEDCQDxRdaCQ9eoCVTQoKuptmuGLA=s800

Ganders Goat Soap w/Hop, Sage & Birch
OSP Spirits Shaving Soap
Yaqi Cola w/Synthetic 22mm
Gillette Fusion Limited Edition w/FlexBall Handle
Gillette Fusion5 ProGlide (7)
OSP Spirits Aftershave

Back
Top Bottom