SOTD : Saturday 1st January-Friday 7th January 2022.

Friday AM 2022-01-07
First hot air balloon crossing of English Channel on this date, Jean-Pierre Blanchard, 1785
lQRB3cu.jpg

Rooney Emillion 2 Tiger Stripe Finest (24/53)
Floris Verbena shaving soap (tallow)
Haircut & Shave P076-SB Copper
Personna Super Platinum Chrome (8)
Ginger's Garden Springtime in Paris aftershave
oKRCOFG.jpg

Hope it's uneventful chap.

I debated being a gobshite but refrained. I guess I must care about you need to make sure I've got customers available when I find more shit to sell over the coming months.

You could say whatever you want as I'd be numb to it all anyway.

Apparently it's not just taste and smell you lose, but also your sensitivity to gobshites

View attachment 82544
Today's offering....
Ever Ready + Gem #1st shave
Arko Stick + Yaqi Jumbo Barber Brush
Bart's Ben Macdui Aftershave Lotion

The more I use the Ever Readies,
the more I fall in love with them.
Of the three I own, this one is for
some reason the most agressive.
Wether it's the weight or the
handle design, they all shave a little
differently, despite being the same
make & model.
View attachment 82547
They all shave differently, and yet the same, which is very nice IMO. (y)

To follow up on last night's SOTD this wonderful shave comes to you with the theme 'Staying positive about being positive'

20220107_173116.jpg

A positive razor - Tatara Nodachi
Double negative blade - Polsilver Lodz
A big + - Wee Whiskey Barrel
A+++ - Signature Soaps Londinium
Vibras positivas - Signature Soaps Londinium splash

Day two of living with a positive result and feeling fine and dandy so far. May it remain this way.

I have felt worse in my life. Malaria not being memorable fun and norovirus which is nature's joke on how to empty the body of fluids via every orifice and pore. A time of indecision as to what end of your body needs the toilet the most.

Thank you for your sympathy Shirley. You sick puppy.

Right illnesses and sickness aside, after all who cares about such things? What about the shave?

Choose two of my shaving personalities of the year award winners (and rightfully so) and throw in a contender for next years most obscure awards and voila! Perfection in every sense and wonderfully smooth from the bottom of my neck to somewhere around my ears. Via chin and cheeks.

No, no I said 'Cheeks'

Not only that but my sense of smell appears to be still with me with the lovely lime of the Londinium. And when I come to think about it the my sense of taste as well. Not recommended to eat shaving soap though children.

The Tatara never fails to impress. Am I being swayed away from the single side? Chris, I am your razor.

If being positive involves being confined to the cellar with my guitar and watching shite on the TV then I'm up for this.

Have a most fantastic of Weekends you lovely folk and may your results be better than mine.

Have some more Aldious if only to keep you smiling. Yoshi does that

Razor = Vintage Fasan Red Dot
Blade = Vintage Sheffield Special
Brush = Vintage TOBS Badger
Soap = Old Spice
Aftershave = Old Spice The Captains Tankard
Balm = Nivea Original
CD3FFE60-A36D-4D91-9735-46FAF2DB4F2B.jpegAh Brilliant shave this
Honestly i love the thought of someone having a vintage razor before me even although this one was actually brand new unopened.
It’s just a pity in th next 10 years or so we’ll probably not have any vintage Old Spice left
shame really as just about every wet shaver wants one.
I recently bought this captains tankard full of old spice goodness :love::love:.
The blade was a first for me the Sheffield Special and if any you lads can date them i would be grateful
Definitely pre decimal
A decent blade nonetheless
Onwards & Upwards
Stay Safe3C3BF47F-9B7D-49E2-92FF-037DF9B8525B.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom