SOTD : Saturday 1st January-Friday 7th January 2022.

Fri 7 SOTD
Cream Proraso Green
Brush Yaqi 24mm Mojito 2 Band Badger
Razor Fatip OC Slant
Blade Derby Usta 1st
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel Wintergreen + Proraso Green Splash
Just an all-around wonderful lather from this cream! Awesome delicious looking cone of creamy and slick lather...
The shave with this razor paired with the blade was good. Easy, smooth and comfortable in 3passes for a bbs finish. Aftershaves were great!
20220107_102240.jpg

Friday 7th January
ArtSecret Synth - Hampshire Woolfat No3 - Raptor SE V2 3D - GEM Stainless Coated #7 - Brut Attraction Totale AS - Aloe Vera Gel
ohVgby4.jpg

SOTD 07-Jan
20220106_112141.jpg
Brush: AP Shave TGN Boar
Soap: Extro Felce Biancospino
Razor: Rex Ambasador (3-1)
Blade: Astra SP (2)

Good shave this morning, the boar and extro producing a brilliant lather in short order. Wasn't rushed or blurry eyed this morning so no issues. Smooth and refreshed ready for the day ahead!

Hope everyone has a cracking day!

Cheers

Marc

Last edited:
Thursday evening's shave which I decided to carry the theme 'It was only time'

20220106_124416.jpg

Tea time - Rocnel Elite
Coffee time - Polsilver Lodz
Play time - AP Shaving 24mm Cashmere
Meine zeit - Murdock's cream
Testing times - Banana Republic Neroli Woods

It was only a question of 'when?' that I was going to test positive, and that time was last night. Bugger.
So one needed to get a damn fine shave in before the interest wanes.

And to lead from the front by fine example the Rocnel Elite. Still the loudest razor I have ever met in terms of feedback as it chatters away merrily while doing its job.

Given the Lodz, a razor of great awesomeness. And what a super finish delivered. A razor I have no regret forking out for despite my single mindedness for single edgeness.

A few words for team lather and especially the brush. Despite me voting the 'Emporium' as the worst shaving supplier I was recently coerced in to having to buy this brush from its glossy photo on the BST. Glad I did though. Same Knot as the Dandelion on a glitzy handle. Super. The Murdock's was purchased in their pre-Christmas sale and to be honest I would happily buy again (at sale price) as sometimes a good cream can go a long way. And this is good shit for a lazy bastard. Top notch.

So a divine shave in readiness for a week of doing Jack shit.

To be honest although I turned in two positive results I actually don't feel too bad. More weary than anything, but some of that can be put down to the last 48 hours at work. Two cruel days in the bad weather including an emergency job for a ship breaking its moorings on the river. An absolutely brutal job.

So hopefully a milder week ahead and one of taking it easy. I think the shaves are still in there to be enjoyed.

Have wonderful weekends you smashing people and I will always say, I love you all

And where would the world be without some lovely Japanese maidens to see it all through? It just has to be Aldious and I could only wish being ill could be so beautiful

Last edited:
LRdjgj4.jpg

Prep: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Savile Row 3824 Silvertip Badger
Cream: Jack Black Supreme Cream
Razor: Blackland Blackbird
Blade: Vintage NOS Schick Plus Platinum (5)
Post: Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel, Bootlegger's Perfecto Aftershave Lotion
Scent: Santa Maria Novella Peau D'Espagne Cologne

A truly wonderful shave. Jack Black Supreme cream flies under the radar, but I seriously rate it.
And the SMN Peau D'Espagne cologne - wow! Not for the faint hearted, but a truly magnificent leather scent, at least in my book.

270955288_1324416404654253_5557564328900768740_n.jpg
Prep: Shower, Palmolive Olive Oil Soap
Soap: Gentlemans Face Care Club Caribbean Limes Cream
Brush: Yaqi 24mm Sagrada Familia Tuxedo
Razor: Merkur 34C HD
Blade: Gillette Winner (1)

I woke up this morning with a hankering for something citrussy (as you do!) so I headed off to raid the mothballed "summer setups" box that's been moved to make room for others in the cabinet. It's been a while since I've used a Winner blade, but after a recent visit to Bigdealsmart.com to stock up on Super Blues and Nacets I found a few of these falling into my basket. I'm glad I did - great 2 pass shave and the only irritation caused by a minor case of driver error rather than the blade. Balm was a lovely sweet finish and it looks like these will be back in the routine again well before the Summer!

Prep; face washed with warm water and Omega Boar brush soaked in warm water
Soap; Signature Vectis
Razor : Rockwell 6S plate no 4
Blade: Polsilver Super Irridium # 2 shaves
ASB: Proraso
AS: Speick
3 pass shave done in super quick time - the Rockwell is incredibly safe I feel I could really not think about technique or angle . Great shaving soap and fantastic balm and aftershave. Have a great day and stay safe.

Attachments

• 20220107_100629.jpg
    20220107_100629.jpg
    119.4 KB · Views: 7
7 January

PAA Atomic Age Bay Rum
Razorock 400 Noir
ATT SE1 Calypso
Schick Proline P30
Pinaud Clubman VIBR

7DE4187B-58D6-4951-AE9E-FA765ACD7910.jpeg

Well, that was a superb shave with a razor that I was about to sell. A huge thank you to @Digimonkey for the advice to try a Schick blade, last month. The little package of blades arrived yesterday, and the result was transformative, smooth and extremely close. One of my best shaves ever! The ATT SE1 Calypso is definitely not for sale.

Thursday evening's shave which I decided to carry the theme 'It was only time'

View attachment 82525

Tea time - Rocnel Elite
Coffee time - Polsilver Lodz
Play time - AP Shaving 24mm Cashmere
Meine zeit - Murdock's cream
Testing times - Banana Republic Neroli Woods

It was only a question of 'when?' that I was going to test positive, and that time was last night. Bugger.
So one needed to get a damn fine shave in before the interest wanes.

And to lead from the front by fine example the Rocnel Elite. Still the loudest razor I have ever met in terms of feedback as it chatters away merrily while doing its job.

But given the Lodz a razor of great awesomeness. And what a super finish delivered. A razor I have no regret forking out for despite my single mindedness for single edgeness.

A few words for team lather and especially the brush. Despite me voting the 'Emporium' as the worst shaving supplier I was recently coerced in to having to buy this brush from its glossy photo on the BST. Glad I did though. Same Knot as the Dandelion on a glitzy handle. Super. The Murdock's was purchased in their pre-Christmas sale and to be honest I would happily buy again (at sale price) as sometimes a good cream can go a long way. And this is good shit for a lazy bastard. Top notch.

So a divine shave in readiness for a week of doing Jack shit.

To be honest although I turned in two positive results I actually don't feel too bad. More weary than anything, but some of that can be put down to the last 48 hours at work. Two cruel days in the bad weather including an emergency job for a ship breaking its moorings on the river. An absolutely brutal job.

So hopefully a milder week ahead and one of taking it easy. I think the shaves are still in there to be enjoyed.

Have wonderful weekends you smashing people and I will always say, I love you all

And where would the world be without some lovely Japanese maidens to see it all through? It just has to be Aldious and I could only wish being ill could be so beautiful

Take it easy, hopefully just mild symptoms and no long term effects.
Mike

Fri 7th January

RR 400. SE Plissoft noir
MWF
RR Hawk V3 OC plate
Feather Proguard ( 1 )
GB Grey Flannel A/S Lotion

As my skin still feeling a bit dry, I chose MWF as it not only provides a good lather but it has a good after Shave feel.I also did an early blade change, as on 5 the Kai guarded blade was quite harsh. Pleased that today the Shave was very comfortable and I was happy with the finish quality.

D7D527CD-534E-42FC-BAA7-63CF63F90B75.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom