SOTD : Saturday 19th October - Friday 25h October 2019.

A very enjoyable weekend and so to put a pleasant end to it all I give you a shave with the theme 'who says size doesn't matter?'

IMG_20191020_175953.jpg

Objects in your hand may be smaller than they appear - Long handled brass Hone
Small and efficient - Feather blade
A bigger than you think brush - Cadman 30mm Tuxedo in carbon with someone else's initials on the bottom
Una gran crema española - Alvarez Gomez Barberia
Heaven scent - Alvarez Gomez Barberia

'Objects in your hand may be smaller than they appear'. I recall reading those words on a 'splash mat' (I suppose they keep your feet dry) in the bottom of a urinal in Mobile Alabama and decided I'd put it down to being drunk.

At the working end of this evening's shave was the brass Hone with its newly adopted longer handle courtesy of that very nice man and well esteemed shaver @Blademonkey. Adding a matter of 20mm to the length of the standard item really puts this razor in to the seriously heavy razor brigade. Let the weight of the razor do the work. If this object of my desire didn't have a blade in it it could still remove parts of your face. Jaw bone, chin and any other facial feature one may want to add to the list. If not removing body parts it could always be used to hammer 6 inch nails home.

This is heavy heavy heavy

However after several hours in the gym I finally plucked up the strength to give it a whirl (similar to Olympic hammer throwing) and let it do its job. Simply stunning. There is no way I would call the Hone aggressive but what ever it is it does, it does so with an amazing sense of efficiency. It doesn't miss a trick, or any hair to the same token. Super super smooth and if one could do any damage it is back to pushing envelopes again, of which I will not go down the same road as I used last night......Still strange :unsure:

The Cadman did its brush duties with a plum aplomb and it seems some time since I last used the Barberia. What a bloody great croap and sometimes I need to remind myself to look further than just the top layers of the soap drawers. I guess that is being a lazy git for you.

Top all this evening's shaving activities with a splash of the wonderful old school Alvarez Gomez Barberia and all I can say is smoother than objects in your hand and smelling sweeter than your average urinal.

Have a great week ahead you chaps. I am off work now through to Thursday so I will certainly enjoy the 'to Thursday morning' bit. And I leave you with some of those heavy Japanese girlies. Heavier than a brass Hone........

Saturday and Sunday Shave

Preshave: Heno de Pravia
Soap: Saponificio Varesino - Dolomiti
Razor: Karve Solid Bar D Plate
Brush: Mervyn Cadman 30mm Synthetic
Blade: Personna Lab Blue
Splash: Star Noir
Balm: Barts Grapefruit and Pink Pepper
EDT: Guerlain Homme

Enjoyed it so much Saturday I went with the same again today.

fullsizeoutput_2c.jpeg

Sunday SOTD

Lea Stick
YaqI Chianti 24mm Synthetic
Rockwell 6C plate 4
Gillette Nacet (?)
N Locio'n Aftershave

I'm late to the Lea soap party, I like everything about it. Very good all round performance.
The star of tonight's shave is the very inexpensive Spanish aftershave -€2.10 for 320ml @Digimonkey - thanks for the heads up Iain
It out performs its price - a real bargain

Sunday 20th October

Pears Glycerine soap
Palmolive Shaving Stick
Vulfix 'Hyde Park' Badger Brush
RazoRock ECO with a GWS Blade
Thayers Witch Hazel with Cucumber
Aloe Vera Gel
Brut Musk AS

A very early start to a very long shift. 2 passes for a 'face feeler' and 17 hours on....it still feels good. Personally I think this razor is medium to aggressive and I think RazoRock is targeting the incorrect end user. Cartridges need some pressure and that would make for some uncomfortable shaves for a new user.

Pre-shave:- Argan Oil
Bowl/Scuttle:- Black earthenware bowl
Brush:- A very old Boots bristle brush
Soap/Cream:- Palmolive shave stick
Razor/Blade:- Gillette Tech and Shark (6)
Post/After-shave: Cocoa Butter/Lotion
Fragrance:- None

Sixth shave with the shark blade, giving very good results.

I bought the bristle brush from Boots about 30 years ago, gave it a good hot soak and it gave really good results, another brush arrived over the weekend from China, a badger brush, tucked away for the time being.

I have been using a gel to shave, the Palmolive soap stick is a big improvement. Keeping going with the Shark until it stops doing its job.

Date:- 21 October 2019

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- WCS Two-Tone Tall (Blue & White) Extra Dense Synth. 26/56mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Ariana & Evans ~ Which One's Pink
Razor/Blade:- Rockwell 6s R6 / Vintage NOS England Wilkinson Sword #5
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Natural Glycerin (20), Tea Tree Antiseptic (10) & Peppermint (10 drops)
Fragrance:- Tommy Hilfiger for Men

SOTD 20191021.
9JvooAd.jpg

Proraso pre-shave cream (white).
OUMO Brush / OUMO Brush imitation finest 2-band synth.
Hawkins&Brimble "Elemi&Ginseng" shaving cream.
Schick type I1 injector.
Schick Proline B (14).
Hawkins&Brimble "Elemi&Ginseng" ASB.

DSCF0009 - Edited (2).jpg
Monday 10.21.19 SOTD
Pre de Provence Verbena face lather and rinse
Merkur 37c HD / Personna Platinum Chrome Israeli Red (2)
Frank Shaving 24mm x 50mm Silvertip Badger
Barrister and Mann Barrister's Reserve Spice Shaving Soap
Barrister's Reserve Spice Aftershave Splash

DSCF0014 - Edited (2).jpg

Mon 21st Oct.

RazoRock Syn. 22mm
P & B Spitfire
TNNSER 3D
Gem S/S [ 5 ]
P & B Spitfire A/S Lotion

Though I am rather partial to quite heavy Razors, I have managed to adapt my technique to the rather light TNNSER 3D. On my initial outing I was rather heavy handed and ended up with a sore face. Since then all has gone well and today I had my 5th consecutive Shave, and again the Shave was trouble free, and the finish Top Notch.One of the best Razors of any type that I have used, shame that I have to give it back to Arthur @Electrif who kindly lent me this amazing creation.

IMG_0029.jpg

Back
Top Bottom